5 Shades of Winter for Eyes
It’s hard to find a really awesome aqua eyeshadow, because aqua tends to be a lighter color–almost pastel–that they can be sheer and/or chalky (or just powdery). Sometimes they lean blue, other times they lean green.
- MAC Weathered — darkened, mtued stormy blue
- Buxom Husky — icy winter blue
- bareMinerals On the Rocks — iridescent blue-violet
- Maybelline Too Cool — cool, snowy white
- MAC Keep Your Cool — dirty, gray taupe
What eyeshadow reminds you of winter?
5 Polish Picks for the Holidays
I tried to pick five various shades, rather than five of one color, to show off the variety of holiday-esque polishes!
- China Glaze Cranberry Splash — brilliant bright red
- Illamasqua Swinger — antique gold
- Zoya Song — sparkling blue
- Butter London British Racing Green — deep, dark green
- Chanel Malice — deep, dark red
What’s your favorite polish for the holiday season?
Emerald Green is Pantone’s Color of 2013
Pantone has announced that emerald green will be the color of 2013, which means expect to see about 234879234 new shades of emerald green released in beauty (and, well, everything else) next year. The good news is, for me, I adore emerald green! Here are five favorites to the tune of emerald green
- Milani Green Safari — emerald green with a frosted sheen
- Inglot #385 — vibrant emerald green with a matte finish
- Zoya Holly — shimmering emerald green polish
- NARS Misfit — a teal-tinged emerald green with sparkle
- MAC Emerald Green — strong emerald green in loose form
What’s your favorite emerald green-colored beauty product?
5 Easy Ways to Look Festive for the Season
Maybe you’re heading to a party after work or you’re pressed for time, but there are still ways to incorporate these festive products with little time and effort. Thanks to reader Lisa for today’s idea!
- Glitter Nail Lacquer — most glitter polishes are best when used to layer over existing polish, so a quick coat of one will jazz up nails (or help make an existing manicure look fresh); pictured above is Zoya Electra
- Red Lipstick — most reds are long-wearing, so they’re great to add bold, festive color and will last well through parties/meals; pictured above is MAC Russian Red
- Glittery/Shimmer Lipgloss — my personal favorites are all within Bobbi Brown’s High Shimmer range; pictured is Firefly, a very cool-toned, iridescent shade, and another favorite is Canary, which is lots and lots of gold sparkle. Alone or layered, they add instant glitz with very little work; plus, they’re easy to reapply
- Glitter Eyeliner — the best kind to use in a pinch is liquid, because they come with an applicator and are less prone to fall out; if you have more time, Lit Cosmetics does excellent glitter and adhesive
- Transformative Powders — these duochrome (sometimes tri-chrome almost!) powders can be patted on top of existing makeup to add a flash of iridescent sheen and transform your look
What’s your favorite quick and easy way to incorporate a little glitz into your look?
5 Silver Eyeshadows for the Holidays
My favorite way to wear silver during the holidays is on the lash line, actually. It can add a lot of brightness to a look! I like the line the lower lash line with a rich black eyeliner, then pat on silver eyeshadow on top. I also love silvers with blues–very wintry!
- Giorgoi Armani #12 — bright, metallic silver
- Estee Lauder Cyber Silver — dark, metallic silver-gray
- Buxom Chihuahua — metallic, medium silver
- Guerlain Les Aquas — bright, light silver
- Inglot #448 — faded silver with a metallic finish
What’s your favorite holiday silver eyeshadow?
5 Golden Eyeshadows for the Holidays
I could have easily given you a list of ten, being the gold fiend that I am, but I’ll keep it to the current five that really say holiday to me. I think gold is a very versatile color. It pairs well with warmer shades like bronze, rust, and berry, but it can also work with cooler-toned shades like violet, teal, and blue. And if golds not your cup of tea, I have five of my favorite silvers for holiday coming right up. Any interest in seeing some holiday blue shades? What other holiday-themed favorites would you like to see?
- L’Oreal Eternal Sunshine — metallic yellow gold; not too yellow, not too orange
- OCC Triptych — rich, molten, honey gold
- Make Up For Ever #11 — dirty antique gold
- Inglot #430 — frosted, rich gold
- MAC Old Gold — tarnished gold
What’s your favorite holiday gold eyeshadow?