Glittering golds… a go-to for New Year’s Eve, at the very least, but surely just as lovely throughout the winter–if only to brighten up some of those chilly days!
- Lit Cosmetics Rich & Famous — a holographic, glittering gold
- Zoya Kerry — bright, true yellow gold with glitter and sparkle
- Bobbi Brown Canary — a sparkling gold glitter gloss to be worn alone or layered
- Revlon Gold Coin — an almost-cool-toned metallic gold (or for a high-end, Illamasqua Swinger)
- Sugarpill Goldilux — a brightened, metallic, true yellow gold
What are your favorite glittery, sparkly, or metallic gold-hued shades?
What is a holiday season without highlighting some of my current set of favorite ruby red-hued beauty products? I’m always on the hunt for more metallic reds, so I look forward to reading your favorites!
- OCC Black Metal Dahlia — a deep, dark burgundy-red with ruby red metallic shimmer
- Hourglass Siren — no list is complete without Siren, a fiercely metallic, opaque gloss
- OCC Role Play — a ruby red with a metallic finish and cool undertones
- Inglot #450 — a deepened, cool-toned reddish-berry with a metallic sheen
- Milani Cherry Crave — a warm, metallic red
What are your personal favorites?
Continuing on with our look at brand must-haves, here are my top five favorite formulas from Burberry! It’s fairly well-edited brand, so they have only a few formulas, a lot of classic, basic shades, and their powders have an exceptionally soft, silky feel while lipsticks wear well and feel great on lips. And if you’re a long-time reader, you’ll know that Burberry Trench is my go-to brow highlighter!
- Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow — though often not sheer at all, the eyeshadows are soft, silky, and ultra-flattering on the skin; favorite shades include Trench, Pale Barley, Almond, Taupe Brown
- Burberry Lip Velvet — a long-wearing, comfortable-to-wear matte lipstick; favorite shades include Rose Pink, Bright Poppy, Pink Amber
- Burberry Lip Glow — medium-coverage, shimmery, high-shine gloss that’s hydrating; favorite shades include Cameo Pink, Coral, Brick Red
- Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush — insanely silky texture with rich color payoff; favorite shades include Blossom, Earthy, Coral Pink, Tangerine
- Burberry Lip Cover — lightly luminous, richly pigmented lipstick that’s hydrating, comfortable, and wears well; favorite shades include Bright Plum,
What are your favorite Burberry products/shades?
Reader Rashmi requested a top five of burgundy lipsticks, and I have to say, finding a really lovely burgundy lip color that’s permanent is difficult. It seems to be a favorite hue to go-to for limited edition collections, though.
- OCC Black Dahlia — is a deep, dark burgundy with a hint of brown that lasts and lasts
- MAC Endless Drama — a deepened, semi-opaque burgundy red with a soft, frosted finish
- Giorgio Armani #408 — is a muted, reddish burgundy with a pearly shimmer
- Buxom Menace — a brightened, berry-ish burgundy with a shimmery finish
- Laura Mercier Merlot — a lightened, muted berry-burgundy with a natural finish
What’s your favorite burgundy lipstick?
If I had to pick one product, Illamasqua’s Nail Varnish would be my very, very favorite, but I really like quite a few of their formulas. Their polishes wear exceptionally long on me (fourteen days with just minor tip wear) and come in a variety of shades.
- Illamasqua Velvet Blusher — long-wearing, highly pigmented cream-to-powder blush; can’t wait until they have more shades
- Illamasqua Nail Varnish — one of the best nail lacquers on the market; favorites include Obsess (pictured), Raindrops, Creator
- Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss — for really opaque lipgloss, this is a good bet! Love shades like Belladonna (pictured), Hermetic, Move
- Illamasqua Eyeshadow — they have a particularly lovely matte formula that’s richly pigmented, blendable, and soft; recommendations include Sadist (pictured), Burst, Fledgling
- Illamasqua Cream Blusher — cream blush with a lovely, natural finish and nice color payoff; one of my favorites is Seduce (pictured)
What are your favorite Illamasqua products?
The first Dior product I can remember falling head-over-heels in love with was their Diorskin Shimmer powders, specifically Amber Diamond. I spent a few hours yesterday reorganizing, and after seeing Amber Diamond, plus three others, I was left wondering why Dior hasn’t released any additional shades in so long.
- Rouge Dior Couture Colour Voluptuous Care Lipstick is a long-wearing, hydrating, nicely pigmented formula
- Diorshow Fusion Mono Eyeshadow — these are my new favorite cream eyeshadow for their pigmentation, shimmer, finish, and wear; favorites include Aventure and Millenium
- Dior Vernis — their more recent shades have a wonderful glossy shine and nice color coverage (most of my favorites are limited edition, unfortunately!)
- Diorskin Nude — lightweight, light-medium coverage, natural-to-dewy finish
- Diorskin Shimmer Star — a lovely all-over highlighter available in a bronze shade (Amber Diamond) or pink shade (Rose Diamond)
What are your favorite Dior products?