I’ll be sharing my year-end favorites soon, and I thought a nice way to kick it off would be to share with you the most popular posts this past year here on the blog. Some of these posts weren’t even published in 2013–a few are surprisingly old and yet remain rather popular! I think you can see a trend here: Urban Decay and MAC dominated. There was only one post in the top thirteen that wasn’t from either brand!
- Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette Review (surprising no one!)
- Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette Comparison Swatches
- Urban Decay Naked 1 vs. Naked 2 Comparison Swatches
- MAC Retro Matte Lipsticks Reviews, Photos, Swatches (Part 1)
- MAC RiRi Hearts MAC Collection
- MAC RiRi Woo Lipstick Review, Photos, Swatches
- MAC Retro Matte Lipsticks Reviews, Photos, Swatches (Part 2)
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Review, Photos, Swatches
- Urban Decay Naked2 Eyeshadow Palette Review, Photos, Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow Swatches – Browns (this was a total surprise to me!)
- MAC Archie’s Girls Collection
- Best Full Coverage Foundation (and this one was also a sleeper hit!)
- MAC RiRi Hearts MAC Lipsticks Reviews, Photos, Swatches
One of my favorite colors of all-time is emerald green. It has so much depth, and I love that it can be cooler or warmer and be so, so different.
- Zoya Logan — a very cool-toned, glittering emerald green polish
- Milani Green Safari — an amazing emerald green cream eyeshadow that can be used as eyeliner or as a base
- Illamasqua Violate — because I can’t have a list that doesn’t include an emerald green lip color
- Zoya Holly — vibrant, warm-toned emerald green
- Make Up For Ever #80 — a smoky, slightly blackened emerald green eyeshadow
Have you worn any emerald green beauty products before?
If gold isn’t quite your style when it comes to the holidays, how about silver? I personally love wearing silver as an eyeliner or as an eyeshadow base for a smoky eye.
- Lit Tinsel Town — a glittering, holographic silver perfect for adding sparkle and dazzle to any look
- Maybelline Silver Strike — a bright, metallic silver that’s easy to use as an eyeliner or as a cream eyeshadow
- Urban Decay Cuff — a bright, silver eyeliner with a soft metallic sheen
- NYX Ice Glitter — silver and holographic glitter top coat to add just that touch of wintry dazzle to your nails
- Inglot #447 — a bright, light metallic silver powder eyeshadow that opens and brightens the eye
What are your favorite silver-hued beauty products?
Reader Meghan sent a request for me to answer the “Perfect Palette Tag,” which is going around YouTube. I actually watched Leesha do this tag a few days ago and thought it would be fun to do at some point, so when Meghan made the request, it was a done deal. I decided to answer in the spirit as just me, in terms of what I really, truly loved (or didn’t) and use. To that extent, I didn’t keep my answers to only permanently (or currently) available palettes, though I think the majority are available to a degree.
I tag you. All of you! to share your list with me (and Temptalia readers)! Here are the questions:
- Best Packaging
- Best Color Payoff
- Most Versatile
- Best for Traveling
- Biggest Regret
- Best Color Names
- Least Used
- Most Used
- Most Loved
- Desert Island
Glittering golds… a go-to for New Year’s Eve, at the very least, but surely just as lovely throughout the winter–if only to brighten up some of those chilly days!
- Lit Cosmetics Rich & Famous — a holographic, glittering gold
- Zoya Kerry — bright, true yellow gold with glitter and sparkle
- Bobbi Brown Canary — a sparkling gold glitter gloss to be worn alone or layered
- Revlon Gold Coin — an almost-cool-toned metallic gold (or for a high-end, Illamasqua Swinger)
- Sugarpill Goldilux — a brightened, metallic, true yellow gold
What are your favorite glittery, sparkly, or metallic gold-hued shades?
What is a holiday season without highlighting some of my current set of favorite ruby red-hued beauty products? I’m always on the hunt for more metallic reds, so I look forward to reading your favorites!
- OCC Black Metal Dahlia — a deep, dark burgundy-red with ruby red metallic shimmer
- Hourglass Siren — no list is complete without Siren, a fiercely metallic, opaque gloss
- OCC Role Play — a ruby red with a metallic finish and cool undertones
- Inglot #450 — a deepened, cool-toned reddish-berry with a metallic sheen
- Milani Cherry Crave — a warm, metallic red
What are your personal favorites?