Here is a compilation of my favorite budget-friendly lipsticks and lipglosses that I’ve tested over the past year! I’m really excited to have found an affordable, high-quality lip scrub this year. Bonus points for being an indie brand to boot! It does seem like 2013 was the year of bright lipstick–fuchsia, red, and orange!
What were your favorite budget-friendly lipsticks and lipglosses from the past year?
I have a whole slew of fun top tens to share with you over the next few days! You may even see some of these pop up again in a few other top tens. I wanted to put a spotlight on some of the best affordable and budget-friendly products that I enjoyed and reviewed over the past year. I hope you’ll take a moment to share your own favorites that you discovered this year.
- Makeup Geek Glamorous Eyeshadow — a shimmering, coppery gold with a frosted finish
- Fyrinnae Because Cats — a cool-toned, bluish-purple with a frosted, metallic finish
- Sleek Makeup Vintage Romance Eyeshadow Palette — a great cooler, smokier palette
- L’Oreal Amber Rush — warm, reddish copper with orange undertones and metallic finish
- Sephora Good Mood Eye Contour Pencil — a shimmery teal for that perfect pop of color on the lash line
- Maybelline Barely Branded Color Tattoo Eyeshadow — warm, creamy beige with a metallic finish
- Makeup Geek Country Girl Eyeshadow — a rosy, warm-toned brown with a pearly sheen
- Sleek Makeup Sunset Eyeshadow Palette — an intensely pigmented, warm-toned eyeshadow palette
- Makeup Geek Liquid Gold Pigment — a deep, dark molten gold
- Milani Perfect Purple — nicely pigmented, purple eyeliner
What were your favorite budget-friendly eyeshadows and eyeliners this year?
I’ll be sharing my year-end favorites soon, and I thought a nice way to kick it off would be to share with you the most popular posts this past year here on the blog. Some of these posts weren’t even published in 2013–a few are surprisingly old and yet remain rather popular! I think you can see a trend here: Urban Decay and MAC dominated. There was only one post in the top thirteen that wasn’t from either brand!
- Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette Review (surprising no one!)
- Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette Comparison Swatches
- Urban Decay Naked 1 vs. Naked 2 Comparison Swatches
- MAC Retro Matte Lipsticks Reviews, Photos, Swatches (Part 1)
- MAC RiRi Hearts MAC Collection
- MAC RiRi Woo Lipstick Review, Photos, Swatches
- MAC Retro Matte Lipsticks Reviews, Photos, Swatches (Part 2)
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Review, Photos, Swatches
- Urban Decay Naked2 Eyeshadow Palette Review, Photos, Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow Swatches – Browns (this was a total surprise to me!)
- MAC Archie’s Girls Collection
- Best Full Coverage Foundation (and this one was also a sleeper hit!)
- MAC RiRi Hearts MAC Lipsticks Reviews, Photos, Swatches
One of my favorite colors of all-time is emerald green. It has so much depth, and I love that it can be cooler or warmer and be so, so different.
- Zoya Logan — a very cool-toned, glittering emerald green polish
- Milani Green Safari — an amazing emerald green cream eyeshadow that can be used as eyeliner or as a base
- Illamasqua Violate — because I can’t have a list that doesn’t include an emerald green lip color
- Zoya Holly — vibrant, warm-toned emerald green
- Make Up For Ever #80 — a smoky, slightly blackened emerald green eyeshadow
Have you worn any emerald green beauty products before?
If gold isn’t quite your style when it comes to the holidays, how about silver? I personally love wearing silver as an eyeliner or as an eyeshadow base for a smoky eye.
- Lit Tinsel Town — a glittering, holographic silver perfect for adding sparkle and dazzle to any look
- Maybelline Silver Strike — a bright, metallic silver that’s easy to use as an eyeliner or as a cream eyeshadow
- Urban Decay Cuff — a bright, silver eyeliner with a soft metallic sheen
- NYX Ice Glitter — silver and holographic glitter top coat to add just that touch of wintry dazzle to your nails
- Inglot #447 — a bright, light metallic silver powder eyeshadow that opens and brightens the eye
What are your favorite silver-hued beauty products?
Reader Meghan sent a request for me to answer the “Perfect Palette Tag,” which is going around YouTube. I actually watched Leesha do this tag a few days ago and thought it would be fun to do at some point, so when Meghan made the request, it was a done deal. I decided to answer in the spirit as just me, in terms of what I really, truly loved (or didn’t) and use. To that extent, I didn’t keep my answers to only permanently (or currently) available palettes, though I think the majority are available to a degree.
I tag you. All of you! to share your list with me (and Temptalia readers)! Here are the questions:
- Best Packaging
- Best Color Payoff
- Most Versatile
- Best for Traveling
- Biggest Regret
- Best Color Names
- Least Used
- Most Used
- Most Loved
- Desert Island