One of my favorite beauty products to bring out during summer is neon lipsticks! The brighter, the better! Let’s kick it off with a look at some bold, vibrant fuchsia lipsticks… You can see them all here in the Swatch Gallery.
- Estee Lauder Dominant — bold, brightened, medium-dark fuchsia pink
- Buxom Exhibitionist — bold, brightened cool-toned fuchsia
- Urban Decay Anarchy — a glossy, fuchsia-magenta
- Maybelline Fuchsia Flash –a brightened, electric magenta pink
- Bite Beauty Moscato — a satiny, neon fuchsia pink
What are your favorite fuchsia lipsticks to wear during the summer?
Here are some of my personal recommendations for eye products to pick up while Sephora’s offering 15% off! Beauty Insiders use code TICKET, VIBs use code VIBTICKET, and Rouges use code ROUGETICKET. Feel free to share your recommendations for other readers to try!
- Urban Naked Palettes (review) if you’re a big fan of various hues of neutrals that tend to lean more shimmery. I’ve enjoyed all three palettes enormously, and I usually take one along with me when I travel. (Pictured: Naked3)
- Too Faced Pretty Rebel Eyeshadow Palette (review) is one of the best eyeshadow palettes ever–perfect if you love rich, pigmented eyeshadows with frosted finishes.
- bareMinerals Power Neutrals Eyeshadow Palette (review) is a nice option for a neutral palette with a variety of finishes.
- Sephora 10 Shades of Samba Set (review) has ten shades of one of my favorite eyeliner formulas (Sephora’s Eye Contour Pencils) in several colorful hues. (Pictured: Romantic Comedy)
- NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (review) is my very favorite eyeshadow primer–colorless, works well across brands and finishes, and keeps my eyeshadow on extra long.
- Dior Fusion Mono Eyeshadows (review) are my newest favorite for cream eyeshadows! So versatile, long-wearing, and sparkling. (Pictured: Hypnotique)
- Marc Jacobs Intro(vert) Highliner (review) is an eyeliner I get complimented on all the time–it’s a cooler-toned, brighter teal that is harder to dupe.
- Urban Decay Ocho Loco 2 (review) is a set of eight full-sized eyeliners from black to teal–I’m constantly reaching for the shades in this one–and bonus, it comes with Grind House as well!
- Urban Decay Grind House (review) is my go-to for all my eyeliner sharpening needs!
- Marc Jacobs Brow Tamer (review) works nicely to keep brows in place without giving them a hard, crunchy feeling. I just picked up my second one this time around, actually!
Here are some of my personal recommendations for cheek and face products to pick up while Sephora’s offering 15% off! Beauty Insiders use code TICKET, VIBs use code VIBTICKET, and Rouges use code ROUGETICKET. Feel free to share your recommendations for other readers to try!
- Clinique Cheek Pop (review) are so incredible, I can recommend every single shade without hesitation. Great texture, pigmentation, and not too pricey! (Pictured: Plum Pop)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush (review) are soft, lightly luminous blushes that are great for everyday wear. They’ve gone in and out of stock during the sale, so you might have to look in-store for them if they’re on your list. (Pictured: Ethereal Glow)
- Make Up For Ever HD Blush (review) are forgiving, easy-to-use cream blushes that wear well, come in a variety of shades, and have a great texture. (Pictured: #215)
- Guerlain Meteorites Pearls (review) is a fantastic way to add subtle glow and softening to the face after applying your favorite foundation, and they’re an indulgence to be sure! (Pictured: Clair)
- Givenchy Le Prisme Blush (review) is incredibly finely-milled, velvety, and smooth in texture, so the blush goes on evenly and looks natural on the skin. (Pictured: It-Girl Purple)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (review) might be “old news” now, but they’re products that can easily be used often and add soft luminosity to the skin. (Pictured: Luminous Light)
- Benefit Rockateur Box o’ Powder (review) is a sweet fix for a craving for rose gold.
- Illamasqua Blusher (review) is a lovely option for anyone looking for more satin and matte finish blushes. (Pictured: Lover)
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush (review) is a richly pigmented, long-wearing, silky-smooth formula. (Pictured: Sensous Rose)
- Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder (review) is a classic option for a finely-milled, silky-smooth, long-wearing bronzer. (Pictured: Moyen Brunettes)
Here are some of my personal recommendations for lip products to pick up while Sephora’s offering 15% off! Beauty Insiders use code TICKET, VIBs use code VIBTICKET, and Rouges use code ROUGETICKET. Feel free to share your recommendations for other readers to try!
- Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Creams (review) are really intensely pigmented liquid lipsticks. I’ve tried three shades and have loved all three! (Pictured: Moscato)
- Guerlain Rouge G (review) is my all-time favorite lipstick formula, and it’s by no means inexpensive, so a sale is a great time to indulge. Love shades like Gemma, Girly, Gisela, Genna, Garconne, Gigolo. (Pictured: Genna)
- YSL Glossy Stains (review) are glossy, pigmented, and long-wearing lip colors that come in a wide variety of shades. These are lovely for someone who likes a glossy lip but needs longer wear. (Pictured: Fuchsia Dore)
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick (review) is a pigmented, comfortable, hydrating, and moderately longer-wearing lipstick that comes in a good variety of shades from beige to plum. I really love shades like Anarchy, Naked, Streak, and Venom. (Pictured: Anarchy)
- Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lipgloss (review) is my go-to formula for sparkling, shimmery gloss with a high-shine, high-shimmer finish. I love shades like Canary, Naked Plum, and Plum Gold. (Pictured: Citrus)
- Too Faced La Creme (review) is an excellent formula if you love a lipstick with a very creamy, emollient texture, good color payoff, and hydration. (Pictured: Bon Bon)
- Givenchy Le Rouge (review) is one of my favorite formulas for its satiny finish, intense color payoff, and comfortable, hydrating, long-wear.
- Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick (review) is a richly pigmented, longer-wearing, comfortable formula that won’t break the bank! (Pictured: Menace)
- Marc Jacobs LoveMarc Lip Gel (review) is hydrating, emollient lipstick with a lot of shine and pigmentation. Some of my favorites are Showstopper and Seduce Me. (Pictured: Seduce Me)
- Jack Black Lip Balm (review) is a must-have for me at all times.
Reader Rashmi wanted to get a list of some of my favorite eyeliners, particularly high-end shades, and I’m happy to oblige! I tried to go for an assortment of colors and finishes, but also some less “basic” shades, so you won’t find any staples like black on this list. You can see swatches of my list here. I can’t wait to hear what eyeliners make your top ten!
- Tarina Tarantino Spark of Envy — no favorites list is complete without this shade of bluish-teal
- Urban Decay Pistol — a warm taupe
- Sephora Snakeskin Dress — an olive green
- Sephora 5th Avenue — a deep, dark warm gray
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Intro(vert) — a brightened pop of jade green
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Th(ink) –a deep, dark purple
- Urban Decay Deep End — a brightened blue
- MAC Lord It Up — a gold-shimmered brown
- Urban Decay Scorch — a golden brown
- Sephora My Boyfriend’s Jeans — a cool-toned, bluish-purple
Here’s a (hopefully!) handy dandy overview of some of my must-have brushes for eyes You can read the original full, more detailed post about them here.