Reader Sylirael asked if I had done a post on aqua eyeshadows, and the last time I did one was back in ’11, so I thought three years later might be a good time to update my top five!
- Giorgio Armani #10 — a metallic, aqua-blue
- Sugarpill Mochi — a muted, aqua blue with a satin finish
- Inglot #345 — a minty, aqua green with a matte finish
- Make Up For Ever #93 — a bold, bright aqua-green
- Urban Decay Shattered — a gold-shimmered, muted aqua blue
What are your favorite aqua-hued eyeshadows?
I love green eyeshadow! Whether it’s a soft, pastel green or a deep, emerald green or a murky, earthy, olive green. Here are some of my favorites for brighter pops of green for spring.
- Make Up For Ever #91 — a bright, medium green with yellow undertones
- Illamasqua Pivot — a pop of chartreuse with a matte finish
- Sugarpill Tipsy — a shimmery, frosted green
- MAC Lucky Green — a bright, shimmering yellow-toned green
- Illamasqua Fledgling –a vibrant, grass green with a matte finish
What are your favorite shades of green for spring?
Reader Dilyana wanted to see more top picks for corals… so here’s my current top ten list of coral lipsticks, lipglosses, and blushes! (See them in the Swatch Gallery here.) What are your favorites right now?
- Hourglass Radiant Magenta — a warm-toned, pinky-coral with a satin finish
- Too Faced Bon Bon — a bright, warm-toned coral
- Chanel Reflexion — a shimmering, coral-red gloss
- Clinique Peach Pop — a muted, coral-orange with a luminous finish
- Maybelline Caramel Infused — a soft, pink-coral gloss
- Urban Decay Streak — a glossy coral-pink
- Tom Ford Love Lust –a shimmering, dark coral
- Burberry Camel Pink — a peachy-gold shimmered coral-pink gloss
- Givenchy Rose Dressing (202) — a vibrant, pink-coral
- MAC Be a Lady –a brightened, pink-coral
Finding a rich, deep pink or berry lipgloss that doesn’t settle into lip lines or look like a splotchy mess is harder than you’d think, but here are five of my top picks that won’t give you such a hard time! What are your favorite deep pink and berry lip glosses?
- Revlon Adorned — a bold, fuchsia-red
- Giorgio Armani #523 — a vivid, pink-red with cool undertones
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Studded Kiss — a shimmering, muted berry
- Illamasqua Belladonna — a muted, fuchsia pink
- NARS Mexican Rose — a soft, raspberry pink
It seems like cream blush is the thing for spring, so here are ten of my favorites! What are your favorite cream blushes to pull out during spring?
- Make Up For Ever #330 — a medium pink with subtle cool undertones
- Illamasqua Peaked — muted, raspberry pink with a satin finish
- Chanel Affinite (65) — brightened, cool-toned pink
- MAC Posey — brightened, pinky-coral
- Illamasqua Seduce –a muted, pinky-plum
- Chanel Inspiration (64) — a light, cool pink
- Make Up For Ever #410 — a medium, coral-orange
- Illamasqua Sleek — medium-dark, coral-brown
- Chanel Chamade (67) — rich, reddish-pink
- MAC Ladyblush — a neutral, peachy-pink
I thought coming up with a beautiful rainbow of hues might be a fun (and challenging!) theme to work under. Of course, I took liberties with the concept of rainbow and added a few in-between shades to make a full list of ten. I would love to see what your top ten shades are, in rainbow-order, so-to-speak!
- Urban Decay 69 — a bright, medium-dark red with cool undertones
- Zoya Amy — a fiery, gold-shimmered orange
- Sugarpill Buttercupcake — bright, matte yellow
- Illamasqua Fledgling — rich, grassy green with a matte finish
- OCC Man by Man — a metallic teal
- Urban Decay Radium — a medium blue with shimmer
- Sephora My Boyfriend’s Jeans — a blue-purple with shimmer
- Fyrinnae Parental Advisory — a bold, cool-toned purple
- Too Faced Lollipop — violet with fuchsia shimmer
- Dior Aventure (81) — because life isn’t complete without taupe
Share your favorites… For bonus points, feel free to share picks for teal, violet, and taupe