INSPIRATION: “The boys are part bourgeoisie, part rugged. They have swagger, but they are beautiful,” said designer Phillip Lim. Naïve, fresh and with an affluence for dressing, they carry confidence like it’s second nature. Ruling the streets and proving that class is effortless, the Spring/Summer 2011 Phillip Lim man is gorgeous, and flawless-their innate beauty is best expressed through Lim saying, “Put a bow on this gift!”
LOOK: Athletic skin – dewy with flushed cheeks. “They are like school boys – preppy and athletic but post-game they’re heading to dinner,” said lead artist Francelle Daly. The key point is the beautiful skin and the rosy glow of the cheeks.
NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer (NEW for February 2011)
Chiffon Highlights at Jason Wu Spring/Summer 2011 Show with Odile Gilbert for Aveda
Aveda lead stylist Odile Gilbert created looping braids and twists finished with a chiffon ‘flower’ using Aveda Smooth Infusion Style-Prep™ Smoother,™ Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray, and Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray at the Jason Wu Spring/Summer 2011 Fashion Week show in New York.
INSPIRATION: “The Jason Wu hair look for this season is simple yet sophisticated, with 1970’s inspiration. We’re braiding chiffon—scraps from the collection—into the hair and twisting the ends into a flower. This look captures the happiness and excitement of spring and summer.” –Odile Gilbert for Aveda–Odile Gilbert for Aveda
1. Prep damp hair with Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Style-Prep Smoother™ for smoothness and to tame flyaways. Use a fine-tooth comb to create a strong, clean part on the right side of the head and then blow dry straight using a Mason Pearson brush.
2. Pull hair tightly back and separate into four sections along the nape of the neck. Spray each with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for shine and flexible hold.
3. Tie a long ribbon or piece of fabric—in a shade close to the hair color—around the top of each section of hair.
4. One section at a time, braid the fabric through the hair and secure at the bottom with an elastic. Leave excess fabric out at the bottom of each braid. Spray each braid liberally with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray for ultra-strong hold.
5. Collect all four braids and tie the fabric into one large bow at the end to create a ‘flower.’
6. Pull the fabric ‘flower’ upwards and secure at the nape of the neck with hair pins, creating beautiful braided loops stemming from the flower. Finish the look with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray.
Richie Rich launched “POPLUXE by RICHIE RICH” a new ready-¬to-¬wear collaboration with fashion incubator THE KING COLLECTIVE, that is set to take the apparel world by storm. Experts Edward Tricomi and Mateo Ambrose of Warren Tricomi; Deborah Lippmann and Cindy Barshop of Completely Bare all came together backstage to embellish Richie’s collection.
Hair: Edward Tricomi, of Warren-Tricomi created a baby doll style with an extreme side part and a large bouffant, hair was loose and curled in the back for movement.
Makeup: Mateo Ambrose, of Warren-Tricomi for Smashbox Cosmetics created a beautiful washed out sea foam eye, with massive lashes and Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Pop for a cotton candy lip. For the bondage girls he went for a multi-color block eye for an optical graphic punk look with smeared Smashbox Photo Finish Lipstick in Legendary.
Nails: Deborah Lippmann opted for her latest polish, Naked on the fingers of the female models, new for Spring 2011. The “love” finger is polished in Bad Romance, as a way of spreading love. For the male models it was a glitterfest on the toes using all of her signature glitter polishes, such as Happy Birthday.
Vatoos: Cindy Barshop created an exclusive Richie Rich completely bare vatoo for the bondage models. His popluxe logo and his initials were vatoo’d all over the bodies in bright and glittery colors for extra edge.