Revlon @ Rag & Bone NYFW Fall 2012
REVLON was backstage creating the look at Rag & Bone this past week. Revlon’s Global Artistic Director, Gucci Westman, created a striking eye for the rag & bone Fall 2012 collection, bringing forth the designers inspiration of the textures and colors of India.
“I wanted to put the emphasis on the eyes,” says Westman. “I played with different textures and layered three different kinds of eyeliners to make the look bold and a little rough around the edges.”
- Revlon Crème Gel Liner in Black, $9.99
- Revlon Luxurious Color Eye Liner in Black, $9.99
- Revlon Liquid Liner in Blackest Black
- Revlon Illuminance Crème Shadow in Not Just Nudes, $6.50
- Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume Mascara in Blackened Brown, $8.99
- Gucci LIMITED EDITION Shadow Palette for Fall 2012 – Midnight Express, highlighter on cheeks: $9.99 (available October 2012)
- Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush in Flushed, $12.99
NARS @ Fabiola Arias NYFW Fall 2012
NARS was backstage creating the look at Fabiola Arias this past week. “All the pieces are strong but not overbearing,” said designer Fabiola Arias. “I wanted the girls to look like they are really lit from within, in gorgeous dresses and hats that my mother, a milliner, created.”
“Fabiola wanted a look that was strong, but sophisticated at the same time,” said Uzo, NARS International Lead Makeup Artist. “We created a very rich, ombre eye with warm shades complemented by gold tones. The inner corners of the eyes are meant to look like they are illuminated, and to balance the look, the lips have color but are tinted rather than full-on.”
- Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF30/PA+++
- Sheer Glow Foundation
- Skorpios Soft Touch Shadow Pencil
- Key Largo Duo Eyeshadow
- Kuala Lumpur Duo Eyeshadow
- Kilimanjaro Duo Eyeshadow
- Vent Glacé Duo Eyeshadow (New for Fall 2012!)
- Eyeliner Stylo
- Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara
- More Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil (New for Fall 2012!)
Make Up For Ever @ Cynthia Rowley NYFW Fall 2012
MAKE UP FOR EVER was backstage creating the look at Cynthia Rowley this past week. MAKE UP FOR EVER ALLIANCE artist, Lottie, served as key make up artist for the Cynthia Rowley Fall 2012 show during New York Fashion Week. The look was inspired by the women of the 40s – effortlessly natural, empowered, and clean. The skin had a dewy finish with supple bare lips. To add a slightly masculine edge, Lottie groomed the brows creating a full and fluffy appearance.
- Complexion: Lottie first mixed MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation with MAKE UP FOR EVER Uplight #12. She applied this mixture all over, which gave the models a flawless dewy canvas. To finish the look and set the make up, she used MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Powder.
- Brows: Lottie brushed the brows upwards to create a fluffy appearance. For added fullness, she filled in individual hairs with MAKE UP FOR EVER Brow Pencil and MAKE UP FOR EVER Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector. The brows were then kept in place using MAKE UP FOR EVER Brow Seal.
- Lips: The lips were supple and hydrated with MAKE UP FOR EVER Moisturizing Lip Balm.
NARS @ Creatures of the Wind NYFW Fall 2012
NARS was backstage creating the look at Creatures of the Wind this past week. “We were inspired by a book from the 17th century called, The Secret Commonwealth: Of Elves, Fauns and Faires,” said designer Chris Peters. “The clothes all have an element of parallel existences – the real world versus the fairy world – manifesting itself in the combinations of fabrics and the idea of transformation and transition.”
“The look is about ethereal, forest-wet skin,” said James Boehmer, NARS Director of Global Artistry. “You can’t use enough moisturizer – it’s dewy and really radiant. The eye should be defined in its shape but worn-in with its effect. As if you can see the eyelid through it, which we get from the gloss.”
- Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF30/PA+++
- Cayenne Single Eyeshadow
- Mambo Eyeliner Pencil
- Bengali Single Eyeshadow
- Coconut Grove Single Eyeshadow
- Kuala Lumpur Duo Eyeshadow
- Rouge Tribal Larger Than Life Lip Gloss (new for Spring 2012)
- Triple X Lip Gloss
How-to for Hair
- Prep damp hair with Kérastase Mousse Substantive for texture, Kérastase Lotion Densitive for added thickness and rough dry with fingers
- Spray sections of hair with Kérastase Double Force Control Ultime, create curls with fingers and pin
- Once sections have set, take out the pins and gather hair, keeping the front right section loose
- At the back of the head, take random sections, creating three small braids and loosening them with fingers
- Twist and pin the remaining back section haphazardly, then wind the braids over the twists and pin into place
- Lightly tease the remaining front section, and begin loosely pinning and twisting the hair starting at the ear, wrapping the ends and securing underneath the style
- For added shimmer, spray hair with a gold glitter spray and finish the look with Kérastase Double Force Hairspray
Lancome @ Monika Chiang NYFW Fall 2012
LANCOME was backstage creating the look at Monika Chiang this past week. Designer Monika Chiang was inspired by none other than Elettra Wiedemann when creating the beauty look for her Fall collection. “Elettra is a perfect muse for me,” Chiang says about the model, philanthropist, and face of Lancôme. “She’s such a natural beauty and has this really healthy glow about her. She can also effortlessly transform from girl next door to old Hollywood glamour girl or rocker chick, to suit her mood. I chose her not only because she’s beautiful, but because she’s strong, smart and stands for something.”
Lancôme National Makeup Artist Tarek Abbas created “enhanced natural beauty” for Chiang’s debut NY Fashion Week presentation. Tarek wanted the models’ skin to be flawless with a healthy glow. He contoured the cheeks using the new Blush Subtil Palette and swept bronzer around the hairline and chin. He mixed two neutral shades of Color Design Eyeshadow to create a subtle wash of color around the eyes and defined the eyes with dark brown eyeliner, which was carefully smudged and blended. One coat of Définicils Mascara in Brown created natural-looking lashes. Tarek applied Rouge In Love in Lasting Kiss with his finger and pressed the color onto the lips to pump up the model’s natural lip color.
- Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation (available March 2012)
- Blush Subtil Palette in Nectar Lace- #126 (available July 2012)
- Color Design Eyeshadow in Vintage and Chic
- Rouge in Love Lipcolor in Lasting Kiss- #200B
- Définicils Mascara in Brown
- Le Stylo Waterproof Eyeliner in Café
- Vernis in Love Nail Polish in Crystal Quartz- #010M
Aveda @ Richard Chai NYFW Fall 2012
AVEDA was backstage creating the look at Richard Chai this past week. Hair styled by Frank Rizzieri and Kevin Ryan for Aveda at Richard Chai autumn winter 2012 show is inspired by Matt Dillon in Drugstore Cowboy and Chet Baker – well-groomed gets a tousle. “Richard’s collection incorporates disproportionate tailoring,” says Kevin Ryan. “The hair – like the clothing – is deconstructed. The overall style starts out looking very tidy, but the finish disturbs the original styling, like you’ve pulled a sweater off over your head.”
- Section the hair from ear to ear at the flat of the crown, securing the bottom half with a clip.
- Spray the top section from root to midshaft with a generous amount of Aveda Volumizing Tonic.
- Blowdry the Tonic in the top section with a fine-toothed comb or Mason Pearson brush, creating lift at the root, up and away from the face and hairline.
- Work Aveda Men Pure-Formance Grooming Clay into the hair from root to mid-length with a Mason Pearson brush. Hair should be slightly textured throughout – use Aveda Air Control Hair Spray or Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion to add texture, if needed.
- Follow with a quarter-sized dollop of Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade emulsified in the hands and raked in, using fingers to comb through.
- Comb hair back and away from face with a side-parting on the left. Secure with clips and let set while finishing makeup.
- Using a fine-toothed comb, reverse the style by combing forward for a tousled, random finish. Saturate the hair at the sides of the face with Brilliant Spray-On Shine and comb backwards, then run fingers through for added texture over the ear.