It really shouldn’t be a surprise to see so many of Makeup Geek’s blushes on this list, because from the first one I tried to the last, they were stellar. They really nailed the formula; it’s not just good for the money, but it’s a fantastic powder blush, period. The texture was soft without being powdery or chalky. While many categories at the drugstore are comparable to high-end products, blushes and highlighters are an area that I find tends to miss, so I’m thrilled to see Makeup Geek enter the space and do budget blush justice (and then some). I really hope to see more shades next year! I’ll be studying your favorite finds this year for products to make note to review in 2015!
- Makeu p Geek Love Affair — a medium-dark, pink-coral with subtle gold shimmer
- NYX Dusty Rose — a light-medium, rosy pink with subtle, warm undertones and a matte finish
- Makeup Geek Romance — a coral-orange with warm undertones and a soft, golden frost finish
- Milani Bella Rosa (11) — an intense fuchsia-magenta pink with rich color payoff
- Makeup Geek Rendezvous — a softened, cool-toned pink with a satin finish
- Milani Delizioso Pink (10) — a brightened, cool-toned pink with strong blue undertones
- Makeup Geek Bliss — a soft, peachy-coral with a satin finish
- Makeup Geek Summer Fling — a brightened, medium orange with warm, red undertones
- Makeup Geek Spell Bound — a neutral-warm pink with a soft sheen (a very wearable, everyday shade for me)
- Makeup Geek Head Over Heels — a shimmery, cool-toned lilac-pink
What were your favorite budget-friendly cheek products this year?
I feel like this was the year of the eyeliner when it came to choosing my favorite budget-friendly eye products. It was hard not to make a list just for eyeliners, because there were so many amazing shades to choose from!
- Makeup Geek Moondust Eyeshadow — medium-dark, warm-toned taupe with a metallic finish
- Sephora Surfer Babe Eyeliner — a rich, medium-dark blue with a pearly finish (looks SO good on the lower lash line for a pop of color!)
- ColourPop I Heart This — a sparkly light-medium gold with a metallic, glittering finish (very appropriate for a New Year’s Eve post!)
- Sleek Arabian Nights Eyeshadow Palette — from rich, bold, and deepened shades from beige to cobalt to burgundy, there was a lot to love in this palette!
- Sephora Flirting Game Eyeliner — shimmering taupe eyeliner? I’m there, there, AND still there! Great alternative to black and brown eyeliner
- L’Oreal True Teal Eyeliner — one of my new favorite teal eyeliners (and I am a true connoisseur of teal eyeliner!) for its rich color payoff and intense vibrancy
- Makeup Geek Barcelona Beach Eyeshadow — a soft, muted, medium brown with subtle rosy tones and a satin finish
- Sephora Go For a Ride Eyeliner — a deep, forest green with a subtle, pearly sheen
- Makeup Geek Mesmerized — a rich, medium-dark taupe brown with a metallic finish
- L’Oreal Cobalt Blue Eyeliner — one of the most intense blue eyeliners I’ve ever come across, period