Makeup & Beauty Tips on How to Add Color to Your Eye Makeup
Share your best tips and tricks for adding bolder, brighter colors into your eye makeup! Feel free to share your experiences, how you mastered techniques, or what you struggle with.
- As an eyeliner is a good introduction to seeing bolder/brighter color on the eye area and is a way to add color without making it the focal point of the look.
- Wear it in the crease: depending on your eye shape, this can make it more or less visible so it’s a peek of color but not a lid full of color.
- As with anything that is new or out of your comfort zone, experiment, have fun, and just wear it around the house on a day you’re relaxing at home – get used to seeing yourself with it on.
Thanks to Theresa for today’s question!
Makeup & Beauty Tips on How to Apply Lipstick
Share your best tips and tricks for applying your lipstick perfectly! Feel free to share your experiences, how you mastered techniques, or what you struggle with.
- If you struggle, consider using a lip brush to help give you more precision!
- I start by applying from the center of my bottom lip, and then going to the left, then middle to the right. Then, I repeat on my upper lip by staring at the cupid’s bow.
- I press the lipstick to the center of my lip, and then open my mouth slightly and move the lipstick across the lip while closing my mouth.
Makeup & Beauty Tips on How to Organize Your Blushes
Share your best tips and tricks for organizing your blushes! Share your best storage tips and how you keep everything within reach!
- I always separate out the blushes that I always reach for, and then I keep them within reach or separated out so I can quickly find them when I need a go-to.
- If you have 384972934 blushes, you’ll probably need to do more micro-organizing and sort by brand, then color, or formula, then color.
- I think the best way is to organize by color or by undertone – so corals together, plums together, or warm-toned, neutral-toned, and cool-toned. Think about how you choose what blush to pair with your look – are you looking for a color family, an undertone, a general lightness/darkness? Then I’d organize according to that.
Makeup & Beauty Tips on How to Organize Your Eyeshadows
Share your best tips and tricks for organizing your eyeshadows! Share your best storage tips and how you keep everything within reach!
- I keep palettes together, same brand or not (though Urban Decay has its own drawer, truth be told). I find that this makes it easier to grab a palette for travel or if I want to work within one.
- If you have a lot of eyeshadows from across brands, you might want to separate by brand first, then arrange in color groups or textures. I organize everything by brand, and I wish I had time to organize more by color or name, but alas, not so much!
- If you aren’t married to the packaging, you could try depotting many of your powder eyeshadows and putting them into a palette system to save space.
Makeup & Beauty Tips on How to Organize Lipsticks
Share your best tips and tricks for organizing your lipsticks! Share your best storage tips and how you keep everything within reach!
- I like to pull out 5-10 of my favorite shades at the moment (it changes often and definitely can vary by the season!) and keep them separated out for easy access or for lazy days when I just want a go-to.
- Depending on how many lipsticks you have, sorting by color makes it easy to find the right shade to pair with a look you’re creating. However…
- Organizing by brand usually means you can save space, as the same packaging always sits and slides together better than a bunch of varying-sized products.
Makeup & Beauty Tips on How to Keep Track of Your Stash
Share your best tips and tricks for keeping track of what you own! Share how you track what you’ve tried, bought, kept, love and hate, and how you prevent buying duplicates!
- I do have an inventory sheet that captures a specific moment in time, but it’s hard to keep it updated (for me). If I was starting over, I would definitely get spreadsheet-happy, though!
- Obviously, I’m going to take a second to promote the vanity feature on MyTemptalia that allows you to add products and shades you own to your vanity so you can keep track. We are definitely working on creating a “bulk add” feature to make this easier and faster for those who already have quite the stash–our to-do list is 40+ deep! (In the meanwhile, the best way for quickly adding a lot of products is to go through the Swatch Gallery and say filter by “MAC” and “Eyeshadows,” then adding a bunch of shades that way.)
- It’s unlikely that you’ll duplicate a new product, so I’m more likely to check my stash for something that I want to buy that’s permanent, so just having an organized stash makes this easier to locate.