As some of you may know, during my recent trip to NYC, Eve Pearl (award-winning makeup artist!) made me over! I was truly impressed by the quality of her products, and I’m definitely going to be doing some in-depth reviews of some products I found particularly amazing. For now, though, I wanted to give you a quick guide to my recommendations from her line because she’s having an amazing sale going on right now (and I wouldn’t want you to miss out on it because of my slow-to-review-self!). There’s nothing I’ve tried that I didn’t like, so I don’t have a skip-it section.
You can get 20% off Eve Pearl products by using code EP22332309!
- Salmon Concealer & Treatment ($35.00) — if you haven’t found your perfect concealer, try Eve’s. It’s using a different kind of color scheme (pink/peach) to hide your flaws compared to the more traditional concealers available.
- HD Dual Foundation ($54.00) — if you have ever had issues evening out your skin, get this! If you’ve found that foundations tend to accentuate any dryness or dry patches on your face, get this. I was suffering from acne breakouts/post-breakouts as well as a couple of dry patches (from using anti-acne treatments heavily), and this covered SO well without being heavy or noticeable.
- Priming Moisturizer ($28.00) — lightweight, emollient 2-in-1 moisturizer and primer product that *didn’t* break me out.
- Tri-Fold Eyebrow Razor ($8.00) — travel friendly and ultra compact, this is a great product to have on hand to quickly groom brows (or any pesky facial hair… hey, some of us have it, shh!).
- Baby Doll/Honey Bunny Lip Gloss Combo ($28.00) — double-ended gloss (and each section is removable for easy travel), but OMG, Honey Bunny is so pretty! It reminds me a lot of my famous Cle de Peau #2 Gloss. You know I gotta get any and all colors like it Her gloss is also mint-flavored, which I’ve never found in a gloss before.
- Blush Trio ($36.00) — three different shades, each compact features 2 matte colors and an illuminating bronzer.
- Eye Palette ($40.00) — four different palettes are available, each with six super smooth, pigmented colors.
- Smudgeproof Liquid Eyeliner ($26.00) — this is similar to MAC’s Penultimate Liner, but I like the brush tip/pen tip way better on this one (it’s easier to use, and it gives you more control).
- Kisses of Pearl Lip Gloss & Clutch Kit ($100.00) — hey, a deal? I can’t not bring it to your attention. All five of her lip glosses in a cute makeup clutch (which I have and love, very sleek!) for $20 a pop (instead of $28 each).
Thakoon | Diane Kendal
Inspiration: The collection took inspiration from the 1940’s, reflecting the surrealist images of photographer Lee Miller. Combined with a bit of 80’s rock and roll glam, makeup artist Diane Kendal created a strong look without being too girly.
Look: “The look is all about the eyes with soft matte lips for contrast,” said Diane Kendal. To bring strength to the face, Diane focused on creating smoky eyes and full brows, while downplaying the lips and keeping skin fresh with a light brushing of blush for a healthy glow.
Face: Use NARSskin Hydrating Moisture Cream to moisturize entire face. Apply NARS Concealer as needed, to cover any imperfections. Use a minimal amount of NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (NEW for Fall 2009). Lightly stroke NARS Blush in Gilda on the apples of the cheeks
Eyes: Use NARS Eyeliner Pencil in Mambo to line upper lashes and crease. Blend over entire lid and up to brows, keeping dense color by lashline. With Mambo, line lower lashes and gently blend. Use NARS Single Eyeshadow in Bali to fill in brows. Draw a very thin line on upper lashes with NARS Eyeliner Stylo in Black (NEW for Fall 2009). Curl lashes with NARS Eyelash Curler
Lips: Apply NARS Lip Therapy Treatment in Rain to entire lip. Lightly pat a small amount of NARS Concealer over Rain to take down color
See face chart… Continue reading →
Back in October, I blogged about BeautyFix, which is a company that sends out a bunch of products each quarter for your beauty addict needs. Each quarter will run you about $50, but the products you receive are often full-sized and the overall value is $400 each quarter. And if you didn’t know, I’m a BeautyFix panelist, which means I help try out and test products for upcoming BeautyFix samplings! Several other bloggers and recognized industry professionals all test and contribute their opinions to come up with a great mix of products for subscribers to receive.
Starting Monday, February 9th, ideeli will be offering full-year subscriptions for five lucky winners. ideeli is an invite-only shopping community that makes designer brands (like D&G, Oscar de La Renta, etc.) available at up to 90% off. It’s kind of like a sample sale, but online, so it’s much more accessible. With it being invite-only, I’m extending invites to all of you Now, let’s just hope we see some makeup go on sale, to match the pretty clothes!
SOO, a little late night browsing has led me to find that Nordstrom has MAC Hello Kitty Online. Just click on “what’s new” to see HK. The downside? It’s just on preorder.
For those of you who do not want to deal with the fiasco of Barbie Loves MAC in 2007… I fully suggest you march your butt over and preorder now. (Background: Barbie launched around 1AM EST and sold out within hours of going up; notifications didn’t hit email boxes until 10AM!) You can reserve what you want now, and you won’t have to worry so much about staying up all night waiting for Hello Kitty to go live on maccosmetics.com Nordstrom’s showing an expected ship date of February 10th, which is when it’s supposed to launch online.
I hope this helps some of you! And maybe ease your worries of what you want being sold out
Smashbox is offering $25 off orders of $100 or more, just use code SAVE25!
Cremeteam launches today in-store!
I’m getting mine from Nordstrom.com when they open, but while perusin’ Nordie’s this AM, I saw that all of the Cremesheen Glasses are $17.50!! I quickly double-backed (harhar) to maccosmetics.com, and sure enough, they’re listed at $18 a pop there. So ladies, take advantage of Nordstrom’s pricing to save yourself a lil’ bit of moolah. Plus, Nordstrom.com has a ship or pick up option, so you can avoid any shipping costs! For those who are ordering from MAC’s website, you can use code “CREMETEAM” to get free ground shipping.