NARS @ Thakoon
Chopinot & Gaultier’s Le Défilé. “I was inspired by the costumes used in this show and wanted to create a collection that reflected that same era but without the goth element,” said designer Thakoon Panichgul.
“The look is fresh, beautiful, luminous and quite confident,” said lead NARS artist Diane Kendal about the look. “We focused on a strong brow and highlighted the eyes to show depth and boldness in a way that wouldn’t fight with the various textures, layers and colors of the collection.”
Face: Douceur Blush (NEW for Fall 2010); try Lovejoy or Madly Blush for a similar effect
Eyes: Coconut Grove Single Eyeshadow (NEW for Fall 2010); try Bali Single Eyeshadow for a similar effect. Tzarine Duo Eyeshadow (NEW for Fall 2010); try the Orgasm Illuminator on brow bones for a similar effect. Portobello Duo Eyeshadow.
Lips: Tashkent Pure Matte Lipstick (NEW for Fall 2010); try Belle de Jour Velvet Matte Lip Pencil for a similar effect.
Maybelline @ Vivienne Tam
“Classic China Doll” was the beauty look at Vivienne Tam with a deep, luscious red lip complemented by a flawless, porcelain complexion.
Maybelline New York Global Makeup Artist, Charlotte Willer, went classic femme fatale by pairing deep cherry-bitten lips with bare cheeks. Eyes were accented in the corners with a shimmering light beige eyeshadow to evoke sexy screen siren. Natural brows created a pretty, “not-too-perfect” look. Charlotte first lined the lips precisely and then filled in the entire lip area in feathered strokes for a long-lasting, perfectly rich red result using Red Color Sensational Lip Liner.
Charlotte used the lightest shade of Copper Chic Eye Studio Eyeshadow Quad in the corner of the eye as a shimmery, feminine accent and focal point. For the face, a luminous finish and natural coverage from Mineral Powder Natural Perfecting Foundation paired perfectly with intense lips. Brows were defined with Define-a-Brow Eyebrow Pencil to create a natural looking brow.
MAC @ Preen
“The colours of the collection inspired the face — natural tones, with mauve, pinks, and lavender for a pretty, romantic yet futuristic look.” — James Kaliardos
- Eyes: Pink Freeze Eyeshadow brushed along the lower lash line. Quite Spoiled (Fall 2010) Eyeshadow softly applied to the crease of the eyelid. Beautiful Iris and Quite Spoiled layered and winged out horizontally from the outer corner of the eye.
- Face: Studio Moisturecover Concealer applied to the nose, eyelids, and under the eyes, for a satin finish. Blot Powder dabbed into the shine areas. Mineralize Skinfinish Natural brushed along the cheekbones and temples to contour the face.
- Lips: MAC Pink Cream Colour Base dabbed onto the center of the lip.
Stila / Sebastian Professional @ Betsey Johnson
Betsey Johnson’s Fall 2010 beauty look was inspired by the sexy, superstar actresses in the cowgirl “French” western film, Las Petroleras (1971). Betsey’s own gang of bad girls channel Brigitte Bardot’s lust for adventure, exhibiting unassuming sexiness that’s as captivating as it is liberating.
To get this look sexy 60’s look straight from the Betsey Johnson fashion show – apply eye shadow in Chinois all over your lids as a base. Use Espresso on your lids and crease and Ebony to line your upper and lower lash lines. Finish the look with your favorite mascara and Convertible Color in Gerbera on your lips and cheeks.
For a windblown, cowgirl look that’s playful and sexy, Sebastian Professional lead stylist Thomas Dunkin suggests the following steps: Generously spray Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray throughout damp hair for workable volume and texture. Blow dry hair and set it with medium and large-sized Velcro rollers for height and body. Once the hair has cooled, remove the rollers and lightly cover hair with Shaper Zero Gravity to create added texture and separation. Create authentic cowgirl flair by separating hair into two loose, tousled pigtails and decorate them with torn fabric or thin leather ties. Finish with Re-Shaper.
Frederic Fekkai @ Rachel Roy
Rachel Roy’s Fall/Winter 2010 Collection was inspired by ancient Egypt and all its opulence. Andre Rodman, lead stylist for Frédéric Fekkai sought to channel Cleopatra and her iconic stick straight bob.
To create this look, he first mixed the Fekkai Silky Straight Ironless Smooth Finish Serum and Fekkai Coiff Contrôle Ironless Straightening Balm and applied the product to the entire head thoroughly with his fingers. Then, Andre dried the hair straight using a large round brush sweeping the hair back so that there was no center part. He then drew back a piece of hair under each ear to create small hidden pony tail under the nape of the neck which added a bit of body to the crown of the head and added a bit of definition to the look. Andre finished the look with the Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray.
Aveda @ Christian Siriano
“The Jason Wu hair look for this season is all about charm—this is a look of romance and innocence. I took inspiration from Holly Hunter in the film, “The Piano.” – Odile Gilbert for Aveda
- Prep hair with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for light, workable hold.
- Working from bottom to top, curl hair in one-inch pieces with a medium barrel curling iron. Loop each curled piece around your finger and pin against the head to set the curl. Allow curls to cool, and then remove clips. Gently brush hair out.
- Separate a top section of hair—from the hairline to the crown—and pin it away to separate. Backcomb the remainder of hair and spray with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray to create ultra-volume. Brush backcombed hair through.
- Gather the left side of hair and pull tightly to the back of the head. Pin in place vertically, up the center line of the head, with bobby pins. Smooth hair against the head with fingers and spray with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray to minimize flyaways.
- Gather the right side of hair and pull tightly to the back of the head. Wrap hair inwards around your fingers to create a tornado-like twist. Pin in place and spray with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray for ultra-strong hold.
- Remove pins from the remaining front section of hair and backcomb to create volume. Spray with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray. Comb hair away from the face and pin to the top of the twist, creating wave-like volume at the crown of the head. Set the look with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray.