MAC @ Peter Som
“The look was uptown girl meets Woodstock, a shimmery golden eye to contradict the deep, dark purple lip.” – Tom Pecheux
- Eyes: Studio Sculpt Concealer – Applied over the eyelid. Set powder in invisible – Powdered over the eye area to set concealer. Pigment in with legal – Swept over the concealed eyelid from lash to brow and in the inner eye corner. Iridescent Powder in Silver Dusk – Lightly applied to the inner eye corner and under the brow bone. Studio Fix Lash – Applied to top and bottom lash.
- Face: Studio Sculpt SPF Foundation – Applied all over the face. Set Powder in Invisible – Brushed over the skin to set the foundation for a matte finish. Iridescent Powder in Silver Dusk – Lightly brushed on cheekbones.
- Lip: Lip Pencil in Currant – Lined around the natural shape of the mouth, for perfect lip definition. Lipstick in Kittenish – Applied all over lip with a MAC 242 brush. Mineralize Shadow Duo in my Dark Magic – Lightly applied over lipstick with fingertips.
MAC @ Doo.ri
“This season we wanted to push it up – creating dramatic colour with a glam-rock inspired lip.” – Tom Pecheux
- Eyes: Face and Body Foundation – Applied to the eyelids using fingertips MAC Pro Set Powder in Invisible – Brushed over the eyelid. After using Face and Body Foundation. Iridescent Powder in Silver Dusk – Lightly brushed all over eye area using a MAC 224 brush.
- Face: Face and Body Foundation – Applied to the face and neck using fingertips to give a matte, light coverage. MAC Pro Sculpting Powder in Shadowy – Lightly brushed below the cheekbone using a MAC 116 brush to contour the cheeks. MAC Pro Set Powder in Invisible – Lightly applied to the entire face to set.
- Lip: Lip Pencil in Cherry – Lined around the edges of the lip. Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo – Dabbed over the entire lip for full coverage. MAC Pro Glitter in Turquoise – Gently brushed over the entire lip with a wet brush. MAC Pro glitter in 3D Silver – Applied to the center of the lip.
Bobbi Brown @ Elie Tahari
Tahari’s Fall 2010 collection is all about texture, and the makeup is no exception. Skin is velvety, soft and natural, with a dusting of blush on cheeks. Bronze and gold shadows are layered on eyes, reflecting metallic hues from the collection. Icy, shimmering lips add the final touch of glamour.
- Skin: Hydrating Face Cream ($50), Hydrating Eye Cream ($45), Foundation Stick ($40), Creamy Concealer ($22), Corrector ($22)Eyes: Sandy Gold Long-Wear Cream Shadow ($22) and Chrome Eye Shadow in Gold on lower-lid, Bash Metallic Eye Shadow and Indigo Nights Metallic Eye Shadow as liner, Everything Mascara ($22)
- Cheeks: Pink Rose Blush (Fall ’10, Denim & Rose Face Palette $60)
- Lips: Ice Lilac Glitter Lip Gloss (Fall ’10, Denim & Rose Face Palette $60)
- Brows: Natural
AVEDA @ Odile Gilbert
“The Rodarte hair look for this season is sleek and shiny—at once free-flowing yet controlled. I was inspired by the idea of a modern, young girl who is strong and capable yet sweet and innocent. The look is young and dreamlike, with handmade metal flowers that make a statement.” –Odile Gilbert for Aveda
- Prep damp hair with Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Glossing Straightener for shine and sleekness, and blow-dry smooth with a flat brush.
- Create a clean left side part. Straighten hair layer by layer using a flat iron.
- Create anchors for the flower pins by forming three small braids along the scalp: one along the left side of the occipital ridge, one across the center of the head, and one vertically along the left side part. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray for maximum hold.
- Brush hair over the braids, keeping the left side part clean and strong. Spray each layer of hair with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray and blow-dry for intense hold and shine. Hair should be sleek and close to the head.
- Use small bobby pins to secure hair in a clean line from one side of the occipital ridge to the other, just above the nape of the neck. Let the ends of hair fall loosely in back and over both shoulders.
- Secure a selection of metal flower ornaments into the hair horizontally across the head, using the covered braids as anchors. Finish the look with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray.
MAC @ Diane Von Furstenberg
“The look was pulled from Studio 54: 70s winged eye, sexy, iridescent – like a goddess.” – James Kaliardos
- Eyes: MAC Pro Crème Liner in Black – Applied to the eye area, eyelid to brow bone. MAC Pro Pigment in Corn Flower – Brushed out from the inner eye corner on the lower lash line using a MAC 213 brush. MAC Pro Glitter in 3D Silver – Layered over the pigment in the inner corner of the eye. Zoom Lash Mascara in Zoomblack – Copiously applied to the lash. Eye Kohl in Smolder – To line the lower inner rim of the eye.
- Face: Studio Sculpt Foundation – Applied to the entire face, for natural yet flawless skin. Select Moisturecover Concealer – Applied where needed. Shading Powder in Sculpt and Lightsweep – Lightly brushed along the cheekbones and temple area. Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder – Swept across the skin to set the foundation for a matte face.
- Lip: MAC Pro Lip Erase in Dim – Applied to the lip.
MAC @ Herve Leger
“It’s all old-school glam: Sharp, sophisticated and strong to compliment the collection.” – Lisa Butler
- Eyes: Cream Colour base in Tint, Dusk (Pro Only) and Fawntastic – Applied to the inner brown corner where needed. Technakohl Eye Liner in Plank – Used to line the lower lash line.
- Face: Full Coverage Foundation and Strobe Cream – Blended together and applied to entire face for a sheer coverage.
- Lip: Lipstick in Lady Danger – Applied inside the natural lip line for an angular shape.