Earthy… weathered… how about five shades of stormy gray? Gray can be such a basic shade, but it can add a lot of dimension and depth, too, and sometimes it can look so modern and clean on its own.
- NARS Transvaal — can be used as an eyeliner or cream eyeshadow, it’s a medium-dark, creamy gray with neutral-cool undertones
- MAC Typographic — a classic, dark gray with a matte finish
- Illamasqua Raindrops — a smattering of silver flakes suspended in a bluish-gray
- Inglot #387 — a cool-toned, blue-tinted gray with a mostly matte finish
- Zoya Dove — a medium, warm-toned gray cream
What’s your current go-to gray shade?
I love weathered blues; which I interpret as blues that are dusty, muted, gray-tinged, stormy, and such. There’s just a faded quality to them, but there’s still depth and interest in the color. My very favorite of all-time is Urban Decay Strip, which was discontinued quite awhile ago.
- Urban Decay Shattered — a shimmering, muted blue with green and gold shimmer
- L’Oreal Infinite Sky — a gorgeous, glimmering stormy blue with a hint of gray
- Zoya Skylar — a muted, gray-tinged blue with gold sparkle
- Inglot #336 — slightly brightened and richer, but still a rather muted, navy blue with a matte finish
- Zoya Sunshine — a sparkling, muted navy blue polish
What’s your favorite shade of a weathered blue?
I love a good purple, but a good purple isn’t always easy to be found–especially in eyeliner or eyeshadow form, as they are often less pigmented, but these are all shades that are full of pigment!
- Illamasqua Jo’mina — a brightened, lavender purple with a cream finish for tips and toes
- Fyrinnae Parental Advisory — a rich, vibrant cool-toned purple with a frosted finish for eyes
- Milani Perfect Purple — a shimmery purple eyeliner that won’t let you down
- Make Up For Ever #92 — a bold purple with a matte finish — famous for a reason
- Zoya Suri — a metallic-shimmered violet purple for tips and toes