Zoya Awaken Collection for Spring 2014
Open your mind to the beauty of color discovery; the new, the unexplored, the excitement! Awaken by Zoya – Six new, full-coverage, dew-drenched creams and gold-kissed metallic nail polish colors for Spring 2014. Full of pure pigment, intense color and modern complexity that will take you far beyond the hazy, barely there hues of seasons past into a new world of chromatic joy.
- Dillon Green mint shimmer metallic
- Rebel Blue sky shimmer metallic
- Hudson Purple orchid shimmer metallic
- Dot Pink petal cream
- Cole Peach whisper cream
- Brooklyn White-gold shimmer metallic
- Monet Multi-color, cellophane holographic topper ($10.00)
Availability: January 2014
See more photos!
Now that 2014 has kicked off, and I’m sure you’ve heard that Pantone’s color of the year is Radiant Orchid. I know we’ll see plenty of new introductions of the color throughout the year, but I know that we’ve seen the color before–and you may already have some in your stash! Here are a few of my picks for wearing radiant orchid on your lips or your tips…
- NYX Castle Lipstick — a shimmering pink-lavender for under $5
- MAC Up the Amp Lipstick — a muted, magenta purple with a satin finish
- OCC Lydia Lip Tar — a matte pinky-plum
- Cult Nails Love at First Sight Nail Lacquer — a light-medium lavender pink cream
- Zoya Kieko Nail Lacquer — a medium-dark, warm-toned purple
What are your favorite orchid-hued lip colors and nail polishes?
I have to admit: this was a complete challenge. In fact, it felt unfair trying to narrow down favorites to a mere ten when I was considering around 300 different shades from the past year. As what tends to happen when I start to feel indecisive, I went for favorites across brands and weighted uniqueness slightly more heavily than other factors. But there were some really outstanding formulas released this year! At year-end, I have to give major props to Cult Nails and OCC, both of which had a lot of contenders.
- Cult Nails Masquerade Nail Lacquer — so, so multi-dimensional with its gold to rose gold to magenta to green coloring and micro-glitter
- Chanel Taboo Le Vernis — a striking, dazzling deep, dark purple that sparkles and catches light like crazy
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Petra (140) Enamored Hi-Shine Lacquer — a cool-toned, purplish-gray taupe with copper and bronze metallic shimmer
- Dior Diablotine (643) Vernis — something about this bold, warm-toned red and its flecks of sparkle captured my attention so, so fiercly this year
- OCC Black Metal Dahlia Nail Lacquer — it’s a ridiculous deep, dark metallic red with so much depth
- Illamasqua Facet Nail Varnish — taupe with flecks of copper and molten gold sparkle and shimmer–couldn’t even come close to duping this
- Cult Nails Faded Nail Lacquer — a flawless, pale cool-toned gray cream–so difficult to this well
- Color Club Beyond Nail Lacquer — a soft black with holographic shimmer (and all of the accompanying Color Club holographic shades were beyond fantastic, too)
- Urban Decay Zodiac Nail Color — I fell head-over-heels for this smoky, forest green with flecks of sparkle and shimmer
- Zoya Amy Nail Lacquer — a glowing–truly, it just felt like it was illuminated from within–reddish-orange with molten gold sparkle
What were your favorite polishes you tried this past year?
One of my favorite colors of all-time is emerald green. It has so much depth, and I love that it can be cooler or warmer and be so, so different.
- Zoya Logan — a very cool-toned, glittering emerald green polish
- Milani Green Safari — an amazing emerald green cream eyeshadow that can be used as eyeliner or as a base
- Illamasqua Violate — because I can’t have a list that doesn’t include an emerald green lip color
- Zoya Holly — vibrant, warm-toned emerald green
- Make Up For Ever #80 — a smoky, slightly blackened emerald green eyeshadow