YSL Spring Look Collection for Spring 2014
Whorls of petals. A rush of roses and peonies. A whirlwind of a thousand flowers envelops the Saint Laurent woman in a soft, feverishly sensual cloud. Flower Crush. Wondrous on her bed of rippling corollas, wrapped in daylight, she indulges in a game of sensuality and softness. And gives a glimpse of her most delicate persona to win the hearts over. A liberated, ultra contemporary femme fatale. She captures the essence of flowers and expresses herself in the infinite shades of their exquisite petals. An armful of roses, peonies, crocus, water hyacinths, iris, glorifies her eyes, nails and skin. Her lips seem to be crushing a blackberry or raspberry that tints them with delicious, ultra glossy colour. Sins of the flesh.
Face Collector Palette ($50.00) (Limited Edition)
Like a precious, stylized petal, the marbled motif of the Rosy Blush Palette entwines two shades of pink that play on contrasts between matte and iridescence. A blush and a highlighter, this nude pairing is perfect to highlight the cheeks, brighten the complexion and illuminate prominent and shadowy areas. The innovative creamy-powdery texture blends in leaving an infinitely satiny and subtle veil on the skin. Sinfully radiant.
- Rosy Blush Two shades of pink
Eye Collector Palette ($58.00) (Limited Edition)
Shadows, light, pure colours. Five Couture shades and endless possibilities to be the artist of your own eyes. Tones of fuchsia pink, coral and black cherry to colour and play with contrasts. A pearly champagne shade to highlight and give spring freshness.
- Pivone Crush Tones of fuchsia pink, coral, black cherry, champagne
Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils ($30.00)
- Captivating Purple (No. 22) Purple (Limited Edition)
La Laque Couture ($25.00)
- Rose Scabiosa (No. 48) Pink (Limited Edition)
- Rouge Pablo (No. 49) Red (New, Permanent)
Gloss Volupte ($34.00)
- Rose Fusion (No. 3) Dazzling coral (New, Permanent)
- Prune Organdi (No. 104) Dramatic black cherry (New, Permanent)
- Rose Ofevre (No. 19) Tender pink (New, Permanent)
- Terriblement Fuchsia (No. 49) Vibrant fuchsia (New, Permanent)
Rouge Volupte ($34.00)
- Fuchsia Storm (No. 31) Rose (New, Permanent)
- Jealous Coral (No. 32) Coral (New, Permanent)
- Pink Neillia (No. 33) Poppy (New, Permanent)
- Pink Asarina (No. 34) Red (New, Permanent)
Dessin du Regard Waterproof ($30.00)
- Intense Purple (No. 11) Purple (New, Permanent)
Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain ($34.00)
- Rouge Avant-Gardiste (No. 32) Red (New, Permanent)
- Bourgogne Artistique (No. 49) Purple (New, Permanent)
See more photos!
When it comes to lipgloss, I personally fall in love with two types: insanely pigmented, nearly opaque colors or glimmering, dazzling, sparkling, and shimmering ones–but they have to be loaded with sparkle (and yet, they can’t feel gritty!). Over the years, while stickiness isn’t a deal-breaker, I don’t like heavy, thick, goopy kind of glosses. Reflecting on glosses I’ve tested out this past year, here were the ones I picked for my top ten!
- Urban Decay Scandal Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color — part gloss, part lipstick, this was one of the most stunning shades of red I’ve worn–so beautiful on (you can get it individually from UD’s website only)
- Burberry Pink Sweet Pea Lip Glow — cool-toned, fuchsia pink with iridescent micro-shimmer and nearly opaque color coverage
- Chanel Reflexion (71) Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss — a medium, pink-coral with warm undertones and soft pink and copper shimmer
- Sephora Red Glow Metallic Glow Lustrous Lip Shine — a vibrant, metallic pinky-red
- YSL Orange de Chine (8) Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain — a vibrant, red-orange with a glossy shine
- OCC Androgyne Lip Tar Stained Gloss — a tangerine orange with a light glossy shine
- Burberry Cameo Pink Lip Glow — a warm pink with peach and copper shimmer
- Giorgio Armani #519 Flash Lip Lacquer — a warm-toned, medium-dark pink with a creamy, glossy finish
- YSL Fuchsia Fugitive (109) Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain — a molten gold-shimmered pink coral
- Giorgio Armani #701 Flash Lip Lacquer — this shade is just too cool not to love (particularly for layering)