Do you go bolder or subtler during the summer for your blush? I find it just depends on whether I’ve reached for brighter lip colors or not; if I go bright on the lips, I usually go quite light on the cheeks and vice versa. Here are some of my current recommendations if you’re in the market for a fun, pink-hued blush this summer:
- YSL Fuchsia Desinvolte (01) — a fuchsia pink that can be applied as a light stain or as a deep blush (bonus: works well on lips, too!0)
- theBalm Down Boy — a cool-toned, light-medium pink with a mostly matte finish
- Clinique Berry Pop (03) — cool-toned, raspberry pink with a luminous finish
- MAC Lovecloud — a light-medium, warm-toned pink
- Milani Bella Rosa (11) — a vibrant, pink-red with a matte finish
What are your favorites?
YSL 5 Color Couture Palette
5 Color Couture Palette ($60.00) (New, Permanent)
Offering 5 eye shadows in a single case. COUTURE PALETTE is presented in a signature gold case stamped with the iconic Cassandre logo which opens to reveal bold black Couture lines, perfectly proportioned graphic design features and high-impact color associations – all nods to the legendary “Mondrian” dresses created by Mr. Saint Laurent. Yves Saint Laurent revolutionized fashion by imposing color as an element of affirmation and sophistication. We have developed a concept building on this heritage: Eyes like a work of art: Art of colors, Art of combinations, A design as a piece of art.
- Tuxedo (01)
- Fauves (02)
- Afrique (03)
- Saharienne (04)
- Surrealiste (05)
- Rive Gauche (06)
- Parisienne (07)
- Avant Garde (08)
- Babay Doll Nude (09)
- Lumieres Majorelle (10)
- Ballets Russes (11)
See more photos!
Here are some of my personal recommendations for lip products to pick up while Sephora’s offering 15% off! Beauty Insiders use code TICKET, VIBs use code VIBTICKET, and Rouges use code ROUGETICKET. Feel free to share your recommendations for other readers to try!
- Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Creams (review) are really intensely pigmented liquid lipsticks. I’ve tried three shades and have loved all three! (Pictured: Moscato)
- Guerlain Rouge G (review) is my all-time favorite lipstick formula, and it’s by no means inexpensive, so a sale is a great time to indulge. Love shades like Gemma, Girly, Gisela, Genna, Garconne, Gigolo. (Pictured: Genna)
- YSL Glossy Stains (review) are glossy, pigmented, and long-wearing lip colors that come in a wide variety of shades. These are lovely for someone who likes a glossy lip but needs longer wear. (Pictured: Fuchsia Dore)
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick (review) is a pigmented, comfortable, hydrating, and moderately longer-wearing lipstick that comes in a good variety of shades from beige to plum. I really love shades like Anarchy, Naked, Streak, and Venom. (Pictured: Anarchy)
- Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lipgloss (review) is my go-to formula for sparkling, shimmery gloss with a high-shine, high-shimmer finish. I love shades like Canary, Naked Plum, and Plum Gold. (Pictured: Citrus)
- Too Faced La Creme (review) is an excellent formula if you love a lipstick with a very creamy, emollient texture, good color payoff, and hydration. (Pictured: Bon Bon)
- Givenchy Le Rouge (review) is one of my favorite formulas for its satiny finish, intense color payoff, and comfortable, hydrating, long-wear.
- Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick (review) is a richly pigmented, longer-wearing, comfortable formula that won’t break the bank! (Pictured: Menace)
- Marc Jacobs LoveMarc Lip Gel (review) is hydrating, emollient lipstick with a lot of shine and pigmentation. Some of my favorites are Showstopper and Seduce Me. (Pictured: Seduce Me)
- Jack Black Lip Balm (review) is a must-have for me at all times.