- Lord & Taylor — 30% off almost everything + 10% off cosmetics & fragrances with code FRIENDS, ends 12/15.
- MAC Cosmetics — Early access on 12/5 to MAC x Mariah Carey for Obsessed & Devoted members here, starts 12/05 and ends 12/07.
- Macy's — $10 off every $50 cosmetics & fragrance purchase, ends 12/08.
- Saks — Receive a gift card up to $700 on your purchase of $250+ with code DEC2016, ends 12/09.
YSL Vert d’Orient (36) La Laque Couture Nail Lacquer
YSL Vert d’Orient (36) La Laque Couture Nail Lacquer ($25.00 for 0.33 fl. oz.) is a green-leaning teal with a cream finish. Illamasqua Venuous is very similar–slightly lighter. China Glaze Exotic Encounters is darker. MAC Ocean Dip is greener, brighter. MAC Salad Dressed is lighter. MAC Screening Room is bluer.
Vert d’Orient was fully opaque after two coats of polish. The consistency wasn’t too thick or too thin, and the polish flowed fluidly across the nail without bubbling, streaking, or pooling along the edges. It dried down to a naturally shiny finish (but a top coat would really perfect the finish). I tested this particular shade during the past month, and it lasted seven days with very minor tip wear and no chipping.
Navy Blue Eyeliners: BB Black Navy, MUFE #8K, bareMinerals Noon,
D&G 8, EL Blackened Sapphire, MAC Marine Ultra, MAC Prussian, MAC Blooz
Navy Blue Eyeliners: Your Guide
I think navy blue might be the color I have the most shades for!
- Bobbi Brown Black Navy is a deep, dark navy that almost looks purple.
- Make Up For Ever #8K is a deep navy blue. It is a touch darker than Dolce & Gabbana #8.
- bareMinerals Noon is a blackened navy blue. (LE)
- Dolce & Gabbana #8 is a deep navy blue with a sheen. It is a bit lighter than MUFE #8K.
- Estee Lauder Blackened Sapphire is a rich, blackened navy blue with a matte finish. (LE)
- MAC Marine Ultra is a lighter, but a darker blue with more brightness than other shades here.
- MAC Prussian is a navy blue with a purple tinge and a soft sheen.
- MAC Blooz is a blackened navy blue with a hint of purple. It is very similar to Givenchy #14.
- Givenchy #14 is a blackened navy blue with a hint of purple. It is very similar to MAC Blooz.
- NARS Rue Saint-Honore is a dark navy blue with a soft sheen. It is a touch more intense compared to Dolce & Gabbana #8 and MUFE #8K.
- YSL Oriental Blue #3 is a rich, navy blue with a matte finish. It is a touch lighter than La Prairie Midnight Blue.
- Korres #9 is a teal-ish blue (looked navy blue in the pencil!). (DC)
- La Prairie Midnight Blue is a rich, navy blue with a matte finish. It is a bit darker than YSL Oriental Blue.
- Chanel Marine is a shimmering navy blue.
- Make Up For Ever #3L is a blackened navy blue with soft sparkle.
- MAC Fly-By-Blu is a lightened blue over a blackened navy base. (LE)
- MAC Petrol Blue is a dark navy blue with sparkle over a blackened blue base. This shade is similar to MUFE #8K and D&G #8.
- MAC Blue Stripe is a blackened navy blue with a subtle sheen. It is darker and less sparkly compared to MAC Petrol Blue, and a touch darker than MUFE #3L.
- Urban Decay Binge is a lightened navy blue with a hint of purple; it is a bit lighter than the other navy blues here.
- Tarina Tarantino Cute Robot is a rich navy blue over a blackened navy base. It is comparable to NARS Rue Saint-Honore and MAC Petrol Blue.
- MAC Sense of Style is a darkened, teal-blue with a black base. (LE)
- MAC Navy Stain is a navy blue with subtle sheen.
- MAC Hyacinth is a medium-dark blue with a matte finish. (LE)
- MAC Industrial is a lightened, medium blue with a brownish-black base. It is similar to MAC Fly-By-Blu, but it has a lighter base.
- Urban Decay LSD is medium blue sparkle over a blackened navy base. It is a bit like MAC Fly-By-Blu. (LE)
- Make Up For Ever #15L is a darkened cornflower blue with a barely-there sheen.
TEMPTALIA PICKS: #5 (pigmentation, texture), #17 (intensity), #20 (pigmentation, longevity), #26 (uniqueness, longevity)
Behind-the-Series: It was my intention to provide heavy, opaque swatches to provide an accurate color comparison. Some eyeliners required one pass, some required five, and a few even more. When possible, the shade name (above) is linked to the original review so you can read more about the quality, wear, etc. of a particular eyeliner. If we’ve never done a review, there will be no link. Shades that were limited edition will be marked with “(LE)” and shades that were discontinued will be marked with “(DC)” after the color description. You can also find all comparisons on The Dupe List.
What’s your favorite navy blue Eyeliner? How do you like to use it?
See more swatches & comparisons!
YSL Arty Stone Collection for Spring 2013
Pure Chromatics Eyeshadow Palette ($55.00)
- No. 14 Green, pink, purple, blue
Creme de Blush ($38.00)
- 07 Rose
- 08 Brown
- 09 Pink
Rouge Voluupte Sheer Candy ($30.00)
- Framboise Craquante (12) Pink
- Moka Griotte (13) Brown
Rouge Pur Couture ($)
- Peche Cerra-Cola (27) Peach
- Violine Surrealiste (26) Plum
- Fuchsia Busite (23) Burgundy
- Rose Forreau (29) Rosy brown
La Laque Couture ($25.00)
- Jade Imperial (34) Green
- Bronze Pyrite (35) Bronze
Availability: Now @ Nordstrom
See more photos!
Giorgio Armani Beauty & YSL 20% Off + Free Shipping!
Giorgio Armani Beauty: Enjoy the Preview Sale! Receive 20% off on any purchase, plus complimentary shipping with any purchase of $75 or more, with code PREVIEW12 at checkout, valid 11/18 through 11/22.
YSL: Enjoy the Preview Sale! Receive 20% off on any purchase with code PREVIEW12 at checkout, valid 11/18 through 11/22.
YSL 15% Off Cosmetics + Free Shipping Coupon Code
Receive 15% off plus complimentary shipping on any cosmetic purchase at YSL! Offer not valid on Fragrance or Skincare. Use code EXCLUSIVE at checkout. Offer valid 10.25 – 10.27.12.