2008: The make-up collections pay tribute to the couturier and celebrate thirty years of beauty, taking inspiration from the house’s legendary icons. The starring chapters for Autumn/Winter 2008/2009: the tuxedo and color.
The tuxedo. A diaphanous complexion. Deep, deep eyes – metallic and smoky. Shocking pink lips. A provocative, intriguing allure. With the divine brushstrokes of Val Garland, Artistic Adviser for YSL Make-Up, Coco Rocha personifies the Yves Saint Laurent woman – feline and mysterious.
BLACK OR WHITE
The tuxedo, a fashion icon of the Yves Saint Laurent universe created in 1966, is the standard of the masculine-feminine style. Emblematic of the collection, two limited edition palettes – for eyes and for the complexion – offer a free, graphic interpretation, between light and shadow.
New Ombres 5 Lumieres reinterpret the Yves Saint Laurent palette and take a monochrome stand to make an elegant, subtle color play with fashion. Four colors – dark, iridescent and satiny shades plus a highlighter – in each of the six compacts give eyes natural-looking or spectacular depth.
As the signature touch, the lips are inimitable in shocking pink. Autumn/Winter ’08/’09 introduces dark, spicy, fuchsia, ROUGE PURE SHINE N 31 Tuxedo Pink and the tamer ROUGE PUR N 141 Pink Satin.
With this collection, the following also make their debut:
- Blush Variation N 17 Silky Nude
- Everlong Mascara N 6 Ever Green
- Eyeliner Moire N 9 Emerald Reflections
- Fard A Levres Rouge Pur N 140 Purple Velvet
- Rouge PurE Shine N 30 Shimmering Pink
- Golden Gloss N 14 Golden Purple
- Golden Gloss N 15 Golden Berry
- La Laque N 35 Tuxedo Grey
- La Laque N 36 Rich Coffee
Availability on counter is September 1st, but product information will pop on www.yslbaeutyus.com in mid-August.
YSL SUMMER 2008 | THE LIGHTS OF AFRICA
For summer 2008, Yves Saint Laurent Make-up finds its source in the heart of Africa and takes inspiration from the favorite themes of its creator to celebrate its 30th anniversary year in sublime color. A call to all the senses and an invitation to sensuality, Africa, the land of adventures, finds all its power concentrated in a collection that combines seductiveness and exoticism. Val Garland, Yves Saint Laurent Make-Up Artistic Advisor, creates a masterfully controlled play of African lights for an indomitable woman.
The Yves Saint Laurent woman radiates a magnetic spell, holding a mysterious tribal jewel, SOLEIL D’AFRIQUE bronzing powder, as her secret beauty accessory.
NEW LIMITED EDITIONS
- SOLEIL D’AFRIQUE / Collector Powder For The Complexion $ 72.00
- VOILE DE SOLEIL / Tinted Veil Tan Booster $ 38.00 (N 1 Golden Veil, N 2 Copper Veil)
- PALETTE COULEURS D’AFRIQUE / For The Eyes $ 60.00
NEW BASIC PRODUCT
- EVERLONG MASCARA WATERPROOF / Lengthening Mascara $ 27.50 (N 1 Ever Black, N 2 Ever Brown, N 3 Ever Navy Blue, N 4 Ever Burgundy)
- NAIL TOUCH / Nail Lacquer Brush Pen $ 25.00 (N 1 Crystal Touch, N 2 Beige Touch, N 3 Pink Touch, N 4 Pearly Touch)
NEW BASIC SHADES
- TOUCHE BLUSH $ 42.00 (N 6 Sienna)
- TOUCHE BRILLANCE / Sparkling Touch for Lips $ 29.00 (N 14 Golden Sand, N 15 Truly Red)
- GLOSS REPULPANT / Shiny Lip Plumper SPF 10 $ 25.00 (N 4 Glossy Nude, N 5 Glossy Candy)
AND AS ALWAYS –
- TOUCHE ÉCLAT / Radiant Touch $ 40.00 (N 3 Light Peach)
On-Counter: June 2008
See more photos… Continue reading →
Ladies, let me tell you, YSL has truly created a remarkable spring collection (debuting February 2008). I had the opportunity to play and test out the Palette Pop, a face and cheek powder; Rouge Pure Shine lipstick in Pink Sorbet; and Pop Stick Blush (N2) in Strawberry/Raspberry. What did I love? Oh, what didn’t I love! Here are some swatches – top horizontal one is of Palette Pop, the bottom left is Pink Sorbet, and the bottom right is the Pop Stick Blush! (Psst, myfavorite is the Pop Stick Blush, I am swooning over it!)
Now, let us give you a detailed review of the three products we tried… Continue reading →
NEW SPRING LOOK 2008 | Spotlight on avant-garde romanticism
â€œI wanted a face for the woman I dress.” — Yves Saint Laurent
In 1978, Yves Saint Laurent created his line of make-up and sparked a sensation by adapting the bold, elegant, colours and visionary style of his clothes to the make-up universe. In 2008, to celebrate this 30th anniversary year in rich colour, Yves Saint Laurent Make-up will draw from the designer’s favourite themes and iconic creations with each successive season.
In this first tribute, the New Spring Look 2008 is inspired by one of the famous love greeting cards — the one from 1992 — sketched by Yves Saint Laurent and sent to his friends as an expression of affection. It is faithfully carried over to the PALETTE POP with its eminently wearable shades carrying a wave of freshness that is ideal in the spring sunlight.
In her usual flamboyant way, the Yves Saint Laurent woman reveals her romantic side, flirting with soft shades, luxuriating in fresh textures and naturally adopting ultra-contemporary, yet simple tips for application.
In a celebration of love and flowers, the New Spring Look 2008, interpreted by Val Garland, Artistic Advisor for Yves Saint Laurent Make-up, enhanced the model’s eyes with soft blue and green, a delicate and rosy complexion, and “embrace me”…lies the make-up look combines grace and sensuality in an effect that is totally today.
NEW LIMITED EDITIONS
- Palette Pop Collector Powder for Face & Cheeks ($60.00)
- Pop Stick Blush in N 1 Vanilla / Chocolate, N 2 Strawberry / Raspberry, N 3 Peach / Blackcurrant ($42.00)
- Eye Colour Touch Water-Resistant Eyeshadow in N 1 Golden Coral, N 2 Steel Blue, N 3 Golden Jade, N 4 Glazed Brown ($27.50)
NEW BASIC PRODUCT
- French Manicure / 2 Pens Kit ($42.00)
NEW BASIC SHADES
- Mascara Volume Infini Curl in N 6 Infinite Petrol-Blue ($27.50)
- Ombres Duolumieres in N 13 Golden Sand / Brown Earth, N 15 Shimmering Quartz / Deep Amethyst ($39.50)
- Fard a Levres Rouge Pur in N 138 Pink Orchid, N 139 Red Pomegranate ($29.00)
- Rouge Pure Shine Sheer Lipstick SPF 15 in N 28 Pink Sorbet, N 29 Frozen Mocha ($29.00)
- Golden Gloss in N 12 Golden Cinnamon, N 13 Golden Nude ($28.00)
Available this February 2008 on counters.
You know you want all the details AND photos… Continue reading →
Yves Saint Laurent | White Gold Celebration Palette ($67.00)
“What could be more wonderful for a woman than to wear a symbol of passion around her neck in the guise of a heart?” asked Yves Saint Laurent. An icon of his illustrious Couture house from the very first collection, a precious, asymmetrical pendant ornamented with rubies and diamonds became his good luck charm. At the presentation of each of his Couture collections, the heart always adorned his favorite model. On greeting cards, it expressed his fondness for people. As the ultimate tribute to this special symbol of love, the heart weaves its way through an elegant, festive make-up collection. Bearing the matte Cassandra and dressed in shiny silver, the entire collection celebrates love with dazzling refinement.
COMPLEXION | The Tender Rose blush adds a joyous hue to cheekbones. The Starry Rose highlighter sprinkles a festive radiance on the upper cheeks, beneath the eyebrows and on the middle of the lips.
- Tender Rose blush is the adorable heart-shaped pink on the right of the palette. It’s a lovely universal shade of medium pink that I think most women would love. It’s a satiny texture, easy to apply, and gorgeous all around.
- Starry Rose highlighter is the white-pink rectangle with “Yves Saint Laurent” emblazoned into it. It’s a great shimmery light pink shade that goes well on cheekbones.
EYES | The extremely soft, glide-on eye shadow unfurls a ribbon of color on the eyelids. With an optical smoothing effect, the Heavenly Beige, Magic Copper and Moonlit Burgundy shades emit exceptional radiance.
- Heavenly Beige is a lovely incredibly light tarnished gold color, it’s a nice all over lid color for a quick wash of color.
- Magic Copper is my favorite shade out of the three, because it’s a rich bronzy gold color.
- Moonlit Burgundy is a deep raspberry crimson color that goes on easily and would make a great crease or outer lid color.
LIPS | A mini palette of ROUGE PURE SHINE gives the lips renewed definition and volume while providing long-lasting comfort. It is offered in three luminous shades: Pure Garnet, Natural Beige and Bohemia Rose. Rich and creamy Simply Gold gloss can be applied alone or over one of the ROUGE PURE SHINE shades to intensify the shine with shimmering, sparkling gold reflections.
- Simply Gold gloss is a rich bright gold that goes on quite sheerly despite it looking so pigmented in the palette.
- Pure Garnet is a bold, vampy red–very holiday and dramatic.
- Natural Beige is a sheer beige lip color that goes on easily, but it doesn’t give you much color. It’s ideal for smoky eye looks.
- Bohemia Rose is a warm-toned medium pink with lots of gold undertones. I think it’s my favorite out of the three, because it’s so flattering on lips.
Find this holiday palette, along with several other YSL holiday offerings, at www.yslbeautyus.com.