Urban Decay Naked Palette @ Sephora Online!
Sephora has the Urban Decay Naked Palette in-stock! No clue how many they have, but I know that many of you have been scouring both the net and stores for it. I suggest Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm ($7.50) to get you to free shipping 😉 I hope our lovely readers are able to get theirs finally. Let us know if you do!
Looks like it sold out around 2-3PM PST! And it’s back again! Out!
But it looks like ULTA may have it in stock… Use code 53131 at checkout for free shipping on orders of $25+.
Urban Decay Spring 2011 – Now Available Online!
Head on over to Urban Decay if you’ve been wanting to shop their new products, which I reviewed here: 15th Anniversary 24/7 Eyeliner Set, Greed Primer Potion, 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencils, Afterglow Cheek Tints, and 24/7 Shadow Pencils (Part 2).
NARS Manon, UD Ransom, MAC Rich Purple, L’Oreal HIP Violet Volt, MUFE #11L, Tarina Tarantino Amethyst Android, UD Lust
Purple and Violet Eyeliner Comparisons & Dupes
Here is our last eyeliner comparison — blue-based purples!
- NARS Manon Eyeliner is a blue-based violet purple. There’s no shimmer, just pure purple. (Review)
- Urban Decay Ransom 24/7 Liner is an iridescent violet purple with a pinky undertone. (Review)
- MAC Rich Purple Chromagraphic Pencil is a dark, cool-toned purple (Review)
- L’Oreal HIP Violet Volt Chrome Eyeliner is a grayed purple with a metallic sheen. (Review
- Make Up For Ever #11L Aqua Eyes is a violet purple with a satin sheen. (Review)
- Tarina Tarantino Amethyst Android Hyperliner is a violet purple with a satin sheen. It is slightly bluer than Make Up For Ever #11L. (Review)
- Urban Decay Lust 24/7 Liner is a medium-dark, blue-based violet. It is bluer and darker than Make Up For Ever #11L. (Review)
DUPE ALERT! NARS Manon Eyeliner is a lighter version of MAC Rich Purple Chromagraphic Pencil.
DUPE ALERT! Makeup For Ever #11L Aqua Eyes is a slightly more purple (less blue) than Urban Decay’s Ransom 24/7 Liner–they are the closest in terms of color here, though.
Formula/Wear: NARS Eyeliner is the only one that I have any issues with based on my experience–it just smudges, migrates, and generally is a mess on me but many readers had positive experiences (and others who had similar experiences to mine), so I recommend reading the review for a fuller perspective. MAC’s Chromagraphic Pencil is one of the longest wearing pencils I’ve come across and incredibly pigmented, too.
Chanel Cassis, MUFE #6L, UD Crash, UD Rockstar, MUFE #4L, CoverGirl Violet Voltage, UD 1999, Guerlain Bohemian
Plum (Purple) Eyeliner Comparisons & Dupes
I split up purples into two, because I had a lot of plummy shades and then several more violet/blue-based purples, so I thought it was best to separate the two as they are similar to each other!
- Chanel Cassis Long Lasting Eyeliner is a dark plum with a near matte finish. (Review)
- Make Up For Ever #6L Aqua Eyes is a plummy purple with a cooler finish–less red than most plums have. (Review)
- Urban Decay Crash 24/7 Liner is a darkened plum-brown with a frosted sheen. (Review)
- Urban Decay Rockstar 24/7 Liner is a darkened plum-brown with a frosted sheen. (Review)
- Make Up For Ever #4L Aqua Eyes is a medium plum (Review)
- CoverGirl Violet Voltage Liquiline Blast is a red-toned plum with a near matte finish. (Review)
- Urban Decay 1999 24/7 Liner is a lightened red-tinged plum with gold shimmer. (Review)
- Guerlain Bohemian Stylo Yeux is a burgundy plum with a metallic sheen.
DUPE ALERT! Crash and Rockstar are surprisingly similar. Crash appears to be slightly brighter/plummier.
DUPE ALERT! Makeup For Ever #4L Aqua Eyes is a slightly lighter, sheerer version of CoverGirl’s Violet Voltage, which is really weird to say. The CoverGirl one does require layering though, but it comes together a little better in the end–also seems more matte.
Formula/Wear: CoverGirl Liquiline Blast is the only one that I have any issues with based on my experience. CoverGirl just requires more layering, as it is not as pigmented as the other shades here. I have not tested Guerlain Eyeliners in full, so I cannot comment on wear.
Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Pencils: Illegal, Midnight Cowboy
Urban Decay Spring 2011: Lip Pencils
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencils ($17.00 for 0.04 oz.) is releasing two new shades for spring: Illegal (barely-there rosy nude) and Midnight Cowboy (deep nude). The information I have indicates that these will retail for $18, but the other Lip Pencils are currently available for $17, which makes me think this is a price increase going forward starting in January.
- Illegal is a medium-dark rosy brown. It’s nude, but it’s not really what I think of nude (which tends to be a paler beige). It is, however, a shade that will flatter most natural lip colors, especially those with some pink.
- Midnight Cowboy is a medium-dark brown with a hint of mauve. Similar, this is a good shade for an allover lip color base. It would also work to darker your favorite beige lipstick or neutralize some of your other ones.
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencils are really creamy, glide on like a dream, and wear well. They are some of the more comfortable lip pencils to use, because they don’t tug at all.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 29/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: If you are looking for a nice lip liner that will neutralize or even out your natural lip color, I think both of these will work nicely.
AVAILABILITY: January 2011 at urbandecay.com, February 2011 at Beauty.com, Macy’s, Sephora, and ULTA
Givenchy #14, MAC Prussian, Dolce & Gabbana #8, YSL #03, MUFE #3L, MAC Marine Ultra, UD Binge, Chanel Marine, tokidoki Skeletro, MUFE #15L
Dark/Navy Blue Eyeliner Comparisions & Dupes
As promised, here are navy blue pencil eyeliner comparisons!
- Givenchy #14 Magic Khol is a sheer violet-toned navy blue.
- MAC Prussian Powerpoint Eye Pencil is a darkened blue with a subtle violet edge.
- Dolce & Gabbana #8 Eyeliner is a navy blue with satin sheen. (Review)
- YSL Oriental Blue (03) Eyeliner is a medium-dark, brightened navy blue with a creamy finish. (Review)
- Make Up For Ever #3L Aqua Eyes is a navy blue with satin sheen. (Review)
- MAC Marine Ultra Chromagraphic Pencil is a medium-dark ocean blue with a creamy finish. (Review)
- Urban Decay Binge 24/7 Liner is a darkened navy blue with purple tinge. (Review)
- Chanel Marine Long-Lasting Eyeliner is a deep navy blue with a black-blue base and silver shimmer. (Review)
- tokidoki Skeletro Glitter Eyeliner is a deep navy blue with a black-blue base and silver glitter. (Review)
- Make Up For Ever #15L Aqua Eyes is a lightened dark blue with soft sheen. (Review)
DUPE ALERT! It appears that Dolce & Gabbana #8 Eyeliner and Make Up For Ever #3L Aqua Eyes are rather similar — possibly just the slightest difference in blue-ness.
DUPE ALERT!Both Chanel Marine Long-Lasting Eyeliner and tokidoki Skeletro Glitter Eyeliner are not far behind, just slightly darker and with a stronger blacker base, but the two themselves are quite similar. Skeletro has more glitter (whereas Marine has shimmer).
Formula/Wear: I have not tested Givenchy Magic Khol, so I cannot attest to its wear. YSL Eyeliners don’t seem to last all day on me, and Dolce & Gabbana can be hit or miss, but this particular shade lasted through a yoga session (and all day). tokidoki’s Glitter Eyeliners can be scratchy on the lash line because of the size of the glitter particles but wear fine otherwise.