Urban Decay Pulp Fiction Makeup Look
Here’s a sneak peek of the upcoming Urban Decay x Pulp Fiction collaboration! 🙂 Stay tuned for full photos, swatches, reviews, and all that good stuff!
For the eyes, I used the new, limited edition Urban Decay Pulp Fiction Eyeshadow Palette. I applied Righteous eyeshadow on the inner two-thirds of the lid, and then I blended Tyranny on the outer third and towards the middle of the lid. I darkened the crease with Vengeance with a larger, fluffier crease brush, and then I defined further by applying Anger with a smaller, more precise crease brush. On the brow bone, I mixed Righteous and Tyranny to blend from the darker crease color towards the brow bone. I lightly highlighted the brow bone with Furious. I used Urban Decay’s Perversion 24/7 Eyeliner on the lower lash line and water line.
I began by applying Giorgio Armani Maestro (5.5) Liquid Foundation, then set with Urban Decay Naked Loose Finishing Powder. I patted on Laura Mercier Sensual Reflections Cheek Melange as a more defining/contouring blush (so it is applied a bit lower than a normal blush).
Lips & Nails
I used Urban Decay Mrs. Mia Wallace Lip Pencil on the outer edges of the lip as a liner (but didn’t fill in the lips entirely), and then I applied Urban Decay Mrs. Mia Wallace Revolution Lipstick all over the lips. I applied two coats of Urban Decay Mrs. Mia Wallace Nail Color on nails.
See more photos & swatches!
Urban Decay x Pulp Fiction Collection for Fall 2014
Debuting July 16th, Urban Decay has created a limited edition collection of products inspired by Pulp Fiction.
Products (All Limited Edition)
- Pulp Fiction Palette Includes Righteous, Tyranny, Vengeance, Furious/Anger ($34.00)
- Mrs. Mia Wallace Revolution Lipstick Deep blood red ($22.00)
- Mrs. Mia Wallace 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil Blood red ($20.00)
- Mrs. Mia Wallace Nail Color Deep red with slight shimmer ($15.00)
- Gunmetal Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner Black with black and silver sparkle ($19.00)
Availability: July 16th, 2014 at urbandecay.com; will also be available at Sephora, ULTA, Macy’s, and beauty.com (no specific date given for other retailers)
Reader Ammara requested a top five for berry-hued lip colors for summer, so here are my top picks! 🙂 I’d love to hear yours — please share your recommendations in the comments.
- Guerlain Gladys — a brightened, fuchsia-berry
- Burberry Bright Poppy — a rich, reddish-berry with a matte finish
- YSL Forbidden Burgundy — a glossy berry
- Too Faced So Berry Sexy — a slightly brightened pink-berry with a soft shine
- Urban Decay Rapture — a warmer, muted plum
I love colorful eyeshadows, and there have been some interesting palettes that have released over the years! If you’re in the market for something that’s not just neutrals, you may want to check out some of these. Too Faced Pretty Rebel and Marc Jacobs Beauty The Siren both deserve honorable mentions; two of my favorites, but they are limited edition. I try to make these lists stand the test of time and avoid limited edition inclusions, but at this moment, both palettes are still available for purchase if they interest you. For now 🙂
- Sugarpill Cold Chemistry — a set of four, cool-toned shades
- bareMinerals The Elements — beige, orange, green, and blue for a particularly unique color combination
- Urban Decay Electric — for bold, bright near-neons
- Tarina Tarantino Fantastical — if you love purple, this one’s for you
- Sleek Sunset — bright golds, yellows, and coppers