Urban Decay Launches for Holiday 2013
24/7 Glide-On Double-Ended Eye Pencil ($16.00)
When we first introduced our original Naked palette, we created a Double-Ended Eye Pencil to go with it. Eventually, we loaded the palette with a brush instead, but people BEGGED us to sell the pencil on its own. It’s been so popular that we’re launching that original duo (Zero/Whiskey) as a regular part of our line AND adding three new color combos—one for each of our other Naked palettes. Looking for the perfect eye pencils to pair with all those gorgeous neutrals in our Naked palettes? You’re in luck. Urban Decay launches FOUR Naked 24/7 Glide-On Double-Ended Eye Pencils. Designed to pair perfectly with our Naked palettes, these pencils are the ideal go-to to complete any Naked eye look. Each pencil includes two versatile liner shades inspired by its namesake palette. Three of the eight shades in the lineup are all-time bestsellers, and the other five are NEW and exclusive!
- Zero + Whiskey Zealous black cream + rich brown matte coordinates with Naked
- Perversion + Pistol Blackest-black matte + light gray-brown shimmer coordinates with Naked2
- Blackheart + Darkside Smoky black matte with rosy red micro-glitter + purple-taupe satin coordinates with Naked3
- Crave + Venus Deepest, darkest brown-black matte + soft, off-white shimmer coordinates with Naked Basics
Nail Color ($15.00) (Limited Edition)
- Blackheart Smoky greige with red and multicolored shimmer
- Zodiac Smoky green with gold, green and blue 3-D micro-glitter
See more photos!
I’m a long-time fan of Urban Decay, and so I’m sure none of these will come as a surprise from me!
- Eyeshadow — soft, buttery, pigmented, and silky-smooth–that’s the formula overall! The only ones I’m not keen on are the ones with micro-glitter.
- 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil — one of the most comfortable lip liners on the market and has a large shade range
- Revolution Lipstick — richly pigmented, hydrating, comfortable to wear lip color
- 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils — a favorite for years, I love the variety, consistency, and long-wear–now if only they’d bring back Honey
- Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color — rich, decadent lip color with a glossy finish; Scandal is a must-have
What are your favorite Urban Decay products?
Urban Decay Naked, Naked2, Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette Comparisons
This post features comparison swatches of the new Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette against the previous two (Naked and Naked2) eyeshadow palettes. I had also pulled Naked Basics out for possible comparisons, but nothing in that palette was comparable to shades in Naked3.
You can find my full review of Naked 3 here.
- Strange is more matte than both Virgin (N1) and Bootycall (N2); Bootycall (N2) is also more orange/peachy.
- Dust is pinker, lighter, and less beige compared to Sin (N1).
- Burnout wasn’t comparable to any previous shades in the Naked palettes.
- Limit is much pinker and less brown compared to Tease (N2).
- Buzz wasn’t comparable to any previous shades in the Naked palettes.
- Trick has a redder tone compared to Chopper (N2) and is redder in tone as well as warmer, lighter than Toasted (N1).
- Nooner is darker, more mauve/pink compared to Tease (N2).
- Liar is cooler-toned, more taupe-like compared against Toasted (N1).
- Factory is significantly lighter than both Hustle (N1) and Busted (N2).
- Mugshot is darker, not as red-toned and more frosted than Toasted (N1) and darker than Sidecar (N1) and YDK (N2).
- Darkside isn’t comparable to either Hustle (N1) or Busted (N2).
- Blackheart wasn’t comparable to any previous shades in the Naked palettes.
See more photos & swatches!
Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette
We’ve spent a LOT of time getting Naked the past few years. We’ve done bronzy and taupey neutrals, but we realized there was a whole spectrum of gorgeous, flushed pinks we hadn’t explored yet. Rose-based hues look great on every skin tone. With 12 new shades, it’s hard to choose favorites, but we predict that Buzz (the pinkest of all the shades) will be a fan favorite. We’re also partial to Nooner (a stunning pinky-brown matte) and Dust (a pale metallic pink shimmer with amazing iridescent glitter), which can be worn on the lids or used as a highlighter. And for an edgy, smoky liner, there’s the aptly named Blackheart—a super dimensional black matte flecked with red glitter.
Our Naked palette revolutionized neutrals forever—and went on to become one of the best-selling palettes EVER. When fans demanded more, Naked2 delivered. Even now, three years after the frenzy first started, the requests for “MORE Naked palettes!” keep coming. Finally, the wait is over. Urban Decay launches Naked3, featuring 12 TOTALLY NEW (and insanely beautiful!) rose-hued neutrals. Our previous Naked palettes have always included new shades, but this is the first time we’ve done a Naked palette with 12 never-before-seen shades that aren’t available anywhere else. Choose from every finish imaginable: ultra-smooth mattes, gorgeous pearls and glimmering metallics. From the palest, shimmery pink to deep, warm black, these neutrals will make you want to get Naked all over again.
Naked3 comes in an art-school-inspired tin case (reminiscent of the Naked2 palette)—in a gorgeous rose-gold color that hints at the shades inside. Embossed on top with a big “Naked3” and cool facets that beg to be touched, this case is sure to inspire lots of jealous stares. Each Eyeshadow features our Pigment Infusion System™, the proprietary blend of ingredients that gives every shade its velvety texture, rich color, serious staying power and blendability.
Naked3 also includes a NEW double-ended Good Karma Shadow and Blending Brush AND an Eyeshadow Primer Potion sampler with resealable samples of all four formulas (original, Sin, Eden and NEW anti-aging). Each sample holds about a week’s worth of primer!
- Strange Pale neutral pink matte-satin
- Dust Pale metallic pink shimmer with iridescent micro-glitter
- Burnout Light pinky-peach satin
- Limit Light dusty rose matte
- Buzz Metallic rose shimmer with silver micro-glitter
- Trick Light metallic pinky-copper shimmer with tonal micro-sparkle
- Nooner Medium pinky-brown matte
- Liar Medium metallic mauve shimmer
- Factory Pinky-brown satin
- Mugshot Metallic taupe shimmer with slight pink shift
- Darkside Deep taupe-mauve satin
- Blackheart Smoky black matte with rosy red micro-sparkle
See more photos!
I will have more details to share with you soon! For now, Urban Decay is teasing us with the video above, but they are confirming it!