Here’s a quick look at the upcoming Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Blush Palette ($45.00 for 0.54 oz.) that releases on January 12th on urbandecay.com (it will be available at other retailers later this spring, but I don’t have an exact date). It’s a large palette and contains a fair amount of product. If you’re familiar with the eyeshadow palette, the packaging is quite similar. The blush formula is the current powder formulation they have in their permanent range (Afterglow) with shades that range from pink to berry to gold and finishes that range from satin to frost. I’m working on getting images ready for the lipsticks and lip pencils next, and I am trying to test and review as much prior to the launch date as possible, but I do not expect to finish testing the lip pencils in time (my apologies — there just aren’t enough hours between now and the launch date to wear them all).
See more photos & swatches!
Urban Decay XX Vice LTD Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette for Spring 2016
This ultra limited-edition collection features 20 addictive shades of Eyeshadow that span Urban Decay’s entire 20-year history. From vintage shades that go WAY back (like Gash, Acid Rain and UV-B) to must-haves from UD’s current collection, it’s all here. There are even a few new shades and several cult favorites from past palettes.
With a carefully crafted mix of new shades and old favorites, Vice Ltd Reloaded is the perfect representation of 20 years of UD. Experiment with color, go for a little smoke or play it neutral. UD included three totally NEW shades, five vintage shades, five exclusives from past palettes (like Vice, Vice Ltd and Book of Shadows Vol II), and seven bestsellers from their collection of singles. The kind of palette anybody can use, UD XX Vice Ltd Reloaded offers something for everyone. And this is the first time several of these shades have been available in UD’s revamped shadow formula!
Early access today (supposed to be for Platinum users); full release January 24th
XX Vice LTD Reloaded, $56.00 (Limited Edition, Ulta Exclusive)
- Suspend Greige-brown matte
- Oil Slick Black matte with silver micro-glitter
- Roadstripe Iridescent white with blue-violet shift
- Gash Metallic brick red
- Midnight Cowboy Pink champagne shimmer with silver glitter
- 501 Deep metallic blue with copper micro-glitter
- Shallow Pale taupe-silver satin
- Laced Pinky-taupe matte
- Hot Pants Pearly medium pink
- Mildew Deep metallic green shimmer
- Smog Deep coppery bronze shimmer
- Misdemeanor Deep olive green matte with green micro-shimmer
- Freakshow Bright purple satin
- Asphyxia Hyacinth shimmer with blue shift
- Acid Rain Pale yellow-green shimmer with green shift
- Moonflower Metallic rose-gold with gold micro-shimmer
- UV-B Bright blue with violet shift
- Goldmine Bright metallic gold
- Twice Baked Rich brown satin with gold micro-glitter
- Anonymous Pale peachy cream matte
Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Collection for Spring 2016
We developed everything in the limited-edition UD | Gwen Stefani collection in close collaboration with Gwen. Wende and our product development team spent countless hours at Gwen’s house, talking makeup and working with her on every detail of the collection.
Gwen even directed the packaging design, which was inspired by her love of black-and-white graphic prints and antique gold accents. We created everything with Gwen, filling a void by developing all of the perfect shades she always wished she had in her collection. And with these products in your arsenal, you’ll have all the essentials to recreate her signature looks for yourself.
January 12th at urbandecay.com, at other retailers late January/February
Gwen Stefani Blush Palette, $45.00 (Limited Edition)
Gwen let us in on her best tricks (she’s big on defining and highlighting), and together we created her perfect blush palette. Get her glowing, contoured skin with six shades of blush, bronzer and highlighter that are versatile enough for any skin tone. Our extremely blendable, finely milled Afterglow formula goes on sheer and provides eight long hours of wearable, streak-free color. Luxurious and lightweight, it has a soft, creamy texture that always applies beautifully and feels amazing.
- Cherry Light pink satin
- Easy Deep rose with gold shimmer
- Angel Champagne-nude shimmer
- Lo-Fi Soft bronze matte
- Hush Medium pink with gold shimmer
- OC Soft pink with peach shift
Lipstick, $18.00 (Limited Edition)
Gwen knows how to rock a bold lip. Luckily, she was game to get down and dirty with us to mix her perfect shades and ideal textures. She’s worn every lip color in the book, and these are her must-haves. The lineup: eight NEW shades (including two exclusives you can only find here)—from a bright red matte to a shimmering sheer nude and a creamy deep fuchsia. This collection includes our first-ever shade in a finish we’ve dubbed Mega Matte—a super-intense matte that lays down a lot of color in one coat. Every shade features our proprietary Pigment Infusion System™—for a super-creamy texture, rich payout and superior color dispersion.
- Ex Girlfriend Sheer nude-rose with pink shimmer
- Firebird Deep fuchsia cream
- 714 Bright red mega matte
- Rock Steady Deep wine red cream
- Spiderweb Satin red cream
- Wonderland Dark pink-red cream
- Phone Call Sheer bright pink (UrbanDecay.com Exclusive)
- Plaid Sheer deep berry (UrbanDecay.com Exclusive)
24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil, $20.00 (Limited Edition)
On the stage and in the limelight, Gwen’s lip color needs to last. This creamy, waterproof lip pencil (in a range of shades that match her limited-edition Lipsticks) lines and primes to help her lipstick stay put. Our bestselling 24/7 formula applies smoothly, prevents feathering and lasts all day. Draw lines that define, then fill in your lips to help prime them for lipstick or gloss. Vitamin E, jojoba oil and cottonseed oil nourish the skin and ensure a smooth application.
- Ex-Girlfriend Nude rose
- Firebird Deep fuchsia-pink
- 714 Classic red
- Rock Steady Blood red
- Wonderland Dark pink-red
- Phone Call Bright pink (UrbanDecay.com Exclusive)
Gwen Stefani Brow Box, $30.00 (Limited Edition)
With a camera always nearby, Gwen’s brows need to be on point at all times. She curated this Brow Box, which contains all the tools she needs for perfect arches. We packed this palm-size kit with two super-versatile brow powder shades (created just for Gwen), mini tweezers to eradicate strays, two mini angled brushes to shade and sculpt, two mirrors (one magnifies so you won’t miss a single stray), and wax to set. The two ultra-fine, silky powder shades in Bathwater Blonde (dark blonde/light blonde) are versatile enough for a range of blonde and brunette tones. The top tier of the case holds the powders and wax, and the bottom tier holds all the tools (designed in gold and black to match the case).
Introduction to Urban Decay
I’m new to this brand. Where should I start?
What would you recommend to someone just trying Urban Decay for the first time?
We may call it rouge, but there are far less red-hued blushes on the marketplace, though luckily, we have some and many of the permanent ones are fantastic. Here are three warmer and three cooler takes on red blush. When working with deeper or more richly pigmented shades, my best tip is to use a fan brush, which will allow you to build up the color and intensity slowly and easily. Also, it’s nice to have a buffing brush on hand, or if you use liquid foundation, use the residual product left on the brush to tamp down over-applied blush.
- Clinique Cola Pop — A Warm Red with a Luminous finish.
- NARS Taos — A Warm Red with a Pearl finish.
- Kevyn Aucoin Fira — A Warm Orange with a Satin finish.
- Surratt Beauty Rougeur — A Cool Red with a Satin finish.
- MAC Frankly Scarlet — A Warm Red with a Semi-Matte finish.
- Urban Decay Quiver — A Cool Red with a Satin finish.