This post is inspired by today being National Wear Teal Day, which is a day to help raise awareness for ovarian cancer, and it was brought to my attention particularly by Laura Mercier. The brand has a history of raising awareness and supporting women with ovarian cancer through the Laura Mercier Ovarian Cancer Fund as well as on the cosmetic side, the brand also donates 100% of the profits of three of their products towards the cause.
I, of course, need little push to wear teal, as it is one of my favorite colors, but today, teal has more meaning. Ovarian cancer is the fifth leading cause of cancer-related death among women (per Ovarian Cancer National Alliance, which has a great infographic here) and only 15% of cases are detected early, which is a key reason for raising awareness, particularly of potential symptoms and risk factors. You can learn more about early detection here.
Here are my five favorites right now:
- Urban Decay Deep End — a bluish-teal with a frosted finish
- Zoya Giovanna — a shimmering teal with a slight green tint
- Fyrinnae Gender Bent — a brightened teal with a soft pearl finish
- Illamasqua Apocalips — to really make a statement, a matte teal lipstick
- Inglot #338 — a deep, blue-teal with a matte finish
What’s your favorite teal?
September is the beginning of all things autumn for me. The temperatures have already started to cool down by me, though it’s still warm overall, the nights are cooling down. I’ve always been partial to September, as I am a September baby Usually, the real start of fall begins with my first sip of Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte, but they already brought it back (and it was delicious!). By this point, I’ve typically reviewed several fall color collections, which is perfect timing so I can include some of those favorites while they can still be purchased. This month’s Tempting 10 features more recently released shades from the fall collections, but I still wanted to highlight a few favorites that you can find all year-long.
- Dior Millenium — a shimmering warm-toned, pewter in a cream formula that can be used as a sheer wash or built up for more intensity.
- Sugarpill Cold Chemistry Palette — it is such a perfect mix of deep, smoky shades for fall with excellent color payoff across the board.
- Color Club Beyond — a deep, warm, smoky gray-black with holographic shimmer–like ash from a crackling fireplace with dancing, fiery bits of shimmer.
- Urban Decay Vice — a rich, plummy purple polish with a soft, shimmering pearl.
- Milani Purr-fect Purple — a vibrant, rich purple eyeshadow with shimmer–perfect for accenting the eye!
- Tom Ford Love Lust — it’s a warmer, more muted coral, so it’s a lovely transition shade from summer to fall
- Guerlain Madame Batifole — creamy, hydrating, incredibly pigmented, and long-wearing makes this a rich, fuchsia-shimmered berry-red a true joy to wear.
- Tom Ford She-Wolf — it’s pricey, but not only is it a palette I could easily see myself reaching for time and time again, it was a palette that readers gravitated towards. It was easily one of the most viewed products from all fall color collections!
- Benefit Rockateur — a rose gold blush is subtle, wears well, and reminds me of the colors of autumn; rusty in a way, but still warm and inviting.
- Too Faced Pretty Rebel Palette — ten glorious shades of bold, bright, eye-catching shadows with buttery, soft, and smooth textures and excellent color payoff.
I hope you’ll consider sharing your must-haves for September in the comments! Here’s a quickie list to get you started…
Must-Have Eye Products:
Must-Have Cheek/Face Products:
Must-Have Lip Products:
Must-Have Hair/Skin Products:
Reader Janisse made a request to see top picks for crease colors, and I couldn’t narrow it down to five across all colors, so I thought I’d start off with five browns!
- Urban Decay Secret Service — matte, medium-dark brown with a slight gray tint
- MAC Omega — light-medium brown with gray
- MAC Charcoal Brown is a dark brown with slight red tones
- Inglot #363 — dark brown with red tones
- Inglot #337 — medium brown with warm undertones
What’s your favorite brown eyeshadow to use in the crease?
From blushes to lipsticks, I have my personal five favorites for fall lip color! This idea is courtesy of readers Maribel, Sara, Shahnaz, Camille, and Rebecca, who all wanted to see some great shades for autumn. As always, I look forward to hearing about your top five!
- NARS Train Bleu — matte, purple berry
- Burberry Bright Plum — bright, bold berry-pink
- MAC Endless Drama — deep red
- Buxom Runaway — rusty plum
- Urban Decay Venom — shimmering berry
What are your top five fall lip colors?
These are my very, very favorite lipstick formulas (in no particular order!) at the moment.
- Givenchy Le Rouge — smooth, rich color; long-wearing, hydrating
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick — long-wearing, pigmented, comfortable to wear
- Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids Lip Color — richly pigmented, luminous, long-wearing
- Buxom Full-Bodied Lipstick — luminous, smooth color, long-wearing, hydrating
- Guerlain Rouge G — luminous, pigmented, long-wearing, hydrating
What’s your favorite lipstick formula?