Tarte Light of the Party Makeup Palette
Tarte Light of the Party Makeup Palette ($59.00 for 1.41 oz.) includes thirty eyeshadows, three cheek products, and a travel-sized mascara housed in a medium-large-sized zippered case with sequins on the exterior lid. There is a smaller palette that pops out that contains the three cheek products and six eyeshadows, which is simple cardboard packaging and when removed, reveals the mirror inside. The case is relatively heavy, so the mirror never stays open at an angle, which limits some of its functionality (without propping it up against a wall or the like). Full review to come!
For those keeping track of value…
It’s harder to assess value with a brand like Tarte, as the majority of their eyeshadow releases are in palettes. That being said, I looked at three ways to calculate total value of the eyeshadows: 1) their current and permanent Tartelette palette, which brings the price per ounce to $69.18, 2) the price per ounce of their eyeshadow refills, which brings price per ounce to $83.33, and 3) the price per ounce of their Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow Quads, which brings price per ounce to $110.00. As far as I can tell, they don’t sell their highlighters as standalone products, so I went with the price per ounce of their blush formula. Tarte sets are large and almost always around the $50-ish range, and they are a good value, but I’m not sure what price per ounce they’re using to get to $394 value. As a consumer, given that Tarte mostly releases in palettes, the “value” is softer since you’re almost always getting more for your money than if you bought singles (which aren’t really available from Tarte). There is certainly some value associated with the dual-ended, travel-sized brush and the case itself, but the two aren’t $200+ in value either.
- Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow | 30 x 0.024 oz. or 0.72 oz. in total = $49.81 (using Tartelette palette PPO) or $60.00 (using eyeshadow refill PPO) or $79.20 (using Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow Quad PPO)
- Amazonian Clay Blush | 1 x 0.20 oz. = $28.00
- Amazonian Clay Bronzer | 1 x 0.20 oz. = $18.75
- Amazonian Clay Highlighter | 1 x 0.155 oz. = $21.70
- Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara | 1 x 0.13 oz. = $10.00
- Total Value: $128.26 to $157.65
See more photos & swatches!
Tarte Bling It On Amazonian Clay Blush Palette
Tarte Bling It On Amazonian Clay Blush Palette ($44.00 for 0.75 oz.) includes five blushes, and all but one is warm-toned (Dollface is the cooler-toned one, and it is also part of the permanent range). The exterior is a glittery black, which feels rough to the touch and does shed glitter. Tarte’s full-sized, standalone blushes cost $28.00 and contain 0.20 oz. or $140.00/oz. This palette contains $105.00 worth of blush for those of you keeping track of value this year! Tarte’s blush palettes tend to be a better deal if you like the shades included. Full review to come!
See more photos & swatches!
Tarte Holiday 2015 Collection
AVAILABILITY | Now at Sephora
Bling It On Amazonian Clay Blush Palette ($44.00) (Limited Edition) (Sephora Exclusive)
This sleek, statement-making palette features five long-wearing, pigmented powder blushes. The full-size, flattering mix includes all-new stunners and blushing favorites powered by tarte’s iconic Amazonian clay, which helps to balance and replenish skin for better, longer, truer wear. Create a party-perfect flush or treat yourself to five limited-edition shades of this bestseller encased in an accessory-inspired palette designed to delight and dazzle through any festive adventure.
- 5 x 0.15 oz Amazonian clay blush in Fetching, Dollface, Prim, Smashing, Beaming
Light of the Party Collector’s Makeup Case ($59.00) (Limited Edition) (Sephora Exclusive)
Be the center of the room with this festive, limited-edition collection, feautring tarte’s beauty favorites, designed to create smoldering makeup looks for any celebration. Create an eye-catching statement wherever you go with the travel-size takeaway palette, featuring shadow, cheek and contouring shades. The trendy collector’s case features a full-size, built-in eye shadow palette with 30 shades, including 24 brilliant, never before seen shades in mixed mattes and shimmers. With a travel-friendly eye shadow brush and deluxe-size mascara, this set is perfect for achieving seamless, on-the-go touch-ups for alluring, party-perfect looks.
- 30 x 0.024 oz Eye shadow in Sugar Cookie, In A Flurry, Fizz The Season, It’s Snow Time, Eggnog, Ehat A Wonderful Pearl, Miracle Of Light, Rum Pum Pum, Tartetini, Baby It’s Gold Outside, Peach On Earth, Come What Grey, Under The Mistle-Taupe, Ring-A-Ling, Fireside Chat, Party Favored, Gingerbread Mansion, Chrome For The Holidays, Sleigh Watch, Mulled Wine, Cocoa What Fun, Black Velvet, Haute Chocolate, Midnight Kiss
- 0.20 oz Bronzer
- 0.20 oz Blush
- 0.155 oz Highlighter
- 0.13 oz Lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara (deluxe)
- Double-ended eye shadow brush (travel-size)
- Collector’s case with dazzling sequins, an oversized mirror, and a zipper closure
Deluxe Amazonian Butter Lipstick Set ($21.00) (Limited Edition)
Treat your lips to this adorable deluxe gift set, featuring tarte’s bestselling butter lipsticks. Their hydrating creamy, full-coverage formula is infused with Amazonian cupuacu and murumuru butters to deliver ultimate moisture as it smooths and softens dry winter lips. Packaged in a giftable box, these deluxe-sized lipsticks include four never-before-seen shades that are perfect for the holidays.
- 4 x 0.035 oz Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Sangria (berry red), Punch (mauve pink), Mimosa (peachy nude), Bellini (golden pink)
Lips for Daze LipSurgence Set ($34.00) (Limited Edition)
Create an array of lip looks with this giftable, full-size, collector’s set, featuring tarte’s iconic LipSurgence lip tints. With its three-in-one benefits of a lipstick, lip gloss, and a decadent balm, it delivers deep, hydrating pigment that lasts from beginning to end of any celebration. Experience five limited-edition lip tints that treat lips to full-coverage color in stunning matte and satin shades that are perfect for the season.
- 3 x 0.10 oz LipSurgence matte lip tints in Haze (peachy nude), Craze (raspberry), Emblaze (cool crimson)
- 2 x 0.10 oz LipSurgence lip tints in Glaze (rosy mocha), Praise (marsala)
Stroke of Midnight Brush Set ($44.00) (Limited Edition)
Buff, primp, and create a glow with this chic collector’s set of high-performance tarte application tools. Dress up your vanity or give the gift of beauty tools with this set, encased in a sequined collector’s brush box. With a foundation, concealer, eye shadow, complexion, and blush brush, each one has a glamorous gold handle to celebrate the holidays, and this giftable brush box has extra room for your beauty must-haves so you can create a full face for every festive occasion.
AVAILABILITY | Now at Sephora
See more photos!
Tarte Energy Noir Eye & Cheek Palette
If it wasn’t apparent by the abundance of sneak peeks, but we are in the throes of fall color collections and releases. July you say? Well, they come a little earlier everywhere and maybe by 2020, we’ll be looking at fall in April The best thing I can do for you is providing early swatches while I work on the testing and writing portion of the review process. (Testing takes the longest, followed by finding dupes, in case you were curious.) For total clarity, I purchased the Becca and Tarte palettes, while bareMinerals sent theirs as a press sample.
Palettes in this post:
- bareMinerals Work, Weekend, Wow Eyeshadow Palette ($26.00 for 0.17 oz.)
- Becca Ombre Rouge Eye Palette ($40.00 for 0.20 oz.)
- Tarte Energy Noir Eye & Cheek Palette ($38.00 for 0.54 oz.)