Stila Barbie Loves Stila Collection for Fall 2009
Inspired by looks created for the first ever Barbie runway show – Fall 2009 New York Fashion Week – the new Barbie™ Loves Stila fall collection has everything your readers need to get all dolled up. The collection will be available on the Stila Cosmetics site in September, and you can even snatch up the ultra-glam Barbie™ Loves Stila Smudge Pot and Barbie™ Loves Stila Lip Glaze NOW on www.stilacosmetics.com as a special preview.
All Doll’d Up Palette ($28.00)
A must-have for any glam girl, this adorable refillable compact – decorated with a lenticular of the iconic Barbie stare contains FOUR eye shadow trios (TWELVE eye shadow shades!) for endless looks and countless levels of glamour.
Lip Enamel Trio ($32.00)
- Joy Red
- Happiness Light pink
- Tickled Pink Signature Barbie power pink
Lip Glaze ($22.00)
- Pale Pink
- Bright Pink
Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner ($20.00)
Created especially for the Barbie collection, this new marker-like pen glides on with precision and ease and won’t smudge or run. The intense carbon black color creates definition for day and drama for night.
Smudge Pot ($20.00)
- Cobalt Clutch Blue with blue shimmer
- Purple Pumps Purple with pink shimmer
- Little Black Dress Black with pink shimmer
Avaliability: September 2009.
See more photos… Continue reading →
Kitten Smudge Pot
Stila’s Fall Collection also included the launch of Kitten Smudge Pot, Black Cat Smudge Pot, and Kitten Lip Glaze. I have to tell you that I am absolutely in love with Black Cat. The swatches don’t even do it justice, just because the way the shimmer/glitter catches the light is stunning. These new products will be available September 2009, but you might see them pop up on stilacosmetics.com earlier (perhaps late August).
- Kitten Smudge Pot is a beige-y champagne shade. It’s definitely neutral, and it’s wearable alone or as a neutral base. It’s fairly frosty, though, so if you’re more of a matte finish person, this probably wouldn’t appeal to you. I like it as a one-swipe-and-you’re-done kind of color. It’s also nice on the lower water line.
- Black Cat Smudge Pot is a fairly opaque black-base smudge pot with golden glitter/shimmer laced through the color. It’s really glitzy and reminds me of Hollywood glamour. This is awesome as a liner, but it also makes an awesome base for that totally dark, black smoky eye.
- Kitten Lip Glaze is a sheer gloss with a peachy base and peachy-gold shimmer. It’s pretty, extremely wearable, and has a little stickiness to it. Compared to the Lip Enamel Luxe, it didn’t excite me so much. For those who love sheer, shimmering glosses with a neutral kick, this is definitely up your alley.
See product photos and swatches… Continue reading →
Stila’s Lip Enamel Luxe Gloss ($22.00 each) is new for fall, and they are simply amazing. Six shades of patent-leather, ultra-glossy opaque lipgloss? I’m so there. I’ve only tried three of the six, and they’re all stunning. The gloss is fairly thick, but I didn’t experience any tackiness really–these feel like lip lacquers or liquid lipstick more or less. These glosses will be available September 2009, but you might see them pop up on stilacosmetics.com earlier if you keep your fingers crossed.
- Joy is a deep red-burgundy, but it’s actually subdued a bit. It’s not a scarlet red, but it’s still noticeably red. This one had the best finish, pay off, and overall look from the three I tried. It was thick, luxe, and covered in one coat.
- Giggle is a hot fuchsia pink. There is *no* room for shyness with this one. You wear it and ROCK IT! I don’t know if I’ve ever come across a brighter pink lipgloss in my life. Extremely pigmented, bright as can be, and super glossy.
- Happiness is a softer, more medium pink. This one felt the sheerest of the three I tried, though it was still mostly opaque, giving my lips a good dose of color.
See swatches and lip swatches… Continue reading →
Stila Smitten With Kitten Collection for Fall 2009
When Stila introduced the original pearlized Kitten eye shadow in 1997, Stila Girls everywhere scooped up the universally flattering pink champagne shade. And why not? Kitten was and continues to be all about soft playfulness. Well, this kitten has grown up, with three new makeup accessories to keep Stila Girls completely Smitten with Kitten. Introducing the new Smitten with Kitten collection containing a smudge pot, a lip glaze and a black cat smudge pot. Makeup that’s purr-fect for every occasion…
Kitten Smudge Pot ($20.00)
Our proprietary combination of pearls used to create Kitten are blended into a new Smudge Pot resulting in shimmering champagne. Wear it as an eye shadow primer, a shadow, liner or even a cheek and brow bone highlighter. Smudge-proof, water resistant, long-wearing and simply illuminating, day and night.
- Stila Pro Artist Tip: Use as an eye shadow base primer to help any Stila shadow stay on longer. Dab on cheekbones or brow bone as a highlighter to add a subtly, sexy sheen.
Kitten Lip Glaze ($22.00)
This Kitten is written in the stars with a pouty gloss that shimmers like the finest champagne. Raise a glass to your lips for a sophisticated shine, or touch it over any Stila lipstick for a dazzling effect. Long-lasting, non-sticky formula, enriched with vitamins A, C and E to moisturize and smooth without feathering, is kissably gorgeous.
- Stila Pro Artist Tip: Apply lightly for a sheer sparkling finish or add a second coat for a more color-intense shine that adds dimension and fullness to lips.
Black Cat Smudge Pot ($20.00)
Forget about the superstition when this black cat crosses your path. Like a little black dress and a flute of champagne, this black gel liner is infused with an unexpected blend of Kitten shimmer and can be used for lining the lashes or blending on the lids. Smudge-resistant, precise, modern and darkly lustrous.
- Stila Pro Artist Tip: Use brush #28 to apply closely to the lash line and either a brush or finger to buff out color for a thicker look to lashes and a sultry look that lasts as long as you do!
NEW Lip Enamel Luxe Gloss ($22.00)
Stila’s NEW Lip Enamel Luxe Gloss made it’s debut on the fall 09 Fashion Week runways and
quickly became a makeup-artist obsession. Who wouldn’t be completely enamored with the
intense pigment, full coverage, long-wearing gloss that is ultra-shine, all the time? A formula like
no other looks like patent-leather on the lips. This high performance gloss is infused with life’s greatest luxury… happiness. The formula contains rhodiola rosea, a botanical extract known to improve mood, working to optimize serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain. One application and you’ll feel amazing almost instantly! Stila’s Lip Enamel Luxe Gloss puts a smile on your face with stunningly lacquered, boldly beautiful, richly conditioned, luxurious lips. Lip Enamel Luxe Lip Gloss, in six chic shades, also conditions and moisturizes with an exquisite blend of antioxidants, essential oils and phenolic compounds.
- Joy Deep red
- Happiness Baby pink
- Giggle Fuchsia pink
- Nirvana Beige
- Euphoria Berry
- Ecstasy Wine berry
Availability: Smitten With Kitten – August 2009, exclusively at www.stilacosmetics.com. Lip Enamel Luxe Gloss, September 2009 at Sephora and stilacosmetics.com.
See more images… Continue reading →
Welcome Back, Stila!
Stila Cosmetics is really back, darlings! New owner Lynn Tilton has been welcomed into the Stila Girl fold, and she’d like to offer a complimentary Stila Appreciation 24kt Luxe Lip Gloss with a purchase of $25 or more. Just use code APPRECIATE. Oh yeah, that’s right–the website is back online and in action!
It sounds like Stila has some very interesting things planned for the future, so I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what direction they go in over the next few months. By the way, am I the only one who didn’t know about Stila’s very nifty rewards program? Where have I been?!
Check out the new Stila family! Continue reading →
Stila’s Summer Collection features a stunning quad, the Charmed palette ($28.00), which I am sure instantly created some temptation! The colors featured in the palette are a mid-tone copper, warm gold, intense teal, and deep burgundy.
The color themselves are quite lovely, as they swatch well with rich pigmentation. I’d describe the colors more of a coppery-pink, warm coppery-gold, teal with green undertones, and a brown-burgundy. The texture is smooth and silky, easily blending into the skin and no fall out problems.
The only issue I had with the palette was the packaging itself. The gold coloring and the detailing on the outside was beautiful, but it feels like it’s all cardboard. The clear part (where you can see the shadows) is super thin plastic–like what you might find on top of shadows. I’d have preferred something more durable. Otherwise, this palette is superb, and it is totally worth $28!
See close-ups and swatches… Continue reading →