Stila Summer 2012 Collection
All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer ($20.00)
- Pink Shimmer
- Bronze Shimmer
- Rose Gold Shimmer
- Kitten Shimmer
One Step Illuminate ($36.00)
This innovative serum instantly illuminates, primes and nourishes the skin to improve tone and texture, diminishing the look of fine lines and wrinkles. The oil-free formula features Stila’s revolutionary Youth Revival Bio-Available Mineral Complex. It melts into the skin and dries down to hydrate and balance while controlling oil production. One Step Illuminate contains a swirl of three illuminating bronzers (pale pink, champagne & Kitten).
Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara ($22.00)
This innovative waterproof mascara contains a unique polymer with an extremely high resistance to water for the ultimate in long-wear performance. Unlike other waterproof mascaras, Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara leaves lashes soft and protected without smudging, budging or flaking. The rich, buildable formula contains a conditioning agent, coconut oil and antioxidant-rich mango butter. A unique 3D brush with three rows of combing bristles expertly applies a generous coat of mascara for dramatic volume and lift, to lengthen and define each lash.
Baked Setting Powder ($34.00)
Developed using a unique baking technique, these sheer, lightweight setting powders are velvety soft. One to illuminate, one to mattify, and one to bronze – each 3-in-1 compact comes with a mirror and an ingenious shaver that evenly distributes three different shades, mixing them into a fine, silky powder for easy application. The luxurious formulas contain Vitamin E, antioxidants and jojoba oils to moisturize and condition skin while providing beautifying benefits.
- Set & Illuminate Powder Three brightening powders (pale pink, champagne & Kitten) containing specialty pearls and pigments illuminate cheekbones, under eye brows and/or décolleté
- Set & Correct Powder Three color-correcting powders (peach, green & lavender) color-correct and mattify skin – the combination brightens and evens skin tone, setting makeup with a flawless, satin finish
- Set & Bronze Powder Three bronzing powders (matte bronze, Kitten shimmer & bronze shimmer) give skin the appearance of a healthy, natural, sun-kissed glow
Passion Fruit Crush Lip & Cheek Stain ($24.00)
Stila’s latest “crush” creates a beautiful blush red shade with just the right amount of subtle shimmer for lips and cheeks. The formula contains vitamin-rich passion fruit extracts to soften and nourish the skin and antioxidants to help neutralize the harmful effects of free radicals.
Self-Adjusting Bronze Custom Color Blush ($20.00)
The newest addition to Stila’s Custom Color Blush family, this perceptive one-shade-fits-all powder blush comes in a natural bronze hue, with a hint of shimmer for a customized sun-kissed summer glow. The innovative powder blush reacts to each individual’s pH to create a perfect, personalized shade with its unique one-shade-fits-all technology. This blendable velvet-soft formula smoothes the appearance of fine lines and imperfections to leave the skin with a luminous, flawless flush.
Holiday Gift Guide: Must-Have Beauty Products for Eyes
I’m going to do my best to crank out the last few gift guides in the next day, because I know a lot of sales are coming up for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, and I don’t want you to miss out! These are all products I personally recommend that are part of the permanent range. Products are listed in order of ascending price!
- Milani Liquif’Eye Eyeliners ($5.49) is a standout formula with a wallet-friendly price tag–if they had a bigger range, they’d be even better. I love their Black and Aqua shades.
- MAC Fluidlines ($15) is a long-time favorite, because it’s creamy enough for smooth, crisp application but sets and wears well. My favorite is Blacktrack.
- Tarina Tarantino Dream Hyperliners ($15) are a newly-discovered favorite with a fantastic color range, rich color, and long-wear. My favorite shades have been Sparkling Ammunition and Puppeteer.
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Liners ($18) also has an amazing range of shades as well as finishes, and this is an eyeliner that stays on well throughout the day. I regularly reach for shades like #4L, 5L, 12L, and 20L.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencils ($18) are a total go-to for me! They have a full color range available, and they’re soft and glide on easily. Some of my favorites are Bourbon Covet, Graffiti, Mildew, Rockstar, Stash, and Underground.
- Stila Smudgestick Waterproof Eyeliners ($20) are super soft and pigmented, but they do run out of quick–but their color range is so rich, it’s hard to say no. I love Moray, Peacock, and Stingray.
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliners ($21) is a rich, long-wearing gel eyeliner that’s smooth and creamy but still wears all day. Check out shades like Black Mauve Shimmer Ink and Cobalt Ink!
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Liners ($23) is my absolute favorite for liquid liner, because the color range is wide and the formula itself stays on all day. I recommend shades like #3, 4, 9, 10, and 14. If you like lots and lots of sparkle, consider Stila Sparkle Liquid Eyeliners ($22) which have a very similar formula but their shades have more shimmer.
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow ($1.99 to $4.99) are a real steal with a lot of variations and options available, and a lot of the shades are of excellent quality.
- Inglot Eyeshadows ($5) won’t break the bank but will deliver intense color payoff–they’re most well-known for their mattes and Double Sparkles.
- Sugarpill Chromalusts ($12) are finely milled with lots of dimension. My favorites are Stella, Absinthe, and Goldilux! I’d also recommend checking out their eyeshadows if you’re shopping for someone who loves bright colors (they’re also $12 and top notch).
- theBalm Eyeshadows ($16) are richly pigmented, silky smooth, and wear really well. Their individual singles are great, but they also have several palettes that work well, too. My favorite singles are All About Alex, Jealous Jordana, and Risque Renee.
- Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner ($19) are some of my favorite cream eyeshadows for quick all-over washes or as an eyeshadow base; the range is generally more neutral/subdued so it would be great for busy folks who don’t have a lot of time to spend on their makeup every morning. I love shades like Birthday Suit and Skinny Jeans.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencils ($20) is a chubby pencil that can be used as an eyeliner or more like a cream eyeshadow (or even an eyeshadow base). They wear really well and deliver pretty good color. I like shades Clinic, Lit, and Midnight Cowboy.
- Bare Escentuals Ready Eyeshadows ($20 for duo, $30 for quad) caught me off guard, because I really didn’t think they’d be out of this world, but they’re really, really good. Some of my favorite duos are The Scenic Route and The Escape, and some of my favorite quads are The Elements and The Truth.
- MAC Pigments ($20) are still one of my favorite products for really revving up a look. Some of the permanent shades I love are Pink Opal, Melon, and Teal.
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams ($22) come in neutrals as well as bright pops of color, and they’re a cream product that really locks down once it sets. I love the Aqua Creams best for eyes. I totally dig shades like #2, #5, #13, #15.
- Illamasqua Pure Pigment ($24) may be pricey and they don’t come with a whole lot of product, for most consumers, it’ll take years to get through. The reason I like these is I feel like the range has a lot of complex, unique shades.
- Le Metier de Beaute True Color Eyeshadow ($30) is a pricey but absolutely luxurious eyeshadow formula that’s built for layering. I love shades like Chameleon and Jade.
- Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense ($32) are so intense and have this interesting formula that wears well all day long and comes in some fun shades. I love #1, 2, 3, and 6 a lot!
- Tarina Tarantino Jewel Eyeshadow Palettes ($32) are good bang for your buck with top notch quality–love Dreamy the most.
- Hourglass Visionaire Eyeshadow ($38) is my favorite eyeshadow formula, and I really wish they’d come out with more shades, but my favorites are Gypsy, Prism, and Lagoon.
- Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette ($48) is still one of my favorite palettes that Urban Decay has launched, and it is something I reach for when I travel.
- Maybelline Full ‘n Soft Mascara ($6.59) is my go-to for soft, natural-looking lashes with lots of volume.
- MAC Plushlash Mascara ($15) is a great all-over mascara; it thickens, lengthens, and volumizes.
- Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash Mascara ($19) is fantastic for lengthening.
- Hourglass Film Noir Mascara ($28) is inky black while lengthening and thickening well.
What are your must-have eye products that are permanent?
Stila Friends & Family Sale 2011!
Stila Cosmetics is having their Friends & Family sale! Get 20% off + free shipping with code FRIENDS2011, expires 9/27. Does not apply to last call items, gift sets, or pro-artists discounts. Limit one code usage per person.
Temptalia Exclusive: Stila GWP + Free Shipping
Stila Cosmetics has something special lined up for Temptalia readers — free shipping + free deluxe-sized Watermelon Lip Glaze with any purchase when you use code TEMPTALIA, expires 8/14.
Stila Curacao Sparkle Eyeliner
At Last – Stila Curacao Sparkle Eyeliner
As promised, Curacao! It’s so pretty, I couldn’t just slide it into the original post without some sort of fanfare! Stila describes Curacao as a sparkling violet blue. I found it more blue than violet, though. At best, you might argue indigo, but I think it’s more of a rich, navy blue with electric blue shimmer. It’s bright without being neon; dark without being black. Curacao has nice color pay off and glides on as easily as the other shades in the Sparkle Eyeliner family. It’s an impressive formula, and if shimmer in your eyeliner is your thing, you’ll probably enjoy Stila’s new liquid liner.
For a full review of the Sparkle Eyeliner formula, please check out this review.
Have you tried Stila’s Sparkle Eyeliners?
Illamasqua Abyss, MAC On the Hunt, MUFE #13, Stila Sequins, MAC Marked for Glamour
Liquid Eyeliner Comparisons & Swatches
There are several variations on the liquid liners lately, including Illamasqua Precision Ink, MAC Superslick Eyeliner, Make Up For Ever Aqua Liners, and Stila Sparkle Liners. I swatched through them to compare, and these are the results:
- blacks: There are really no distinguishable differences between Illamasqua Abyss, MAC On the Hunt, or MUFE #13–they’re all a really deep, dark inky black. Stila Sequins is similar but has noticeable shimmer. MAC Marked for Glamour is a little grayer than Stila Sequins, and MUFE #15 is comparable to Marked for Glamour. MUFE #14 and Stila Starry are comparable, while MUFE is a little darker overall.
- golds: There are no distinguishable differences between Illamasqua Alchemy, MAC Pure Show, or MUFE #1.
- olives: MAC Desires & Devices has more gold shimmer and a blacker, less green base compared to Stila Flash.
- greens: MAC Treat Me Nice and MUFE #3 are indistinguishable from each other.
- teals: MUFE #4 and Stila Electric are indistinguishable from each other.
- blues: The darker blues are rather varied; none of them look alike. From the lighter blues, MUFE #5 has more shimmer and is a lighter, more neon blue than Stila Bora Bora.
- purples: Similar to the darker blues, there is quite a bit of variation of the four purple shades available. MUFE #8 and Stila Royal are the only ones that are comparable, but Stila is less red toned, more violet shimmered.
- browns: None of the brown shades look alike.