Choosing my top ten favorite palettes from the ones I tested and reviewed in 2013 was a lot more difficult than I anticipated! To give you an idea on how stiff the competition was, there were 128 reviews filed under “makeup palettes,” so you can see there were plenty to choose from! (And if you were curious, I have 1,261 posts filed under “reviews,” and the majority of those posts feature more than one shade, for the past year.) I considered which ones gave me warm, fuzzy feelings, that were high quality, and that I could really reach for over and over again. With those things in mind, here are my favorites…
- Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette — nicely pigmented, rosy-themed palette that I loved and will definitely be traveling with in the future
- Laura Mercier Artist’s Palette for Eyes — it’s no surprise that this was a favorite, given how difficult it was to track it down, but I loved the plummy vibe and mixture of mattes and satins
- Sleek Makeup Sunset i-Divine Palette — this palette was incredibly pigmented; not only is it incredibly affordable, it was fantastic in quality
- Dior Bonne Etoile Eyeshadow Palette — a gorgeous palette featuring five shimmering, earthy shades–wish Dior made this their regular formula
- Too Faced Pretty Rebel Eyeshadow Palette — it’s no surprise that this makes the list as it was bright, colorful, intensely pigmented, and a cinch to use
- Le Metier de Beaute Femme Fatale — an interesting color combination and filled with more unique shades than not–if only LMdB was more accessible and wasn’t so limited
- bareMinerals The Wild Thing Eyeshadow Quad — mint, chartreuse, and blue? shades that speak to my heart, so thank goodness they were of quality!
- Sugarpill Cold Chemistry Eyeshadow Palette — a cool-toned, four-pan palette that’s nearly irresistible
- LORAC Pro Palette — it’s a great option for someone who likes warm-toned eyeshadows and can’t decide between matte and frost
- Guerlain Coup de Foudre Eyeshadow Quad — I loved the unusual color combination
What were your favorite palettes that you tried this past year?
I have a whole slew of fun top tens to share with you over the next few days! You may even see some of these pop up again in a few other top tens. I wanted to put a spotlight on some of the best affordable and budget-friendly products that I enjoyed and reviewed over the past year. I hope you’ll take a moment to share your own favorites that you discovered this year.
- Makeup Geek Glamorous Eyeshadow — a shimmering, coppery gold with a frosted finish
- Fyrinnae Because Cats — a cool-toned, bluish-purple with a frosted, metallic finish
- Sleek Makeup Vintage Romance Eyeshadow Palette — a great cooler, smokier palette
- L’Oreal Amber Rush — warm, reddish copper with orange undertones and metallic finish
- Sephora Good Mood Eye Contour Pencil — a shimmery teal for that perfect pop of color on the lash line
- Maybelline Barely Branded Color Tattoo Eyeshadow — warm, creamy beige with a metallic finish
- Makeup Geek Country Girl Eyeshadow — a rosy, warm-toned brown with a pearly sheen
- Sleek Makeup Sunset Eyeshadow Palette — an intensely pigmented, warm-toned eyeshadow palette
- Makeup Geek Liquid Gold Pigment — a deep, dark molten gold
- Milani Perfect Purple — nicely pigmented, purple eyeliner