Top 10 of 2012: Lipsticks
There were actually a lot of fantastic lipsticks released this year! I already pulled up twenty that to consider for the top ten, and I had only reached August (I go backwards). There were 52 pages of lip product reviews to sift through (that’s 312 posts!), and these were the ones that made the cut:
- OCC Metallurgy Lip Tars — Triptych pictured above
- Cle de Peau Comtesse de Cayla — light coral
- Guerlain Orgueil — berry-red
- NARS Dragon Girl — matte, blue-based red
- Laura Mercier Raspberry Sorbet — muted rosy pink
- Maybelline Very Cherry — cherry red
- Shiseido RD 320 — creamy magenta
- Tom Ford Violet Fatale — iridescent berry purple
- Burberry Pink Amber — matte perfection
- Giorgio Armani #400 — rich red
What was your favorite lipstick from 2012?
Shiseido Lacquer Rouge Launches
Created by Shiseido Artistic Director, Dick Page, Lacquer Rouge is a rich liquid lip color that leaves lips beautifully polished in just one coat. Inspired by Japanese lacquer artistry, a 9,000-year old technique that delivers exceptional lustrous shine and an almost wet-looking finish to a wide variety of pieces, called “lacquerware.”
According to Dick, “the collection is about a speedy glamour. The simplicity of a lip gloss married to the intensity of a lipstick, a deep pigment and rich color payoff, and long-lasting shine and gloss.”
With just one coat, Lacquer Rouge provides intense color and a lacquer-like finish by simultaneously adhering deep, rich pigments and a topcoat-like shine. With continued use, Lacquer Rouge also improves dry or rough lips leaving them deeply moisturized and smooth. It includes the following key ingredient:
Super Hydro-Wrap Vitalizing DE: an advanced moisturizing ingredient that actively pushes moisture into lips and effectively retains it for hours.
Lacquer Rouge ($25.00)
- Drama (RD501) Deep, full blooded red
- Savage (RD702) Rich, earthy brown
- Portrait (RD203) Formal, reserved pink
- Disco (RS404) Bright, hot pink
- Nymph (RD305) Rich, fleshy rose
- Camel (BE306) Simple, chic beige
- Nocturne (RD607) Intense, dark red
- Blaze (OR508) Fiery yellow-orange
Availability: Now @ Nordstrom; August 2012 at shiseido.com
See more photos!
Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color for Fall 2011
Inspired by Dick Page’s photography and travels around the globe, the NEW Shiseido Makeup Shimmering Cream Eye Color glides over eyelids creating a luxurious and deeply pigmented look in an instant. There is no need to apply an eye shadow base or powder shadow on top as the Shimmering Cream Eye Color delivers strong color definition with maximum performance as well as unprecedented luster and lasting brilliance.
These lightweight, long-wearing cream shadows maintain a smudge-free and dewy finish that won’t crease or fade for up to 16 hours. Each shade can be worn separately or blended together for a variety of looks and effects.
With light-capturing power to outshine jewels, these shadows are smooth, blendable and remain stunning all day long using a combination of unique technologies including:
- Jewel Reflecting Powder – a shimmering powder that reflects different colors from every angle, emitting an intense radiance.
- Smooth Fit Base – uses Shiseido’s exclusive patent-pending emulsification technology to quickly remove excess oil and water after application, leaving only the essential reflective pearl and moisturizing ingredients behind on lids. This exceptional adhering quality is what gives the shadow its strong resistance to creasing and fading.
- Super Hydro-Wrap Vitalizing DE – a Shiseido-original ingredient that moisturizes and improves dryness to give eyes a fresh look all day long.
Shimmering Cream Eye Color ($26.00)
- Mist (WT901) Soft pearly white
- Magnolia (PK302) Fresh bright pink
- Techno Gold (GD803) Brilliant yellow gold
- Meadow (BE204) Warm, glowing beige
- Purple Dawn (VI305) Intense violet
- Leather (BR306) Rich, reddish brown
- Patina (GR707) Lustrous metallic bronze
- Moss (GR708) Vibrant bright green
- Sable (BR709) Luxurious taupe
- Tin (SV810) Rich silver
- Angel 9BL711) Deep, teal-toned blue
- Caviar (BK912) Glossy, shimmering black
availability: August 2011 at all Shiseido counters, online at macys.com, bloomingdales.com, nordstrom.com, saks.com, sephora.com