Here is a look at the new, limited edition products for the
Sephora + Pantone Universe Color of the Year Collection, which features an eyeshadow palette, lipgloss set, and two lipsticks.
See more photos & swatches!
Here’s a more traditional take on shades of the New Year — yellowy golds. I went for a list of some of my favorite more shimmering/sparkling shades for bonus points 🙂 What are your favorites?
- Anastasia So Hollywood — A Warm Gold with a Metallic finish.
- Kat Von D Thrasher — A Warm Gold with a Metallic finish.
- Colour Pop Get Lucky — A Warm Gold with a Metallic finish.
- Sephora Girls Night Out — A Warm Gold with a Metallic finish.
- NYX Mischievous — A Warm Gold with a Metallic finish.
- NARS Iskandar — A Warm Gold with a Metallic finish.
- MAC Old Gold — A Warm Gold with a Frost finish.
- L'Oreal Eternal Sunshine — A Warm Gold with a Metallic finish.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Triptych — A Warm Gold with a Metallic finish.
- Sugarpill Goldilux — A Warm Gold with a Metallic finish.
Long-time readers will probably find this no surprise… but I love emerald green when it comes to makeup! Whether it’s for nails, eyes, or lips. Here are 13 favorites — from deeper to brighter, warmer to cooler! 🙂
- Butter London British Racing Green — A Cool Green with a Pearl finish.
- Zoya Logan — A Cool Green with a Glitter finish.
- Kat Von D Iggy — A Cool Green with a Frost finish.
- Sephora Go For a Ride — A Cool Green with a Pearl finish.
- Make Up For Ever ME304 Emerald — A Cool Green with a Frost finish.
- Milani Green Safari — A Warm Green with a Frost finish.
- Buxom Pre-nup — A Cool Green with a Frost finish.
- Giorgio Armani Emeraude (04) — A Cool Green with a Satin finish.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Cosplay — A Cool Green with a Satin finish.
- Make Up For Ever D306 Bottle Green — A Warm Green with a Metallic finish.
- Urban Decay Kush — A Warm Green with a Frost finish.
- NYX Risque — A Cool Green with a Metallic finish.
- Colour Pop Empire — A Warm Green with a Metallic finish.
Sephora + Pantone Universe Color of the Year 2016 Collection
SEPHORA and Pantone proudly introduce the PANTONE Color of the Year 2016 Collection featuring PANTONE Serenity 15-3919 and PANTONE Rose Quartz 13-1520, an extraordinary new assortment of cosmetics for eyes and lips that interprets the colors of innocence and expressionism into a bold new palette of modern watercolors. Now in its fifth year, this collaboration brings SEPHORA’s innovative textures, finishes, and product forms to a limited-edition collection that makes a fearless declaration to embrace the bold and subversive expression of individuality.
“With the whole greater than its individual parts, joined together Serenity and Rose Quartz demonstrate an inherent balance between a warmer embracing rose tone and the cooler tranquil blue, reflecting connection and wellness as well as a soothing sense of order and peace,” said Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute™. “Additionally, we are experiencing a gender blur as it relates to fashion, which has in turn impacted color trends throughout all other areas of design, opening our eyes to different approaches to color usage.”
With Serenity, trailblazers will discover that any color can be worn in any way, anywhere. The soft shade relates well to sister shades of blue, and is elegant with gray, olive, orchid and taupe. It takes on an earthier feel with deep lichen green, sage, cedar, shitake and sepia brown, and is easily compatible with more vibrant greens and yellows.
Traditionalists will find Rose Quartz to be a comforting favorite, pairing well with dove gray, lilac and violet, or juxtaposed against deliciously deep chocolates, greens and apricots. For something more unexpected, turn up the heat with pale gold, and warm tones of peach, orange and tan, or add dramatic contrast with peacock blue and deep jungle greens.
The exclusive cosmetics collection, designed by SEPHORA, evokes the sleek, modern lines of the iconic PANTONE Color Chip with a captivating watercolor design inspired by abstract art. Each item features Sephora Collection’s high performance formulas that offer rich color payoff and a luxurious feel during wear, with refined finishes like matte, shimmer, satin and shine.
Make Up For Ever 15 Artist Palette ($59.00) should come as no surprise, given how much I adore the Artist Shadow formula! The brand’s limited edition palettes are a great way to snag several shades for way, way less than the cost of individual shades. (Read reviews or see swatches.)
bareMinerals The Regal Wardrobe Eye & Cheek Palette ($39.00) has a mix of warm and cool-toned neutrals paired with four cheek colors. I really loved the eyeshadows, and I think they coordinated well together. (Read reviews or see swatches.)
Anastasia Self-Made Eyeshadow Palette ($35.00) is an interesting mix of shades, finishes, and undertones–a little bit of everything–and it ended up being one of the more unique color combinations out there. It also won’t break the bank! (Read reviews or see swatches.)
Jack Black It’s the Balm Lip Quartet ($25.00) includes four full-sized, squeeze-tube lip balms. I actually picked this set-up just for myself (not to review), as I’m a huge, huge fan of the formula. I’ve been liking Vanilla & Lavender a lot more than I anticipated. (Read review.)
Stila Sending My Love Set ($49.00) is a perfect set for holiday giving, as it comes in decadent packaging that doesn’t even need to be wrapped. The eyeshadows are pigmented, long-wearing, and blendable, while the blushes complemented the shades of eyeshadows. (Read reviews or see swatches.)
Sephora Ultra Shine Holographic Lip Gels ($14.00) are so sparkling! I’ve been reaching for them whenever I have a free few hours, because they have a lot of dimension. If you like sheer, shimmering gloss, whether alone or for layering, try to get your hands on these! (Read reviews or see swatches.)
Marc Jacobs Beauty The Sky Liner Collection ($48.00) is a set of seven, travel-sized eyeliners that is a great value for anyone who has wanted to try the Highliner formula. Since the brand has fixed packaging issues on this set, I now can recommend this set again! (This is one of my favorite eyeliner formulas!) (Read reviews or see swatches.)
NARS Fast Life Killer Shine Lip Gloss ($28.00) is a medium, rosy pink with tons of shimmer. I love how it is holiday-esque, but it isn’t your traditional red or gold lip! (Read reviews or see swatches.)
Sephora Favorites ($25.00 to $99.00) are perfect for trying out bestselling products and formulas in deluxe sizes. They also work well for anyone who travels often and needs to have rollerballs or small sizes available.
What has been your favorite limited edition buy this season?