Here is a look at the new, limited edition products for the
Sephora + Pantone Universe Color of the Year Collection, which features an eyeshadow palette, lipgloss set, and two lipsticks.
See more photos & swatches!
Here’s a more traditional take on shades of the New Year — yellowy golds. I went for a list of some of my favorite more shimmering/sparkling shades for bonus points 🙂 What are your favorites?
- Anastasia So Hollywood — A Warm Gold with a Metallic finish.
- Kat Von D Thrasher — A Warm Gold with a Metallic finish.
- Colour Pop Get Lucky — A Warm Gold with a Metallic finish.
- Sephora Girls Night Out — A Warm Gold with a Metallic finish.
- NYX Mischievous — A Warm Gold with a Metallic finish.
- NARS Iskandar — A Warm Gold with a Metallic finish.
- MAC Old Gold — A Warm Gold with a Frost finish.
- L'Oreal Eternal Sunshine — A Warm Gold with a Metallic finish.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Triptych — A Warm Gold with a Metallic finish.
- Sugarpill Goldilux — A Warm Gold with a Metallic finish.
Long-time readers will probably find this no surprise… but I love emerald green when it comes to makeup! Whether it’s for nails, eyes, or lips. Here are 13 favorites — from deeper to brighter, warmer to cooler! 🙂
- Butter London British Racing Green — A Cool Green with a Pearl finish.
- Zoya Logan — A Cool Green with a Glitter finish.
- Kat Von D Iggy — A Cool Green with a Frost finish.
- Sephora Go For a Ride — A Cool Green with a Pearl finish.
- Make Up For Ever ME304 Emerald — A Cool Green with a Frost finish.
- Milani Green Safari — A Warm Green with a Frost finish.
- Buxom Pre-nup — A Cool Green with a Frost finish.
- Giorgio Armani Emeraude (04) — A Cool Green with a Satin finish.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Cosplay — A Cool Green with a Satin finish.
- Make Up For Ever D306 Bottle Green — A Warm Green with a Metallic finish.
- Urban Decay Kush — A Warm Green with a Frost finish.
- NYX Risque — A Cool Green with a Metallic finish.
- Colour Pop Empire — A Warm Green with a Metallic finish.
Sephora + Pantone Universe Color of the Year 2016 Collection
SEPHORA and Pantone proudly introduce the PANTONE Color of the Year 2016 Collection featuring PANTONE Serenity 15-3919 and PANTONE Rose Quartz 13-1520, an extraordinary new assortment of cosmetics for eyes and lips that interprets the colors of innocence and expressionism into a bold new palette of modern watercolors. Now in its fifth year, this collaboration brings SEPHORA’s innovative textures, finishes, and product forms to a limited-edition collection that makes a fearless declaration to embrace the bold and subversive expression of individuality.
“With the whole greater than its individual parts, joined together Serenity and Rose Quartz demonstrate an inherent balance between a warmer embracing rose tone and the cooler tranquil blue, reflecting connection and wellness as well as a soothing sense of order and peace,” said Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute™. “Additionally, we are experiencing a gender blur as it relates to fashion, which has in turn impacted color trends throughout all other areas of design, opening our eyes to different approaches to color usage.”
With Serenity, trailblazers will discover that any color can be worn in any way, anywhere. The soft shade relates well to sister shades of blue, and is elegant with gray, olive, orchid and taupe. It takes on an earthier feel with deep lichen green, sage, cedar, shitake and sepia brown, and is easily compatible with more vibrant greens and yellows.
Traditionalists will find Rose Quartz to be a comforting favorite, pairing well with dove gray, lilac and violet, or juxtaposed against deliciously deep chocolates, greens and apricots. For something more unexpected, turn up the heat with pale gold, and warm tones of peach, orange and tan, or add dramatic contrast with peacock blue and deep jungle greens.
The exclusive cosmetics collection, designed by SEPHORA, evokes the sleek, modern lines of the iconic PANTONE Color Chip with a captivating watercolor design inspired by abstract art. Each item features Sephora Collection’s high performance formulas that offer rich color payoff and a luxurious feel during wear, with refined finishes like matte, shimmer, satin and shine.