Here is a compilation of my favorite budget-friendly lipsticks and lipglosses that I’ve tested over the past year! I’m really excited to have found an affordable, high-quality lip scrub this year. Bonus points for being an indie brand to boot! It does seem like 2013 was the year of bright lipstick–fuchsia, red, and orange!
- Revlon Provocateur ColorBurst Lacquer Balm — a brightened, medium red with light, warm undertones
- Audrey Elizabeth Apothecary Lemon Lip Scrub — an effective, finely milled lip scrub that tastes like lemonade
- NYX Addis Adaba Soft Matte Lip Cream — vibrant, hot pink
- Maybelline Neon Red ColorSensational Vivids Lip Color — brightened, medium-dark orange-red with a glossy sheen
- Maybelline Hot Plum ColorSensational Vivids Lip Color — brightened, magenta pink with a luminous finish
- Milani Sweet Nectar Color Statement Lipstick — medium-dark orange with subtle red undertones
- Maybelline Signature Scarlet Color Elixir Lip Color — a rich, glossy red
- Revlon Vivacious ColorBurst Lacquer Balm — pinky-red with warm undertones
- Maybelline Electric Fuchsia ColorSensational Vivid Lip Color — bright, cool-toned fuchsia with a luminous finish
- Milani Hot Pink Rage Color Statement Lipstick — vibrant, light-medium pink with cool undertones
What were your favorite budget-friendly lipsticks and lipglosses from the past year?
Glittering golds… a go-to for New Year’s Eve, at the very least, but surely just as lovely throughout the winter–if only to brighten up some of those chilly days!
- Lit Cosmetics Rich & Famous — a holographic, glittering gold
- Zoya Kerry — bright, true yellow gold with glitter and sparkle
- Bobbi Brown Canary — a sparkling gold glitter gloss to be worn alone or layered
- Revlon Gold Coin — an almost-cool-toned metallic gold (or for a high-end, Illamasqua Swinger)
- Sugarpill Goldilux — a brightened, metallic, true yellow gold