Prescriptives’ Winter Reflections All-Over Highlighter ($35.00) really got me excited when I first saw it, because it reminded me SO much of Guerlain’s Meteorites (which cost a fortune!). I was eager to try it, and now I can say I have! While they’re really not a dupe for Meteorites (they lack the scent, and Meteorites tend to be very, very sheer and subtle), it’s still a nice holiday highlighter. It’s a strawberry kind of shade – light blusher for tanner skin, but it’ll show up more on lighter skin tones as a nice pink shimmery glow.
See more photos & swatches! Continue reading →
The first frost. Sparkling, sunlit snow. All the best shimmers and shadows of winter are Aglow in Prescriptives new holiday color collection. Shades are infused with light-catching nuances inspired by winter’s frosty effects. Eyes shimmer in glacial mauve and icy platinum with glints of white and deep plum. Cheeks take center-stage with a warm sparkle that is soft and radiant. Lips are enhanced with a glossy high-shine finish. Stay Aglow this season with Prescriptives.
Winter Reflections All-Over Highlighter (Limited) ($35.00 US/$45.00 CAD)
These ultra-luxurious soft powder pearls enhance and illuminate the face and cheeks with a radiant glow. Pearly white, soft beige and a whisper of pink blend together to highlight, define and contour the face with a soft wintry sheen that is flattering to all skin types. The perfect finish to every holiday look, these pearls can be dusted on the face or décolletage for soft radiance or layered on for a more dramatic shimmering effect.
Winter Reflections Eye Color Quad (Limited) ($42.00 US/$54.00 CAD)
- Warm: Chestnut (Limited), Brunette (Limited), Suede (Limited), Banana
- Cool: Oyster (Limited), Twinkle (Limited), Eclipse (Limited), Shell
Colorscope Lipcolor ($17.50 US/$26.00 CAD)
- Golden Quartz (Y/O) (Limited)
- True Bronze (R/O)
- Winter Rose (R) (Limited)
- Wisteria (B/R)
Colorscope Lip Gloss ($17.50 US/$26.00 CAD)
- Twinkling (Y/O) (Limited)
- Peachy (R/O) (Limited)
- Rosy (R) (Limited)
- Icy (B/R) (Limited)
Blush More or Less ($21.50 US/$27.00 CAD)
- Santa Fe Sun (Y/O)
- Sonoma Rose (B/R)
Eye Definer Brush ($19.00 US/$24.00 CAD)
Availability: November 2008 at Prescriptives counters nationwide, exclusively at Holt Renfrew in Canada and www.prescriptives.com.
See more photos… Continue reading →
Prescriptives is having their Friends & Family Event today through the 24th!
Prescriptives’ All Skins Mineral Makeup SPF15 ($32.50) is described as a weightless, long-wearing mineral makeup foundation. It is supposed to be filled with “good-for-you” ingredients. I’ve yet to fall head over heels in love with any mineral foundation; I feel like I get more on my bathroom counter and my shirt (and somehow, I am always wearing black when I try a mineral foundation!) than my face. I also find that loose powders, in general, settle more into the lines and pores of my face, making my skin seem rougher. Prescriptives’ mineral makeup does not share this common trait; I find that it doesn’t settle in the lines around my lips (those pesky smile wrinkles), which is a huge plus for me. So the fact that it doesn’t settle into fine lines makes this a supreme choice for those of us who are experiencing those telltale signs of aging and want to minimize–or at least not emphasize (!)–them.
Continue reading →
Introducing Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Makeup SPF 15
The proven purity and healthy benefits of mineral makeup meet the exact foundation expertise of Prescriptives – introducing Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Makeup SPF 15.
- What’s in it for you? Vitamins, minerals, gems, sun protection – all helping your skin look naturally radiant and unbelievably healthy.
- What’s not in it for you? Oil, talc, fragrance, pore-clogging ingredients – all the things that may make you hesitate about wearing makeup.
- Why gems? Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Makeup is the only mineral makeup that features R.E.C. (Radiance Emitting Crystals – a unique complex of Amethyst, Rose Quartz and Calcite). R.E.C. helps absorb light and gives skin extra radiance and luminosity. The semi-precious gems and minerals help give the makeup a luxuriously silky feel, while the energies of Calcite help give skin a soft, luminous finish as if it were “glowing from within.”
For easy application, use with Prescriptives Round Buff Brush. This short-handled brush easily grabs hold of powder foundation and effortlessly glides across your face.
- 18 shades
- Suitable for all skin types
- Sweat and humidity resistant
- Water resistant
- Dermatologist tested
- Ophthalmologist tested
- Minerals, including Calcite and Mica, and semi-precious gems, including Amethyst and Rose Quartz, provide luminosity and a lightweight feel.
- Squalane and Lecithin provide skin conditioning benefits.
- Silica helps keep skin shine-free.
- Contains antioxidant 2CME, a molecule that combines Vitamin C and E which boosts their effect.
- Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide provide broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15 protection.
Usage: Tap a small amount of All Skins Mineral Makeup SPF 15 into the lid. Swirl the Round Buff Brush in the lid and tap away excess. Apply in a circular motion:
- Start application at the outside of the cheekbone, moving toward the nose and then back.
- Continue from cheekbone downward to jawline and back.
- Follow along the side of the face, forehead and down the nose.
- Repeat for more coverage.
Availability/Pricing: Beginning July 2008 at all Prescriptives counters nationwide, www.prescriptives.com and Holt Renfrew in Canada.
- All Skins Mineral Makeup SPF 15 $32.50 U.S. / $42.00 Canada
- Round Buff Brush $30.00 U.S. / $38.00 Canada
DARING | FALL 2008 | PRESCRIPTIVES
This fall, dare to go soft and neutral or alluring and dramatic with Prescriptives’ Fall 2008 Color Collection. Daring, a textured on-trend color collection of sapphire and amethyst jewel tones, features an intriguing range of shades. Eyes take the spotlight with warm browns, rich sapphire and amethyst tones. Cheeks are natural in soft shades of cherry and pink. Lips are muted in subtle tones of champagne and rose. Show us what your Daring looks like – the choice is yours.
Fall Dimensions Eye Color Quad (Limited Edition) ($42.00)
This specially designed multi-dimensional compact is available in each of Prescriptives’ four Color Families. These pre-filled palettes contain a selection of trendy shades to create a natural, intensified or dramatic look. Each shadow is embossed with a unique design.
- Silver Lining, Purple Haze, Buttermilk, Brownie (Y/O)
- Cobalt, Pongee, Relic, Malt Sparkle (R/O)
- Orchid, Chiffon, Plum Smoke, Fig (R)
- Sparkling Rosé, NEW Blue Moon, NEW Black Tea, Rose Powder (B/R)
See what else is coming up at Prescriptives! Continue reading →