Dior Cruise Collection Vernis
Dior’s 2013 Cruise fashion collection, which featured simple, graphic shades of black, navy and white, conjured up images of the classic Dior “Bar” silhouettes first seen in 1947, which were highlighted by a pop of bright color on the lips and nails. The Dior Cruise Collection Vernis is made up of three exclusive, limited edition shades, Mango (a warm yellow), Pasteque (a watermelon pink) and Lime (a fresh green) to add a perfect complement to the graphic silhouettes seen on the runways. The House of Dior, which was the first couture house to launch a nail varnish in 1962, is now celebrating 50 years of nail lacquers that have since become stand alone fashion accessories.
Vernis ($23.00) (Limited Edition)
- Mango Warm yellow
- Pasteque Watermelon pink
- Lime Fresh green
Availability: Spring 2013, Dior.com, select Dior Boutiques
See more photos!
philosophy The Cookbook Collection
Cook Up Some Holiday Treats
philosophy The Cookbook Collection ($38.00 for 5 x 6 fl. oz.) includes five holiday-themed scents in philosophy’s 3-in-1 gel, which can be used as shampoo, shower gel, or bubble bath. Each year, they put out The Cookbook, and it’s a great gift to give/receive. I actually like philosophy’s smaller bottles, because they use a softer, frosted plastic, which makes it easier to squeeze out the product, compared to the larger bottles, which use a harder, clear plastic.
- Old Fashioned Eggnog is sweet and creamy with lots of vanilla and a smidgen of spice.
- Hot Buttered Rum is warm, buttery, and caramel-like sweetness. It was the sweetest, most powerful scent out of the five.
- Peppermint Bark sweetened chocolate and mint–it’s exactly as described (well, all of these are!).
- Cinnamon Buns is creamy with sugar and cinnamon. It’s not quite as potent as the smell when you walk by a Cinnabon, but it’s similar.
- Spicy Pear Cobbler is all tart, crisp pear. I didn’t get the cobbler part; it doesn’t smell like a baked good, just fruity with more tartness than sweetness. It was the scent that I liked the most, actually, out of the five–very refreshing to use in the morning.
These are weakest as shampoos; they cleanse, but I feel like they’re really basic and probably won’t be a go-to shampoo for anyone with picky hair. They definitely don’t lather as much as a shampoo as they do as a bubble bath or shower gel. I very rarely take baths, so I tend to use these as shower gels. It takes two of us a couple of months to get through one 16 fl. oz. bottle–about a month for these smaller ones–so the cost-per-use stretches quite a bit. The formula lathers up well, rinses cleanly off without drying out the skin, and they really scent up the shower. The scents do not linger on the skin once washed out, which may be something you want or don’t want.
See more photos!
China Glaze Cirque du Soleil Worlds Away Collection
China Glaze® and Ardell® announced today their partnership with Paramount Pictures to offer exclusive collections of nail polishes and eyelashes inspired by the upcoming 3D film, “Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away” in theaters December 21st.
From the big top to the big screen, visionary filmmaker James Cameron and writer/director Andrew Adamson invite you on an all new 3D adventure: “Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away.” A young couple who is separated must journey through the astonishing and dreamlike worlds of Cirque du Soleil® to find each other as audiences experience the immersive 3D technology that will allow them to leap, soar, swim and dance with the performers.
The new China Glaze® and Ardell® “Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away” inspired nail polish and eyelash collections will bring to life the wonderfully exotic artistry that is presented throughout the film. The China Glaze® nail polish collection combines rich crèmes, soft shimmers and bold glitters to create 12 limited edition shades.
Nail Lacquers ($7.00)
- Whirled Away Black and white collage glitter
- It’s a Trap-eze White cream base with multi glitter
- Escaping Reality Neon raspberry pink
- Surreal Appeal Rich coral crème
- Def Defying Lime green crème
- Running in Circles Cilantro green shimmer
- Hanging in the Balance Cerulean blue crème
- Water You Waiting For Shimmering blue green purple
- Creative Fantasy Grape neon
- Bend Over Backwards Pepper red shimmer
- Igniting Love Hot tamale red crème
- Get Carried Away Multi-sized black and red collage glitter with black crème
Availability: First week of December 2012 at salons and specialty beauty retailers nationwide, including Sally Beauty Supply and ULTA stores. Individual nail polish shades will retail for $7; eyelash styles will retail for $6.