Elizabeth Arden offers two delectable shades for fall in Color Intrigue Effects Lipstick Cayenne Pearl and Cranberry Cream ($19.50). I like Cayenne Pearl for a great reddish coral color — almost a brick-brown red, but not at all in-your-face. Cranberry Cream is a raspberryish hue, not too intense, which makes it a nice every day shade for those looking for something less natural, more pigmented–but not over the top.
The Color Intrigue Effects Lipstick line has very subtle sheen and shimmer. Both shades I tried were well pigmented and creamy, both characteristics I look for in a good lipstick! It wore well throughout the day, and it faded after a few hours (as to be expected when worn alone and eating!), but I didn’t get left with a ring around my lips, thankfully!
See skin swatches and lip swatches! Continue reading →
M.A.C has always used minerals in its make-up products but the introduction of Mineralize called for the development of special formulations and innovative techniques, said Nick Gavrelis, the company’s vice president director of global product development.
“These new methods have allowed us to create baked, loose and fluid MIneralize products.
“The formulas in the baked products (Mineralize Skinfinish, Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, Mineralize Blush, Mineralize Eye Shadow), for instance, are free of traditional binders found in pressed powders.
“They’re baked for 24 hours on terracotta tiles and the result is super skin adhesion, pure colour, luminous dimension and a luxurious light finish.”
Learn more about the MAC’s partnership with Clavis Cosmetics to create their baked mineral products by reading the full article.
Visit here to see a quick video clip on the mineral making process!
shu uemura for Holiday 2008
- Gloss Unlimited Mini Trio Set in Delicious Rose ($40.00)
- Gloss Unlimited Mini Trio Set in Seductive Gerbera ($40.00)
- Eye Color Palette in Secret Luscious Rose ($65.00)
- Eye Color Palette in Adorned Marguerite ($65.00)
- Eye Color Palette in Midnight Winter Sakura
- Drawing Pencil Mini Trio Set ($35.00)
- Mika Portable Brush Set ($85.00)
Now available at Nordstrom.com.
See more photos! Continue reading →
Laura Mercier for Holiday 2008
- Eye Colour Palette ($48.00)
- Master Tool Box ($68.00)
- Mini Lip Colour Palette ($40.00)
- Mini Lip Glace Set ($40.00)
- Petite Eye Palette – Celestial Nights ($28.00)
- Petite Eye Palette – Stellar Nights ($28.00)
- Mini Brush Set ($80.00)
Too Faced’s “What A Girl Wants” Holiday 2008 Offerings
- Naughty or Nice Set ($29.50)
- Mini Starry Eyed Liner Set ($25.00)
- Mini Mirror Mirror Gloss Set ($25.00)
- Jewelry Box Pink Diamond Edition ($39.50)
- Glamour To Go Set ($19.50)
- Too Faced Loves Kipling Glamour-Eyes Collection ($29.50)
Available at www.toofaced.com!
See more photos… Continue reading →