MAC @ Diane Von Furstenberg
“The look was pulled from Studio 54: 70s winged eye, sexy, iridescent – like a goddess.” - James Kaliardos
- Eyes: MAC Pro Crème Liner in Black – Applied to the eye area, eyelid to brow bone. MAC Pro Pigment in Corn Flower – Brushed out from the inner eye corner on the lower lash line using a MAC 213 brush. MAC Pro Glitter in 3D Silver – Layered over the pigment in the inner corner of the eye. Zoom Lash Mascara in Zoomblack – Copiously applied to the lash. Eye Kohl in Smolder – To line the lower inner rim of the eye.
- Face: Studio Sculpt Foundation – Applied to the entire face, for natural yet flawless skin. Select Moisturecover Concealer – Applied where needed. Shading Powder in Sculpt and Lightsweep – Lightly brushed along the cheekbones and temple area. Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder – Swept across the skin to set the foundation for a matte face.
- Lip: MAC Pro Lip Erase in Dim – Applied to the lip.
MAC @ Herve Leger
“It’s all old-school glam: Sharp, sophisticated and strong to compliment the collection.” – Lisa Butler
- Eyes: Cream Colour base in Tint, Dusk (Pro Only) and Fawntastic – Applied to the inner brown corner where needed. Technakohl Eye Liner in Plank – Used to line the lower lash line.
- Face: Full Coverage Foundation and Strobe Cream – Blended together and applied to entire face for a sheer coverage.
- Lip: Lipstick in Lady Danger – Applied inside the natural lip line for an angular shape.
NARS @ Thakoon
Chopinot & Gaultier’s Le Défilé. “I was inspired by the costumes used in this show and wanted to create a collection that reflected that same era but without the goth element,” said designer Thakoon Panichgul.
“The look is fresh, beautiful, luminous and quite confident,” said lead NARS artist Diane Kendal about the look. “We focused on a strong brow and highlighted the eyes to show depth and boldness in a way that wouldn’t fight with the various textures, layers and colors of the collection.”
Face: Douceur Blush (NEW for Fall 2010); try Lovejoy or Madly Blush for a similar effect
Eyes: Coconut Grove Single Eyeshadow (NEW for Fall 2010); try Bali Single Eyeshadow for a similar effect. Tzarine Duo Eyeshadow (NEW for Fall 2010); try the Orgasm Illuminator on brow bones for a similar effect. Portobello Duo Eyeshadow.
Lips: Tashkent Pure Matte Lipstick (NEW for Fall 2010); try Belle de Jour Velvet Matte Lip Pencil for a similar effect.
Benefit I’m With the Band Lipgloss
The Spring Season: Benefit I’m With the Band Lipgloss
Benefit I’m With the Band Lip Gloss ($19.00) is an ultra shimmery golden peach pink mauve. No, seriously. This is one of those glosses that’s going to look just a little different from person to person, depending on your natural lip color. It has a serious gold shimmer to it, though, no matter how you slice it. On me, it’s a sheer pink color base with glimmering gold shimmer. It’s very pretty when worn alone or on top of a lipstick. Benefit glosses are on the thinner side, but you can get a surprisingly amount of shimmer with just a lil’ bit of gloss in this one. Their gloss is non-sticky, almost lightly creamy, and I couldn’t detect any real scent. Definitely one of my favorite Benefit lipglosses!
Is this the perfect gloss for you? Would you wear it?
The Spring Season is a series of posts featuring my favorite soft beige, coral, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for the first blossom of spring — that runs through March 2010.
MAC Too Fabulous Collection: Mineralize Blushes
Just a little sneak peek at things to come… (And yes, there is one missing — Two Virtues.)
Bobbi Brown Cabana Corals Collection: A Little Lip Color
Bobbi Brown Cabana Corals Collection includes two new shades of Lip Color (Cabo Coral – a warm pink coral; Guava – a medium tone nectar) and three new shades of Metallic Lip Color (Calypso Glaze — a golden pink; Coral Glaze — a nude nectar; and Coral Reef — a medium pink coral). All five new lipstick shades are $22 each with 0.12 oz. of product per lipstick. From Bobbi Brown’s website, Cabo Coral and Coral Glaze are limited edition.
I received three of them to test-drive, and my favorite was definitely Cabo Coral, but I like my lipsticks creamy and pigmented… so it wasn’t even much of a contest!
- Cabo Coral is a creamy, richly pigmented orange-coral with soft, frosty sheen. Totally full coverage once applied to lips (my first ultra pigmented Bobbi Brown lipstick!).
- Coral Reef is a semi-sheer orange-coral with a shimmery, frosty sheen. Applied to lips, it’s a very light coral and more of a golden shimmer-sheen.
- Coral Glaze is a more muted orange-coral in comparison to Coral Reef (but both are similar to each other). The shimmer-sheen in this one, once applied, is more muted and has a more champagne-coral feel.
Any of these catch your fancy?
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 27/30
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: If you’ve always wanted to wear coral, but you couldn’t find the right shade, Bobbi Brown has five different versions to check out.