La Prairie Midnight Blues Collection for Fall 2010
From morning to midnight, La Prairie has your colour needs covered, with sensual shades for the eyes, cheeks and lips that conjure visions of Paris nightlife, off the beaten path cabarets and all that jazz. It’s about understated sexiness, in the form of berry and plum lips, warm cheeks and a sultry, smoky eye in unexpected colour combinations of blues and violets.
Says noted New York City makeup artist, founder of Cheek to Chic makeup consultancy and La Prairie Colour Ambassador Raychel Wade, “Fall is a time when women reach for rich makeup colours, and “Midnight Blues” delivers just that! Using deep blues and cool pinks is a great way to accentuate and enhance your natural look, and this colour palette provides endless possibilities to create just the right amount of drama, so people notice you and not just your makeup!”
“Our customers crave a bit of sensuality in colour, along with science in skincare, so we work tirelessly to deliver both. Our “Midnight Blues” collection weaves together a beautiful story of sultry nights that is sure to strike a chord with women,” says La Prairie President Lynne Florio.
Cellular Treatment Eye Colour Ensemble ($70.00) (New & Limited Edition)
- Midnight Blues A quad of slate blue, midnight navy, violet grey and lilac along with a black powder eye liner shade
Luxe Eye Definer ($50.00) (New & Limited Edition)
A wood pencil with a hybrid Kohl formula that feels soft and smooth, ideal for lining both inside the lid and outside. The dual-ended pencil has waterproof colour on one end and a smudge tip on the other and comes with a pencil sharpener for ultra convenience.
- Midnight Violet
- Midnight Blue
- Midnight Noir
Cellular Treatment Powder Blush ($55.00)
Cellular Luxe Lip Colour ($55.00)
- Quiet Berry Cinnamon
- Midnight Rose Bold, vibrant blue-toned rose
- Midnight Plum Raisin plum
- Evening Nude Warm, shimmering nude
- Twilight Blush Universally flattering, everyday pink
Luxe Lip Definer ($50.00) (New & Limited Edition)
- Cocoa Spice Warm, spicy nude
- Twilight Fig Muted plum
- Evening Rose Vibrant rose
Availability: August 2010 at Bergdorf Goodman, Bloomingdale’s, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue and www.laprairie.com.
MAC Alice + Olivia Collection for Summer 2010
U.S. Launch Date: July 8th, 2010 @ MAC Freestanding Stores and Online
International Launch Date: August 2010 (Japan & Korea only)
“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn’t. And contrary-wise, what it is, it wouldn’t be, what it wouldn’t be, it would. You see?” — alice + olivia \ Stacey Bendet, new York native, downtown-fashionista, all-around fun girl, and the sum total of design line alice + olivia, MAC’s latest collaborator.
A frump-fighting, pro-pixie, anti-seriousness collection of colour that includes new takes on Dazzleglass Creme, So Rich So Pretty Nail Lacquer and Partylicious Pigments…
hip + happy = alice + olivia for MAC.
Dazzleglass Creme ($18.00 U.S. / $21.50 CDN)
- Sparklicious Creamy pale pinky white with soft multi-dimensional pearl (Limited Edition)
- If it’s Pink… Hot pink with soft multi-dimensional pearl (Limited Edition)
- I.Want.Candy. Hot yellow with soft multi-dimensional pearl (Limited Edition)
Pigment ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Later. Black with transforming purple pearl (Limited Edition)
- If It Sparkles… White with transforming pink pearl (Limited Edition)
- Partylicious Turquoise with silver pearl (Limited Edition)
Nail Lacquer ($12.00 U.S. / $14.50 CDN)
- Morning.After. Creamy turquoise (Cream) (Limited Edition)
- So Rich So Pretty Bright purple with pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Military Black matte with silver suede pearl (Matte with Pearl) (Limited Edition)
See more photos and Q&A with Stacey! Continue reading →
Estee Lauder Blue Dahlia Collection for Fall 2010
“The beauty of the palettes is that you can create many looks ranging from neutral to dramatic. For a neutral look, use shades 1 and 3. To add more color, blend shades 2 and 4 to your desired intensity and line the eye with shade 5. I want women to play and have fun with the colors!” – Tom Pecheux, Creative Makeup Director, Estée Lauder
Introducing the new vision in color for the Fall 2010 season, the Blue Dahlia Pure Color Collection for smoldering eyes, shimmering lips and bold nails. Estée Lauder Creative Makeup Director Tom Pecheux debuted his inspiration for this collection backstage at the Derek Lam Autumn/Winter 2010 Fashion Show. At the “Myth of the West” themed show, Tom created a strong, intensely energetic look that perfectly tied together the design and fantasy of the clothing. The complete makeup collection includes two distinct looks as well as two complimentary lip products that create a visionary, avant-garde look with a touch of whimsical glamour.
“The blues and purples in the collection are iconic colors for autumn and winter. I like to give women choices in the way that they look. From a neutral to a smoky to a fashionable, strong look, these shades can be used with them all.” – Tom Pecheux, Creative Makeup Director, Estée Lauder
Look 1: Blue Dahlia
- Blue Dahlia Pure Color Five Color EyeShadow Palette ($40.00)
- Rose Dusk / Night Bloom Pure Color Gloss Stick ($18.50 each)
- Rock Candy / Twilight Petal Pure Color Gloss ($20.00 each)
- Twilight Rose / Sepia Sand Pure Color EyeShadow Single ($20.00 each)
- Blue Dahlia Pure Color Nail Lacquer ($18.00)
Look 2: Surreal Violet
- Surreal Violet Pure Color Five Color EyeShadow Palette ($40.00)
- Orchid Dream / Mauve Mirage Pure Color Gloss Stick ($18.50 each)
- Raspberry Pop / Star Pink Pure Color Gloss ($20.00 each)
- Enchanted Meadow / Emerald Star Pure Color EyeShadow Single ($20.00 each)
- Surreal Violet Pure Color Nail Lacquer ($18.00)
Complimentary Products for Lips
- Midnight Bloom Pure Color Gloss Stick ($18.50)
- Midnight Bloom Pure Color Gloss ($18.00)
Availability: The Blue Dahlia Pure Color Fall 2010 collection will be available for a limited time at all Estée Lauder counters nationwide and www.esteelauder.com starting in July 2010.
Chanel Taupe Gris Eyeshadow
It’s Taupe, It’s Gray, It’s Taupe Gris!
In addition to Vert Khaki, Chanel will launch Taupe Gris ($28.50 for 0.07 oz.) with their fall collection. The name is completely spot-on–it’s a grayed taupe brown with a soft sheen. It has the same silky smooth texture of Chanel’s single eyeshadows, and while the pigmentation is there, it’s not quite as rich as Vert Khaki’s. Fans of shades like MAC Smoke & Diamonds and Stila’s Lil’ Diamond may want to consider adding this smoky taupe shade to their collection.
I like Taupe Gris for a subtler smoky eye–when you don’t want to go silver and gray and black. It can work well with plums and burgundies, as it almost looks like it takes on a purple tone when paired with them. Similarly, it is just as nice to add darkness to the crease in a smoky brown eye, too.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 27/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: The formula is good but not quite as great as I’d expect from Chanel. It’s just a little sheerer than other single shades, but it’s still smooth and buttery, and on the lid, the pigmentation difference is further minimized as it blends out beautifully.
AVAILABILITY: July 2010
The Summer Season: Milani Cabana Coral Lipstick
Milani Cabana Coral Lipstick ($4.99) is a shimmering coral-orange with a frosty golden shimmer-sheen. It’s nearly opaque, and it’s bright without being blinding. It wears for two to three hours, but the formula is smooth, rich in color, and lightweight on lips. I like that it’s noticeably orange, but it’s a lot more wearable than true oranges.
Is this the right coral for you? Would you wear it?
The Summer Season is a series of posts featuring bright, vibrant shades of coral, orange, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for a summer of fun — that runs through July 2010.
Dior Fall 2010 Beauty & Makeup Collection
“Dior women are not shy, they’re modern and daring,” says John Galliano. The Dior fall color collection pays tribute to this idea of unabashed femininity with shades of sensual mauve, deep purple and smoky charcoal and grey tones. The eyes are the focal point of the look: endless and full lashes, mysterious, smoky lids and soft, pink hues for the lips.
Dior 2-Colour Logomania Collector’s Edition in Silver Screen #085 ($38.00)
Embossed with the Dior “Logomania” pattern, this limited edition 2-Colour shade plays with highlighting silver and sparkling black shades to light up the eyes with a dramatic, shimmering effect.
- Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Misty Mauve #844 (except Sephora) ($58.00)
- Dior 5-Colour Designer Eyeshadow in Pink Design #808 ($58.00)
- Dior Serum de Rouge in Pearly Pink Serum #470 (except Sephora) ($32.00)
- Dior Serum de Rouge in Radiant Pink Serum #560 ($32.00)
- Dior Serum de Rouge in Pink Diva Serum #670 ($32.00)
- Dior Serum de Rouge in Ruby Serum #870 ($32.00)
- Dior Serum de Rouge in Plum Serum #880 ($32.00)
- Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss in Tailored Mauve #692 ($26.50)
- Dior Addict Lipcolor in Spectacular Mauve #694 (except Sephora) ($26.00)
- Dior Addict Lipcolor in Technicolor Red #873 ($26.00)
- Dior Vernis in Cherry Blossom #386 (Sephora Exclusive) ($21.00)
- Dior Vernis in Black Sequins #905 (except Sephora) ($21.00)
Availability: August 2010
See more photos! Continue reading →