Win the Look @ Mara Hoffman with Make Up For Ever + Tresemme!
Congratulations to Helen!
Make Up For Ever Alliance artist, Lottie, served as key make up artist for the Mara Hoffman show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami. Mara Hoffman’s collection celebrates life and spirituality and the make up reflects this ideal. These are women who are not afraid to be strong and feminine all at once and can show their individuality.
- Cheeks: The skin was modern with a glowing complexion. Lottie applied MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation to give the models a flawless canvas. Next, Lottie created beautiful flushed cheeks using MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Blush and MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Bronze.
- Eyes: Lottie created a “blessing” like smudge between the eyes using neon orange MAKE UP FOR EVER Wet Make Up for a strong look. The brows were sculpted straight, almost masculine in shape, and the eyes were lined with heavy black using MAKE UP FOR EVER Khol Pencil #1K. She also added a thick coat of MAKE UP FOR EVER Smoky Lash Mascara.
- Lips: The lips boasted next to nothing color using MAKE UP FOR EVER Glossy Full Couleur #10, a sheer peach.
Mara’s gorgeous prints and designs evoked a very spiritual, ethnic feel. TRESemmé Stylist Elsa Canedo, the lead stylist for the show, created earthy fishtail braids to match the inspiration. The overall style is meant to have lots of texture and to look effortless without being too polished. See below for steps on how to recreate the look:
- Create a middle part and divide hair into sections
- Prep each section with TRESemmé Thermal Creations Curl Activator Spray, then curl using a 1″ barrel curling iron and pin to the head
- Once all sections are completed, take out the pins and brush the curls with a paddle brush
- Flip your head upside down and spray TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo throughout hair for added texture, lightly combing the product through with your fingers
- Flipping your head upright, divide hair into two sections down the middle of the head, and begin to create two French braids, starting at the top of the head to the base of the neck
- From the base of the neck, create two fishtails braids, and secure them with clear elastics, leaving some length on the ends loose
- Lightly rough up hair at the top of the head, pulling a few pieces loose with your fingers, and finish by lightly applying TRESemmé No-Frizz Secret Smoothing Créme in a backwards motion
- Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Blush #7 ($25.00)
- Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara ($22.00)
- Make Up For Ever Glossy Full Couleur #10 ($18.00)
- TRESemmé Thermal Creations Curl Activator Spray ($4.49)
- TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo ($4.99)
- TRESemmé Anti-Frizz Secret Smoothing Créme ($4.49)
- Giveaway is only open to U.S. residents only.
- Leave a comment on this post telling me which product you would use first!
See face chart and contest rules!
Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Eyeshadow Palette – Now @ ULTA!
It is BACK online at ULTA! Looks like it’s sold out again. I know many of you weren’t able to snag it when it first launched on urbandecay.com, and so I wanted to notify you. And some good news for anyone worried about eBay scalpers–Ulta is limiting it to one per customer.
P.S. — In more news, you can now sign up to be notified about the restocking of MAC Bloggers’ Obsessions collection. The skeptic in me still says that email will go out after it is purchasable.