Iswii.net has these fantastic images taken from an unveiling of a MAC S/S2009 show. I don’t know much else, considering I don’t know a lick of Chinese, LOL. Any translators? P.S. – It looks like a MSF from BBR is acting as a placeholder on the HK display.
So, still excited for HK? Less excited? MORE?
See five more images! Continue reading →
Last week, I reviewed Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin ($17.00). Several commenters expressed interested in purchasing the new UDPP shade, and while it doesn’t officially come out until February… Sephora has made it available to beauty insiders! You can head on over to Sephora.com
and sign up to be a beauty insider (it’s free) so you can take advantage of this little perk
You read right–Barbie Loves Stila launched this morning on Sephora, and they’re now ready to be purchased by you and yours. I’ll be abstaining myself, though the Talking Palette is mighty tempting. I hope you’ll all send in photos and swatches and whathaveyou when you get yours Shop Sephora.com to purchase!
Barbie Loves Stila Talking Palette ($40.00)
Palette features four pretty in pink (and purple) wet/dry eyeshadows that create the classic Barbie eye look. The best part? It’s foolproof! It literally talks you through every step of easy application and there’s even an insert card with instructions on step-by-step makeup application, as well as information on Barbie through the decades. Palette includes shadows in cool pink shimmer (base), bright lilac with gold sparkle (lid), deep pink (crease), and dark purple with blue sparkle (liner).
Barbie Loves Stila Paint Can 1959 #1 Ponytail Doll ($40.00)
- 3 Pan Palette with a deep blue eyeshadow with white shimmer,a matte black eyeshadow, and a luminous coral cheek color
- Lip Color in Ponytail (matte cherry red)
- Liquid Eye Liner in Black
Barbie Loves Stila Paint Can 1971 Malibu Doll ($40.00)
- 3 Pan Palette with a soft shimmering pale pink eyeshadow, a sky blue eyeshadow with white shimmer, and a golden bronze bronzer
- Lip Glaze in Malibu (pale pinky peach)
- Lash Visor Waterproof Mascara in Black
Barbie Loves Stila Paint Can 1980 Foxy Doll ($40.00)
- Sky blue eyeshadow with white shimmer (**Sephora says this, but I don’t see it in the photo!)
- Soft pale pink eyeshadowwith pink and white shimmer
- Golden bronze bronzer with gold shimmer
- Lip Glaze Malibu (pale pinky-peach)
- Lash Visor Waterproof Mascara Black
Barbie Loves Stila Paint Can 2000 Jewel Doll ($40.00)
- 3 Pan Palette with a tan eyeshadow with pink shimmer, a brown eyeshadow with gold and brown shimmer, and a shimmering pink cheek color
- Lip Glaze in Jewel (shimmering vivid pink)
- Multi-effect Mascara in Black
Bobbi Brown Blushed Pink Collection for Spring 2009
- Silver Moon
- Nude Pink Lip Gloss
- Baby Glitter Lip Gloss
- Blush Pink Creamy Lip Color
Available: Spring 2009
See more images… Continue reading →
Giorgio Armani Pink Light Spring 2009 Collection
- Pink Light Eye Palette ($58.00)
- Micro-fil Loose Powder ($48.00) (Available in 3)
- Light Master Primer ($55.00)
- Blending Blush Duo ($60.00) (Available in 3 and 4)
- Lip Wax ($26.00) (Shade 7)
- Armani Silk Lipstick ($25.00) (Shade 89 and 91)
Available: Now at GiorgioArmaniBeauty.com.
See more images… Continue reading →
Lip Plumpers: Pink Pearl, Rose Flush, Peach Glow;
Palette: Buff, Tawny Apricot, Granite; Blushing Peach, Blushing Pink
Laura Mercier’s First Blush Collection recently debuted at retailers and Nordstrom.com. I believe just this morning it launched on LauraMercier.com, as well! It’s a fairly small launch, relative to many of the other major beauty brands this season, with just a palette, brush set, three lip plumpers, and two nail polishes.
The First Blush Palette ($55.00) contains three eyeshadows (Buff, Tawny Apricot, and Granite), two blushes (Blushing Peach and Blushing Pink), and three lip glazes (Flushed, Natural, and Naked). My favorites of the palette are both blushes; they’re both soft, smooth powder blushes in complimentary tones. The peach is soft and light, while the pink is pretty neutral and subtle. The eyeshadows didn’t impress me overly so, as I’ve definitely seen these shades many times before. Buff was a little chalky, which totally turned me off. The lip glazes were pretty, but I imagine they are at least semi-sheer when actually applied to lips (my swatches ran thicker). The shades of lip glazes are flattering on most skin tones, and they’re soft and springy for sure.
The First Blush Lip Plumpers ($30.00 each) are pretty, but with a price tag like that, I had to pass. I don’t need a lip plumper, so I see no reason to pay that much for a Laura Mercier gloss (their Lip Glace is $22 a pop). Pink Pearl is a sheer, pastel pink–not terribly unique–but it’s a face friendly color that works easily and can be used everyday. Rose Flush is a brownish red that goes on sheer and glossy. Similarly, Peach Glow is just as glossy, but the color is a brighter coral-orange shade.
I didn’t have much time to play with the brush set, though from what I could tell, it felt nice enough. I have plenty of brush sets myself, so I don’t see myself buying more at this time, which is probably why I didn’t fight through the crowd at the Laura Mercier counter to see them better! The nail lacquers were also being used, but they were both soft, subtle shades designed with spring in mind.
See more swatches… Continue reading →