Make Up For Ever @ Cia.Maritima / Getty Images
Make Up For Ever @ Miami Swim Week 2012 – The Looks & Giveaway!
MAKE UP FOR EVER was hard at work creating the looks at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami. To celebrate, we’ve teamed up with Make Up For Ever to host this amazing giveaway of their bestselling Aqua products that were used during the shows (valued at $186!).
Backstage @ Cia.Maritima
Make Up For Ever Alliance artist, James Vincent, served as key make up artist for the Cia.Maritima fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami. James created an easy yet elegant look that would be suitable for either a chic beach day or an exquisite evening out.
- Face: James applied MAKE UP FOR EVER Face & Body Foundation to even out skin tone while keeping the coverage sheer. To give a glow that flushes through the skin, he used MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Blush #4 on the apples of the cheeks and MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Blush #6 at the high point of the cheekbones for warmth underneath the foundation. He finished by adding MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Bronze to any areas on the face that the sun would hit.
- Eyes: James kept the brows simply groomed and brushed MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Cream #13 in warm beige with a spoolie brush through them to create a beautiful ombre effect. For the lids, James applied MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Shadow #28E in pearly beige and #20E in pearly taupe, and finished with a touch of MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Powder #940 in the center of the eye for a soft and open look. For the lashes, he applied MAKE UP FOR EVER Individual Faux Lash #9 along the lash line and MAKE UP FOR EVER Smoky Lash #3 in deep brown to keep the look young and fresh.
- Lips: James used MAKE UP FOR EVER Lab Shine in sheer bright peach and pink shades to polish the pout.
See the rest of the looks and more photos!
Giorgio Armani Fall 2012 Collection
This fall, Giorgio Armani reinvents texture; his unique vision of color and shapes play a masculine aesthetic against elegant femininity. Perfectly harmonized shades are revisited in a neo-classic way to add a sultry decadence to eyes.
Rouge d’Armani Lipstick ($30.00)
Yeux Teint Face & Eye Palette ($88.00)
- Neo Black Ideal for creating a highly sophisticated look. The easy to wear, sheer, beige blush illuminates the complexion for a naturally highlighted, incandescent complexion any time of day. Includes three, coordinating eyeshadows.
- Neo Brown For a glamorous look that plays on nature’s palette of autumnal tones. The sheer rose blush is ideal for shaping the complexion with a luminous veil of rosy pink. Includes three coordinating eyeshadows.
Giorgio Armani Acqua Collection
Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadow ($32.00) (Limited Edition)
Eyes to Kill Waterproof Liner ($28.00) (Limited Edition)
Eyes to Kill Waterproof Mascara ($30.00) (Limited Edition)
- Steel Black
Availability: Now @ Nordstrom
See more photos!
Beautiful Beginnings with CoverGirl
What was the first CoverGirl product you ever tried? Did it pave way for a real romance or did it put you off the brand entirely? What was the first product you purchased? Did you love it? Hate it? Still own it?
my answer: I can’t remember if I had tried anything prior to the blog, though I feel like I must have. The first product I reviewed was the Smoky ShadowBlast. I remember being most impressed by their LiquilineBlast eyeliners, though. Those were really fun!