Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation ($40.00 for 1.01 oz.) is easily one of the more famous products produced by the brand. It is designed to create a “soft focus” effect when used while providing medium-to-full coverage for a flawless look. It is touted as an oil-free liquid foundation that works to make you look your best in even the harshest lighting.
Funny enough, I’ve had this foundation for a few months now, and I didn’t like enough to actually use it more than a handful of times after I initially purchased it as a local Sephora. To me, it didn’t do anything that my MAC Studio Fix Fluid wasn’t already doing. (Studio Fix Fluid is a good deal cheaper — $26.00 for 1.0 oz.!) In the spirit of 30 Days of Make Up For Ever, though, I figured I should give it another shot! For reference, the shade I was matched with and own is #140, which is described as “soft beige, for medium skin with dark yellow undertones.” In MAC, I am typically NC30. There are twenty-five shades available, so there is a good range of skin tones covered.
Read on for the review! Continue reading →
Make Up For Ever #83 Eyeshadow
Time for some blues, methinks!
- #83 is a aqua-blue base with greenish-gold sheen and soft blue shimmer. I thought this color was incredibly pretty, and it is probably one of my favorites from all of the eyeshadows I purchased!
- #147 is a dark, grayish-brown blue shade with low shimmer–kind of more of a satiny feel. It’s too similar to #81 to merit owning both, in my opinion. I’d say stick with #147 over #81, as well, just because the pigmentation and smoothness is better in #147.
- #60 is a ultra deep matte navy blue with just a hint of green in its tone (it just seems to run a little green-blue rather than deep dark blue). Smooth and soft, richly pigmented.
- #81 is a shimmery, dark grayish-blue base with brighter blue sheen and shimmer. I found this one wasn’t as pigmented as I’d like it to be. It was a little lighter, sheerer.
- #308 is a shimmery, dark blue with brighter blue sheen. It reminded me of MAC Deep Truth eyeshadow with less frostiness.
Which of these are your favorites?
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Crazy Haute Lipglass
MAC Cosmetics Colour Craft Collection – Lipglass Lip Swatches
And here are the swatches of the lipglasses on lips! Continue reading →
Trimming Talk Lipstick
MAC Cosmetics Colour Craft Collection – Lipstick Lip Swatches
As promised, here are lip swatches of the new lipsticks! Continue reading →
Urban Decay Fall 2009 Product Launches
Ink for Eyes ($22.00)
It’s everything you want in a cream eyeliner! More precise than a pencil, more forgiving than a liquid, this super-smooth formula offers more control, play time, and buildable coverage than your average liner. Create razor-sharp lines or smoky bedroom eyes… the creamy formula and double-ended applicator make it easy. Try the angled liner brush for precise details, or use the smudger for blending and drama. With such a wide variety of intriguing shades and ways to apply, you’re only limited by your imagination. (Cheesy, but true.)
- Binge Midnight blue
- Demolition Brown
- Empire Eggplant
- Loaded Deep green
- Pyrotechnics Iridescent glitter, clear base
- Zero Black
24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencils ($16.00)
- Paranoid Dark pinky nude
- Wallflower Medium nude
Deluxe Eyeshadow ($18.00)
- Freakshow Deep purple with red sheen (Shimmer)
- Frigid Deep purple with blue sheen (Shimmer)
- Ruthless Pale sandy taupe shimmer (Shimmer)
- Confession Deep burgundy
- Naked Creamy pink nude
- Oil Slick Glossy black infused with microsparkle
Check out what new Primer Potions they’re adding — plus Surreal Skin! Continue reading →
Illamasqua Coming to Sephora July 21st
At long last, the uber-artistic Brit beauty brand Illamasqua is making its way to U.S. shores via yours truly — Sephora! (Who else did ya think?) As expected, in-the-know beauty junkies across the nation obsessed with the brand knew it was just a matter of time before their pretty wishes would come true. Known for their night time makeup and dark, artistic persona (think 1920′s Berlin), Illamasqua is all about individuality and, as they say, “finding your alter ego.” Expect the unexpected with this makeup line: emerald polishes, beyond swoopy false lashes, plum-black lip shades, and stage-worthy eye makeup in vivid, dance club-worthy colors. Think of it as your ultimate nighttime makeup brand. Shop the entire line July 21st on Sephora.com, or at our new Times Square store on July 30. It’ll also be available in more stores come Fall. Want a sneak peek? Check out these gorgeous looks we’re featuring on their Brand Boutique on Sephora.com. SO gorgeous, right? I am totally rockin’ those emerald digits and baby blue lashes. Sigh. Can’t wait.