Get Ready for Hello Kitty!
Avoid the wait, pre-order with Nordstrom. Don’t miss Temptalia’s coverage on all that is Hello Kitty this past week!
Lipsticks Swatched on Lips
Lipglasses Swatched on Lips
Lavender Whip vs. Fun Fun vs. Fashion Mews
Packaging Product Photos
Eyeshadow Palettes, Glitter Liners, Pigments Product Photos
Lipsticks & Lipglasses Product Photos
Face/Nail Product Photos
MAC’s Hello Kitty Collection launches officially in-stores on February 12th, 2009. It will be available online on February 10th, 2009 at www.maccosmetics.com. You can also pre-order via Nordstrom’s now.
For those who wanted to try to replicate the promo photo for Cremeteam, this is as close as I could get. This is Lavender Whip lipstick with Ever So Rich cremesheen glass on top. The photo above is with a layer of Lip Erase underneath everything, and the photo behind the cut is without Lip Erase! Continue reading →
(Not official promo image!)
MAC Cosmetics Sugarsweet Collection
Launch Date: March 19th, 2009 (North America), April 2009 (International)
Who cares if the candy man can… it’s the cupcake ingenue who’s caught the sweet spot this season. Temptation is everywhere – luscious, whipped-cream decadent, deliciously decorative frosting colours and sugared almond combinations. Like peering through the window of a Parisian patisserie, you’ll want to become one of each! Have fun with a new Red Velvet recipe Shadestick. Tricolour Lipglass is like a mille feuille of layered lip gloss colours, each gives way to the next in a triple-layered pearl-swirl of prettiness; add extra yum to Eye Shadow; Perfect Topping Mineralize Skinfinish is the ultimate cake walk. We could eat you up.
- Sweet Thing Mid-tone magenta with multi dimensional pearl (Lustre)
- Bubbles Sheer frosty white beige (Glaze) (Repromote)
- Touch Peachy cinnamon (Lustre) (Permanent)
- Lollipop Loving Mid-tone coral with subtle green and gold iridescence (Glaze) (Repromote)
- Saint Germain Pastel pink (Amplified Creme) (Repromote)
- Tasty Top Sheer blue pink with reflects, Middle Mid-tone blue pink with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Dark creamy red pink
- Just Dessert Top Sheer yellow pink with reflects, Middle Mid-tone yellow pink with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Mid-tone creamy yellow pink
- Simpy Delicious Top Sheer peach with reflects, Middle Pale coral with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Creamy mid-tone coral
- Triple-Yum Top Sheer gold with gold reflects, Middle True gold with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Mid-tone bronze
- Consume Me Top Sheer white with reflects, Middle Pale mint with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Creamy light peach with pearlized pigments
- Sugarshot Pale frosty beige (Lustre)
- Dear Cupcake Mid-tone pink coral with gold pearlized pigments (Satin)
- Aquavert Soft mint with white pearlized pigments (Veluxe Pearl) (Repromote)
- Stars n Rockets Lavender with red/pink reflects (Veluxe Pearl) (Permanent)
- Club Muted reddish brown duochrome with green opalescent shimmer (Satin) (Permanent)
- Cakeshop Frosted light neutral beige
- Butternutty Frosted pale white gold
- Lemon Chiffon Frosted pewter
- Red Velvet Frosted mid-tone pink
- Penny Light pinky copper (Repromote)
- Peppermint Patti Creamy mint green (Cream)
- Seasonal Peach Creamy pale peachy pink (Cream)
- Perfect Topping Pink/peach/lavender melange
- Refined Tan/peach/coral melange
Source: tripwirechick@temptalia forums | Temptalia.com
Lavender Whip, Fun Fun, Fashion Mews
There’s been a lot of questions about how does Lavender Whip (from Cremeteam) compare to Fashion Mews (from Hello Kitty), and what about Fun Fun from Balloonacy eons ago. Ask no more, the picture above tells the story.
Lavender Whip vs. Fun Fun: It’s obvious that Fun Fun is a lot pinker. I would actually say that Fun Fun has some lavender in it, but when sandwiched between two more dominant lavender shades… the pink is brought out.
Lavender Whip vs. Fashion Mews: Fashion Mews is lighter and frostier in its finish than Lavender Whip, but they are similar. If you only want a lavender lipstick and don’t see yourself wearing it all the time, you might try Lavender Whip over Fashion Mews, just because the finish is nicer and it has a touch more color pay off. Plus, you can always add frostiness or make it lighter with a lipgloss.
Fashion Mews vs. Fun Fun: Again, they’re not dupes, and next to each other, they don’t even look like they’re in the same color family! I love Fun Fun, but I’ve always found it to be a very cool lipstick with some purple to it (but not as strong as the other two)–but in the swatch, it almost looks like a warm to neutral pink! But I think we can safely say they are definitely not dupes.
According to WWD, Guerlain will be launching a revolutionary new lipstick called Rouge G de Guerlain, launching April 1st worldwide. Some of the goals behind the new lipstick formula was creating a lightweight, long-lasting lipstick with plenty of color. It nicludes ruby powder that will be radiant when it interacts with ultraviolet rays as well as mother-of-pearl to smooth and even lip surfaces. You’ll also find hyaluronic acid microspheres, which will help plump your lips. Other ingredients included will be aimed at reducing the appearance of lip lines and filling them.
When the lipstick launches, Guerlain expects it to reach about 100 doors, including Saks, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, and select Bloomingdales and Nordstroms. They have not designed this lipstick as being affordable luxury, but they describe it as an “aspirational lipstick line.” Rouge G de Guerlain will launch with 25 shades, and each one will retail for $45 in the U.S. or 38 euros in France.
The packaging is described as…
Each generally had a hidden hinge, which is an element in Rogue G packaging. The new product’s wholly metal case that lies on its side also makes a gentle clicking sound when the tube is removed, causing the case to flip open and reveal two mirrors. A high-tech magnet holds the holder’s two parts together.
See the sleek packaging… Continue reading →
Cremesheen lipsticks from Cremeteam lip swatches! I do feel Cremesheen lipsticks to be well-pigmented, but the texture can be a little drying for some. I definitely recommend layering your lips with some balm 10-15 minutes prior (then blotting it off) so your lips take the color better. Creme In Your Coffee surprised me with how pretty it was on (I thought it might be a little on the brown side for me), and Hang Up was ridiculously dark (which means who knows when I’ll wear it!). Lickable is definitely in-ya-face in its rich color, but I’m sure it’ll be a popular one! See the colors for yourself! Continue reading →