Essie’s North Fork Collection features three summery colors in Sag Harbor, a cool silver blue; Shelter Island, a sky blue radiance; and Greenport, a dreamy aquamarine paradise. Each bottle retails for $9.00, and you can find ‘em at Essie.com (or click the link in the beginning). I’ve always been a fan of Essie’s polish formula, because it’s long-wearing and reliable. I’m more of a color fan, so I don’t always align with their collections, but I’m so happy to see these three hues join me for the season!
Sag Harbor is a cool, pale blue-gray with silver shimmer. Two coats was just right with this baby, but you need to make sure you have nice, even coats that aren’t too thin to ensure a streak-free finish.
Shelter Island is a creamy sky blue that’s not overly bright, but it isn’t pastel or pale either. It reminds me of an inviting swimming pool.
Greenport is a pale aquamarine color with a creamy finish. It has a lot of glossiness to it, and it’s really opaque.
See swatches… Continue reading →
With Fashion Week now having concluded around the world, let’s see what kind of new products might be coming to us in this fall!
- Cinderfella Eye Shadow
- Silver Dusk Eye Shadow*
- Cheek & Cheerful Mineralize Blush
- Handfinish Mineralize Blush
- Bling Black**
- Blackfire Lipgloss
- Dark Knight Lipstick
- Local Colour Dazzleglass
- Chromagraphic Pencil (Fleshed toned liner)
- Deep Dark Pro Pigment
* May be a typo (it happens) — could be Silver Dusk Loose Powder, which is already available.
** Listed as on eyes, but it says “slicked over.” Could be part of MAC’s Black Collection (as yet unnamed).
MAC’s Sugarsweet Collection brought us two fun nail lacquers: Peppermint Patti and Seasonal Peach.
Peppermint Patti is a minty green cream. It’s not overly bright, but it isn’t super pale either–it’s kind of a medium in the color range. The swatch above is with two regular coats (not too thin, not too thick). I’d probably suggest going for a third medium to thick coat to really get an opaque, creamy finish.
Seasonal Peach is a creamy, pale peach with a lil’ bit of pink. This is actually a repromoted color, but it’s still one of my favorites. It’s a really wearable shade that’s perfect for spring and summer. I found two regular coats worked well with this one, but a third one wouldn’t hurt if you find it’s not truly opaque with two for you. It layers quite well, so it doesn’t look too thick with three.
See a swatch of Seasonal Peach… Continue reading →
Honey Light High-Light Powder
Temptalia has an EXCLUSIVE sneak peek at MAC’s Naked Honey collection!
I hope you enjoy it! You can read collection information to catch up, in case you missed it!
To clarify: the high-light powder has an overspray of shimmer, but once removed, the product still has a little shimmer/sheen. It is not chalky like the high-light powders from Dame Edna at all. It’s smooth, pigmented, and subtly shimmery.
See the goods
! Continue reading →
Candy Glow Aqualumiere Gloss
Swatches from Chanel’s Cote d’Azur Collection for Summer! These are just lip swatches of the glosses and lipsticks that came out with the launch. You can see swatches of the summer quad here.
See them all! Continue reading →
Lollipop Loving Lipstick
Here are lip swatches of Sugarsweet’s lip products!
- Bubbles is a bit frosty, and it isn’t a creamy finish, so it can skip or leave blotches behind. It gives decent color, and ideally this is worn with other lipsticks and glosses.
- Lollipop Loving is frosty and feels like a lustre or glaze. It’s mostly opaque, though a couple of coats will be required on more pigmented lips.
- Saint Germain is very creamy, and the color itself is quite opaque. You can do one light swipe of the lipstick to get a more toned down version of the color, or you can use two or three coats for an application as pictured.
- Sweet Thing is a shimmery glaze texture. It has decent color pay off, and it does brighten up lips.
- Touch is creamy with a subtle sheen in its finish. The color is rich, and it darkens lips to a neutral tone.
- Consume Me is thin, non-sticky to just slightly tacky. It’s virtually colorless.
- Just Dessert is tinged a milky pink, but it still comes out quite colorless on my lips.
- Simply Delicious is one notch above Just Dessert–a little pinker.
- Tasty is the pinkest, though still not rich in color.
- Triple-Yum has the most noticeable color difference, as the gold/bronze shimmer stands out.
Most pigmented: Lollipop Loving, Saint Germain, Sweet Thing, Touch
So-so: Bubbles, Tasty, Triple-Yum
Colorless: Consume Me, Just Dessert, Simply Delicious
See the rest of the swatches! Continue reading →