Ischia, Lipari, Monte Carlo, Panarea, Porto Rotondo, Salina
Last week, I shared lip swatches from Chanel’s Cote d’Azur Collection designed for the summer season. Here are photos and skin swatches of the new lipsticks and glosses featured in this launch. Continue reading →
Laura Mercier’s Gilded Garden Collection debuted for the spring season with several fun, perfect-for-spring products. The collection included eyeshadows in Lilac, Marigold, Orchid, and Pink Tulip ($22.00 each); Stickgloss in Azalea and Tiger Lily ($20.00 each); and Lip Stains in English Rose and Hibiscus ($20.00 each); and the Gilded Garden Mosaic Shimmer Bloc ($38.00).
The Gilded Garden Mosaic Shimmer Bloc features a pretty flowery pattern in it, which just screams “SPRING!” to me. The two large flowers in a coral-pink and fuchsia-pink are slightly raised. They’re raised enough that I wasn’t able to swatch through to see if they go all the way through the powder. (But I’m hoping they do.)
This Shimmer Bloc is much like Bobbi Brown’s Shimmerbricks in the texture and finish–smooth, but still quite frosty. If you’re not a fan of noticeable shimmer/frost, then I’d definitely stay clear of this. If, however, you love Shimmerbricks, you’ll want to check out Laura Mercier’s Shimmer Blocs.
The overall color you get when swirling the entire Shimmer Bloc together is a almost neutral-but-slightly-cool, frosty pink. It can be used as a blusher or to highlight your favorite pink blushes.
Anyone else have this?
See close-ups and swatches… Continue reading →
Zoya Summer Collections: Ooh-La-La and La-Di-Da Sneak Peeks
- Katy Pink purple with multi-color metallic highlights
- Tallulah Vibrant metallic medium blue
- Midori Unexpected metallic apple green
- Goldie Multi dimensional metallic yellow gold
- Emme Shimmering soft pink
- Ginessa Multi dimensional metallic frosty white
- America Bright orange red
- Dita Cherry red cream
- Renee Ultra bright cherry red
- Paz Ultra bright neon orange
- Ali Ultra bright neon pink
- Pippa Ultra bright neon yellow
Available: April 1st, from Zoya.com.
See images for La-Di-Da… Continue reading →
Zoya’s Twist Collection debuted this spring season, and since spring is just officially starting… I’m really not late to review it, am I? Twist consists of six shades, ranging from gray to pink. Zoya polishes retail for $6 a pop, or you can get the set of six for $36.
- Harley is a medium gray with golden shimmer.
- Jo is a deep, medium sky blue on me. It comes out fairly bright, actually. I can definitely see this polish work well in the summer, too.
- Malia is a neutral-cool violet purple color. It isn’t lavender, but it isn’t royal purple either. It’s a good cross between a dark shade and a light shade.
- Barbie is a medium pink with some brightness and matching pink shimmer. It is a bit cool-toned, so it’s not the most flattering shade on me.
- Cassi is a strawberry-coral with silvery-ish shimmer. I found this color to be much more flattering on my skin tone than Barbie, and I can see myself wearing it often.
- Moxie is a deep, cream berry-red. I personally wish they’d come out with a shade more in line with the rest of the shades from Twist, because I feel it doesn’t match the trend the others set.
See swatches… Continue reading →
MAC recently launched Viva Glam VI Lipstick in a Special Edition to line up with Fergie as their spokesperson for the Viva Glam campaign. Some people have been finding this color to run a little on the purple side, but it runs mostly pink on me. Like many of the other VG lipsticks/lipglasses, the color is great for most people. I think it’s a nice everyday color with a bit of a pop.
See swatch and lip swatch… Continue reading →
Prescriptives Mineral Color
Prescriptives is adding color to its mineral portfolio with the introduction of NEW Mineral Color for Face, Eyes and Lips. The purity and natural benefits of minerals are now offered in a vibrant color collection inspired by nature’s own minerals and gems. Its star ingredient is the R.E.C. (Radiance Emitting Crystals) complex — a unique combination of Amethyst, Rose Quartz and Calcite — so it absorbs light and delivers radiance and luminosity so skin appears to be “glowing from within.” Bright gems and minerals infused with vitamins create a look that is healthy, luminous and breathtaking.
Making Faces Mineral Kit (Limited Edition) ($37.50)
- Warm Light/Medium
- Warm Medium/Deep
- Cool Light/Medium
- Cool Medium/Deep
Making Eyes Mineral Kit (Limited Edition) ($37.50)
Mineral Bronzer (Limited Edition) ($30.00)
Mineral Lip Gloss (Limited Edition) ($17.50)
- Amber (Warm)
- Sunstone (Warm)
- Rose Quartz (Cool)
- Amethyst (Cool)
Availability: April 2009 at Prescriptives counters nationwide, exclusively at Holt Renfrew in Canada, and Prescriptives.com.
See more product photos… Continue reading →