Zoya’s Twist Collection debuted this spring season, and since spring is just officially starting… I’m really not late to review it, am I? Twist consists of six shades, ranging from gray to pink. Zoya polishes retail for $6 a pop, or you can get the set of six for $36.
- Harley is a medium gray with golden shimmer.
- Jo is a deep, medium sky blue on me. It comes out fairly bright, actually. I can definitely see this polish work well in the summer, too.
- Malia is a neutral-cool violet purple color. It isn’t lavender, but it isn’t royal purple either. It’s a good cross between a dark shade and a light shade.
- Barbie is a medium pink with some brightness and matching pink shimmer. It is a bit cool-toned, so it’s not the most flattering shade on me.
- Cassi is a strawberry-coral with silvery-ish shimmer. I found this color to be much more flattering on my skin tone than Barbie, and I can see myself wearing it often.
- Moxie is a deep, cream berry-red. I personally wish they’d come out with a shade more in line with the rest of the shades from Twist, because I feel it doesn’t match the trend the others set.
See swatches… Continue reading →
MAC recently launched Viva Glam VI Lipstick in a Special Edition to line up with Fergie as their spokesperson for the Viva Glam campaign. Some people have been finding this color to run a little on the purple side, but it runs mostly pink on me. Like many of the other VG lipsticks/lipglasses, the color is great for most people. I think it’s a nice everyday color with a bit of a pop.
See swatch and lip swatch… Continue reading →
Prescriptives Mineral Color
Prescriptives is adding color to its mineral portfolio with the introduction of NEW Mineral Color for Face, Eyes and Lips. The purity and natural benefits of minerals are now offered in a vibrant color collection inspired by nature’s own minerals and gems. Its star ingredient is the R.E.C. (Radiance Emitting Crystals) complex — a unique combination of Amethyst, Rose Quartz and Calcite — so it absorbs light and delivers radiance and luminosity so skin appears to be “glowing from within.” Bright gems and minerals infused with vitamins create a look that is healthy, luminous and breathtaking.
Making Faces Mineral Kit (Limited Edition) ($37.50)
- Warm Light/Medium
- Warm Medium/Deep
- Cool Light/Medium
- Cool Medium/Deep
Making Eyes Mineral Kit (Limited Edition) ($37.50)
Mineral Bronzer (Limited Edition) ($30.00)
Mineral Lip Gloss (Limited Edition) ($17.50)
- Amber (Warm)
- Sunstone (Warm)
- Rose Quartz (Cool)
- Amethyst (Cool)
Availability: April 2009 at Prescriptives counters nationwide, exclusively at Holt Renfrew in Canada, and Prescriptives.com.
See more product photos… Continue reading →
Kings & Queens is a body care line I’ve seen carried at Nordstrom, but the price of their products isn’t what you’d expect from Nordstrom. Seriously, if I can get out of Nordstrom without spending $100+, it’s been a very good day! They’ve just created a set of their awesome shower gels for guess what… $8! Yes, eight bucks! (And yes, I know it’s cheaper by the oz. to purchase one shower gel alone, but who doesn’t like to try scents out to find the one you really love first?)
Anyway, Kings & Queens is also carried at other major retailers like Beauty.com (which is where you can find this set). I absolutely adored the scent of Sultan of Granada (as did my boyfriend, who I think ended up using most of it). This is a great way to try other scents without breaking the bank. Plus, I’m sure some of you will be traveling soon enough with summer just a few months away, and each showergel in the set is 1 oz., making them totally travel-friendly.
Royal Favorites Set ($8.00)
- Nefertiti Honey Showergel
- Chinese Princess Jasmine showergel
- Queen Isabella Cinnamon Orange Showergel
- Emperor Akbar Mango Showergel
- Sultan of Granada Lemon Flavor Showergel
LUSH Celebrates Easter with Gifts & Bath Bombs
Happy Easter Gift ($29.95)
- Pink One: Candy Fluffy Bath Bomb shell holds Rock Star Soap and Flosty Gritter Bubble Bar
- Yellow One: Honey Bee Bath Bomb shell holds Honey I Washed the Kids Soap and Ma Bar Bubble Bar
Bunny Bath Bombs ($4.95)
- Fluff Bun
- Choco Bun
- English Country Bunkin
- Honey Bun
Mini Egg Bath Bombs ($5.95)
- Fluffy Egg
- Choccy Egg
- English Countryside
Availability: Now available in-store and online (though many are showing out of stock currently).
See more product images… Continue reading →
Are you ready for MAC’s Colour Ready Collection?
MAC Colour Ready launches in North America on April 2nd, but here’s a little preview of two of the three new products to MAC. Colour Ready is primarily about prepping the face to be able to take on bold, intense color (hence the two wickedly intense hot pink lipsticks, the bright chartreuse eyeshadow, and so on).
Update: MAC has created three new Prep + Prime products, and it has now been confirmed that all three products are part of the permanent collection.
Must-Haves: Prep + Prime Line Filler
Nice-to-Haves: Show Orchid, Rapid Black
Skip: White Frost
See in-depth product reviews… Continue reading →