5 Bright, Daring Pink Blushes
Don’t let bright pinks scare you! First, they can always be worn as soft and as sheer as you’d like; it’s all about application and the tools you use–opt for a stippling brush and a lighthand, and you’ll get subtler results. Second, you can let your cheeks become the focal point of the look by going lighter on eyes and lips!
- Tarte Amused — bright fuchsia pink
- Make Up For Ever #3 — bright, darkened fuchsia pink
- MAC Full Fuchsia — bright red-pink
- Make Up For Ever #75 — bright, dark pink
- Make Up For Ever #85 — brightened pink
What’s your favorite bright pink blush?
MAC In Extra Dimension Collection
availability: April 5th, 2012 (North America), April 2012 (International)
Introducing a new liquid-powder hybrid formula with prismatic reflections thatinstantly sculpts, highlights and models the face to the desired effect – extra dimension. Two formulasto try: the three shades of Extra Dimension Skinfinish and the ten shimmering tints of ExtraDimension Eye Shadow. This cool, creamy, silky, near-fluid formula creates a luminous, visually arresting,well-defined finish. With the flawless, deft application of the 234 Split Fibre Eye Blending Brush andthe 128 Split Fibre Cheek Brush, these are your mediums. SHARE YOUR FUTURE.
Extra Dimension Skinfinish ($28.00 U.S. / $33.50 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- Whisper of Gilt Light, soft white gold with shimmery sheen (Metallic)
- Superb Soft peachy nude with multi-dimensional shimmer (Metallic)
- Glorify Copper with golden shimmer (Metallic)
Extra Dimension Eyeshadow ($20.00 U.S. / $24.00 CDN) (Limited Edition)
- Warm Thunder Dirty silver grey (Metallic)
- Blue Orbit Light iridescent purple (Metallic)
- Grand Galaxy Dirty mid-tone violet (Metallic)
- Lunar Royal blue (Metallic)
- Havana Dirty copper brown (Metallic)
- Sweet Heat Bright peach champagne (Metallic)
- Modern Pewter Dirty olive gold (Metallic)
- Rich Core Dirty aubergine (Metallic)
- Dark Dare Charcoal black (Glow)
- Young Venus Pale white pink (Metallic)
- 128 Split Fibre Cheek Brush ($32.00 U.S. / $38.50 CDN)
- 234 Split Fibre Blending Brush ($22.50 U.S. / $27.00 CDN)
See more photos!
Sinful Cloud 9 Nail Lacquer
Sinful Cloud 9 Nail Lacquer
Sinful Cloud 9 Nail Lacquer ($1.99 for 0.50 fl. oz.) is a bright tangerine orange with gold-tangerine shimmer. I don’t have a shade that looks quite like this with shimmer, but China Glaze Papaya Punch is just a bit darker, while China Glaze Sun Worshipper is closer (though lighter) but lacks the shimmery element of Cloud 9–and I think the shimmer is what makes it stand out. China Glaze Riveting is much more of a fiery orange-red.
The color coverage wasn’t quite opaque after two coats, but it was close enough that I would not feel a third coat was necessary. I only get visible nail line in some lighting at certain angles. The consistency wasn’t too thick or too thin, and I really liked the application on this shade–a very happy thing after the frustration of Sinful HD Nails. I do get a week of wear out of Sinful’s formula, though there is minor to noticeable tip wear after seven days (but no chipping!).