MAC Give Me Liberty of London Photoshoot — Behind-the-Scenes
You have to love the high-tech age we live in… the amount of information that we can consume about our favorite brands and hobbies is just amazing. Love that MAC has been taking us behind-the-scenes at their photoshoots lately. You can check out additional photos on MAC Cosmetics’ Facebook.
Cle de Peau #106 Extra Silky Lipstick
The Spring Season: Cle de Peau #106 Extra Silky Lipstick
Cle de Peau #106 Extra Silky Lipstick ($52.00 for 0.07 oz.) is a creamy softened medium blue-pink with a glossy finish and nearly imperceptible shimmer. Cle de peau’s Extra Silky Lipsticks are absolutely a dream to wear–they’re smooth, soft, creamy, and moisturizing. They don’t steal a single drop of moisture while you wear them, and despite the creaminess and slip of these lipsticks, I still get a good four hours of wear. It has a naturally glossy finish, so they’re easy to wear alone.
Of course, the downfall of Extra Silky lipsticks is their price tag. At over $50 a pop, they’re certainly a luxury lipstick that’s hard to “collect ‘em all.” To make matters worse, you only get 0.07 oz. in each (which is about half of the average lipstick size). Even though they’re quite pigmented, they’re easy to over-apply, so apply less than you think to maximize your purchase!
More Cle de Peau Extra Silky Lipsticks…
Is this the right pink lipstick for you? Would you wear it?
The Spring Season is a series of posts featuring my favorite soft beige, coral, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for the first blossom of spring — that runs through March 2010.
MAC Pret-a-Papier Collection for Summer 2010
U.S. Launch Date: April 22nd, 2010
International Launch Date: May 2010
Craft Paper Couture – an inspired idea cut like a pattern and whipped up into a frisky little “funny face” frock. Then, strip it back to its essence for Summer 2010 for a Pret-a-Papier colour collection. It was a Project Runway challenge of sorts, with paper as the source, the instigator of ideas, the beginning of something simply, basically beautiful. Lipstick, LipGlass, Eye Shadow, Paint Pot, Chromografic Pencil, Studio Fix Lash, Impeccable Brow Pencil, Sheertone and Mineralize Blushes, and Nail Lacquer in a seamless spectrum of parchment-to-vellum beiges, with an occasional, clever colour spill, coral among the most au courant.”
Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick: Gabrielle, Rouge Orage, Ballet Russe
A few more swatches of Rouge Coco! :) That’s all I have currently!
- Gabrielle is a bright blue-based red with a slightly glossy sheen. It reminded me of the glory that is Dragon Rouge Allure Laque, though not quite as glossy or bright, in a different texture!
- Rouge Orage is a darkened reddish coral with a little bit of pink undertones.
- Ballet Russe is a vamp-y wine-berry that’s dark but not ultra dark.
MAC Art Supplies Collection
U.S. Launch Date: April 1st, 2010
International Launch Date: April 2010
Just as Art Supplies for Eyes invokes the vision, Art Supplies for Lips speaks to the ultimate in sensuality….Luscious lips drawn from innovative new Lipstain Markers and Pencils to use like a modern multi-media artist would – design and discover! Incorporating the concept of art tools into the world of M·A·C makeup, these pencils and markers create dramatically different lip looks. New Pro Longwear Lipstain Marker has the doodle-fun of a “pen,” but with sophisticated, light and long-wearing results. It’s all about artistic freedom!
Pro Longwear Lipstain Marker ($16.00 U.S. / $19.00 CDN)
A lightweight lip stain featuring the look and delivery of a colour marker. With its felt-tip nib, it goes on with precision to deliver a sheer, ins tantly abs orbed flush of colour that can last all night. Fills, defines and layers for more colour when wanted. No need for lip liner. All limited edition.
- Full of Flare Bright yellow coral (Limited Edition)
- Stylesetter Hot pink (Limited Edition)
- A Classic Rose red (Limited Edition)
- Purposefully Red Dirty red coral (Limited Edition)
- Modern Mocha Light brown (Limited Edition)
- Point of View Light neutral (Limited Edition)
- Tomorrow’s Coral Mid-tone blue red (Limited Edition)
- Runway Ripened Berry plum red (Limited Edition)
- Sunset Coral brown (Limited Edition)
Greasepaint Stick ($17.50 U.S. / $21.00 CDN)
- Greengrease Blackened forest green (Limited Edition)
- Zinc Zone Dark gunmetal (Limited Edition)
- Slick Black True carbon black (Limited Edition)
- Dirty Blackened taupe with pearl (Limited Edition)
- Brown, Now Blackened burgundy (Limited Edition)
- Below Ground Blackened bronze (Limited Edition)
- Uniformly Blue Blackened navy (Limited Edition)
- Charred Mauve Blackened violet (Limited Edition)
Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
An eye pencil that provides rich, luxurious colour with a touch of shimmer and sparkle. Soft, smooth, creamy formula glides on for a perfectly intense line, yet its soft texture allows you to blend. Long-wearing, smudge-proof.
- Almost Noir Dirty plum (Limited Edition)
- Designer Purple Iridescent violet (Limited Edition)
- Petrol Blue Deep navy (Limited Edition)
- Undercurrent Blue teal (Limited Edition)
- Industrial Periwinkle grey (Limited Edition)
- Black Line True black (Limited Edition)
Lipglass ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
MAC Give Me Liberty of London: Overall & Round-up
Now available online at MAC Cosmetics & Nordstrom. Use LIBERTY for free shipping on all orders on maccosmetics.com!
OVERALL, I like the packaging a lot — I just think it’s spring-y and fun. It’s not actually my personal style/taste, but I dig it. I really liked the lipsticks (so creamy and pigmented!) and beauty powders (even though both were previously released); the lipglasses are nice but since I haven’t seen two, I’m still just waiting to see whether they grab me or not. While the eyeshadow shades fit the theme of the collection, I definitely see myself mixing the shades more with other shades I already own than just using them altogether!
Edited: Give Me Liberty of London eyeshadow, Perennial High Style & A Different Groove lipglasses, and Peachstock lipstick reviews, photos, and swatches now up.
There are several permanent/repromoted shades in this collection, so you may want to check your stash to make sure you don’t already have them. Permanent shades are Peachstock (PRO), Free to Be, and Dirty Plum (PRO). Repromoted shades are Dame’s Desire (Dame Edna), Shell Pearl (various), Summer Rose (Rose Romance), and Vestral White (Hello Kitty).
Must-Haves: Ever Hip Lipstick, Frankly Fresh Lipglass, Shell Pearl Beauty Powder, Bough Grey Eyeshadow, Prim & Proper Blush
Nice-to-Haves: Blue India Nail Lacquer, English Accents Lipglass, Petals & Peacocks Lipstick, Blooming Lovely Lipstick
Skip: Vestral White Nail Lacquer, Free to Be Eyeshadow (permanent–unless you want it for packaging!)
Reviews, Photos, Swatches
What’s on your list? What are you loving?