NARS @ 3.1 Phillip Lim
The theme behind the collection was collage, with inspiration springing from the late works of Picasso and the Cubism period. The pieces look different from every angle leaving a sense of mystery to them, while remaining timeless. The same idea is applied to the makeup. An abundance of different textures- matte, sheer, shimmer and shine- were portrayed differently as the model moved around. The clothes, like the makeup, were meant to stimulate the senses, be emotional, and also to sympathize with current times.
The look is clean and textural, giving a sense that makeup is there but not detectable from the plain eye. “The idea is not to be harsh. The look is part sheer with shades of green, brown and lilac fading into each other” said lead artist Lisa Butler. The key points include highlights of iridescence and gold to the cheekbones, light liner (almost invisible) and peach lips. “There is some shimmer so when the face moves around, the light really captures it. But there are no lines- no eye lines, no lip lines.”
Get the Look
- Face: Mix a small amount of NARS Concealer with NARS Hydrating Moisture Cream to apply just around the nose forehead and cheeks. Blend NARS Luxor Multiple (NEW for Holiday 2009) with a foundation brush to the cheekbone moving down diagonally toward the lips and adding a little bit onto the lips for subtle highlights
- Eyes: Apply the golden moss side of NARS Camargue Duo Eyeshadow (NEW for Spring 2010) all over the eye filling in the crease with the sienna side. Depending on skin tone, apply NARS Mousson Cream Eyesahdow (NEW for Holiday 2009) to adjust the color on the lid. Using a NARS Smudge Brush apply D.Gorgeous Eyeshadow (NEW for Spring 2010) to the lower lash line adding intensity as need be (“It’s not a heavy liner, but it shows some color,” explained Lisa Butler). Apply one coat of NARS Larger Than Life Lengthening Mascara to the top lashes
- Lips: Add a swipe of NARS Cruising Lipstick (NEW for Spring 2010) and some NARS Luxor Multiple (NEW for Holiday 2009) to a NARS Retractable Lip Brush and dab lightly onto the lips starting in the middle and working your way out
- Finish: Apply NARS Orgasm Illuminator (NEW for Spring 2010) to the face, concentrating on the cheekbones. Reapply both shades from NARS Camargue Duo Eyeshadow to the brow bones
See more photos and breakdown for Marchesa… Continue reading →
Clé de Peau Beauté @ Vera Wang
For her Spring 2010 collection, Vera Wang found inspiration in Paul Poiret, the French designer some say was the first to “drape” his designs, a new approach that signaled a departure from rigid tailoring. With this in mind, Lucia Pieroni, Color Creator for Clé de Peau Beauté, created her own new approach, developing a boy-like, simple face for each model, that worked perfectly with the clothing and bold jewelry.
“I wanted the models to appear cool and very natural, so I created a super sheer base on the face with eye accents only, of taupe and silver.” Lucia says. “I wanted them to look healthy, but a bit supernatural.” — Lucia Pieroni
Get the Look
- Beginning with the NEW! Luminizing Enhancer Base ($42,) Lucia created a luminous complexion and evened out skin tone, prior to applying the Refining Fluid Foundation ($118) to provide an even, flawless and radiant finish on skin.
- Next, Lucia accented, and extended, the brows utilizing Eyebrow Pencil in #104/Grey ($55) to give a fuller, still polished effect.
- To brighten eyes, she used NEW! Satin Eye Color in #11/silver ($45,) with a touch of shade #111/taupe to add definition at the outer corners.
- Additionally, Lucia decided to forego the mascara and eyeliner, but utilize Satin Eye Color #104/golden to highlight the browbone and the top of the cheek to add an ethereal glow.
- Lastly, lips were colored to understated perfection, complementing the face without drawing attention. Lucia used NEW! Extra Rich Lipstick in T4 ($65,) a nude shade inspired by tea roses.
Sephora @ Venexiana
To compliment a sophisticated and bold collection, the makeup look features dark dramatic eyes, a smokey/cat eye combination, completed with a semi-matte complexion and peachy pink lips and cheeks. Makeup by Sephora PRO Beauty Team, lead by Jose Rivera.
Get the Look
- Complexion – Try Sephora Matifying Compact Foundation to create a flawless canvass. Add a pop of color with a cream blush or powder such as Sephora Blush Me! Mono in Rose Rebelle 1.
- Eyes – For a smokey look, apply Sephora Mono Eyeshadow in Must Have 06 all over lid. Line both upper and lower lash lines for a cat eye effect. Finish by applying false lashes like Sephora Flirt It Lash Duo to extra drama.
- Lips – To get the ultimate peachy, coral pout, start with a lip liner, then fill in with Sephora Lip Attitude Chic in Elegant Pink 05, a creamy pink lipstick. Top it off with Sephora PURE Lipgloss in Peachy Pink.
See more breakdowns from Sephora! Continue reading →
Sephora @ Gen Art Fresh Faces
Seven designers displayed fashion-forward trends for women and men with various makeup looks complimenting each collection. From rocker ballerina to modern glam and feminine, makeup ranged from strong smokey eyes to watermelon stained lips, sun kissed skin and rosy cheeks. The Sephora PRO Beauty Team was lead by Gilbert Soliz.
See the look breakdowns and images… Continue reading →
Sephora @ Caravan
A collection presented by celebrity designers highlighting their red carpet, photo shoot, and concert ready styles, the makeup look features fresh skin, an enhanced eye and pink lips. Sephora PRO Beauty Team, lead by Gilbert Soliz for Caravan.
Get the Look
- Complexion – For a natural, satin finish, try Sephora Collection Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 and “Tricks of the Trade” Mineral Touch Up Powder, which absorbs excess oil.
- Eyes – To accentuate the eye without making it too dramatic, apply Colorful Mono Eyeshadow in Black Flame 05, a near black shimmer, to the outer corners of the eye. Finish off the eye with two coats of Sephora Lash Stretcher.
- Lips – To complete the fresh look, apply Lip Attitude, the perfect mix of lipstick and lip gloss in Sienna Fiesta 16, a rose terra cotta shimmer.
See breakdowns for more Sephora-lead shows! Continue reading →
Too Faced for Holiday 2009
Queen For a Day Makeup Collection ($40.00)
Too Faced treats you with royal admiration this Holiday season by offering a mix of everything her majesty might desire to create a luxe look for any opulent occasion. Filled with Too Faced’s most celebrated products, the Queen For A Day Makeup Collection also offers an exclusive shadow quad to create a variety of shimmery, rich combinations. This limited-edition Collection comes in a custom-designed makeup clutch perfectly crafted to hold a Queen’s ransom of beauty items and includes:
- Eyeshadow Quad (Set Exclusive!)
- Snow Bunny Bronzer (winter bronze)
- Lip of Luxury Lipstick in Free Love (pale pink)
- Shadow Insurance (translucent beige)
- Mini Lash Injection Pinpoint (black)
- Flatbuki Brush
French & fabulous beauty collection ($28.50)
Transform into beauty royalty complete with a legion of followers that cater to your every whim and fancy! Of course you’ll mesmerize the masses with the new French & Fabulous Beauty Collection from Too Faced. This Parisian-inspired set includes six silky eye shadows that are rich, crease-resistant and long-wearing, plus the complexion-correcting Pink Leopard Highlighting Bronzer, and Sun Bunny, one of Too Faced’s most-coveted bronzers. A queen’s treasure of Too Faced’s most legendary shades, this chic, wearable collection will be ranked amongst your favorite French confections, transporting easily from an intimate French bistro to the hottest night club in the City of Lights! French & Fabulous includes:
- Pink Leopard Highlighting Bronzer
- Sun Bunny Bronzer
- Totally Toasted Brown
- Totally Toasted Beige
- Poodle Puff Raisin
- Poodle Puff Pink
- Ooh & Aah
- Mess In A Dress
Glamour To Go III ($19.50)
Designed to offer anything you need to get your glam on while on-the-go, Too Faced introduces Glamour to Go III, the third installment of the sought-after Glamour To Go series. Get your glam-on-the-go anytime with this pocket-sized beauty arsenal packed with everything a girl needs to get out the door in minutes! Eight silky shadows, four juicy lip shades, and one beautiful blush are all packed up and perfectly coordinated for a complete look or easy touch-ups anytime and anywhere! Slip this sleek and petite slice of pretty into the palm of your hand and dip into an oasis of color options for eyes, cheeks and lips.
Glamour Revolution Beauty Collection
Unite in Too Faced’s quest to overthrow the confining rules of conservative beauty and revel in the illustrious light and soul-enhancing effects of pure glamour! This holiday, start a mutiny against ordinary makeup kits and march straight to Too Faced’s new Glamour Revolution Beauty Collection. Pledge your allegiance to the glossiest of lips, flushed cheek perfection and bronzed, beautiful skin with this all-inclusive, show-stopping kit that offers it all. The Glamour Revolution Beauty Collection houses an assortment of everything needed to overthrow an old beauty routine. This limited-edition makeup book includes 9 of Too Faced’s best-selling eye shadow shades, 3 lip glosses, the delectably indulgent Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, a gorgeous new shade of Brightening Blush, plus 3 Get-the-Look Cards to inspire a variety of glamorous looks.
- Milk Chocolate
- George & Weezie
- Boy Toy
- Label Whore
- London Calling
- Dirt Bag
- Party Girl
- Bronzer – Chocolate Soleil
- Brightening Blush – La Vie En Rose
- Shadow Insurance
Availability: Now available at Sephora and TooFaced.com.
See more photos… Continue reading →