China Glaze Vintage Vixen Collection for Fall 2010
For Fall 2010, the China Glaze Vintage Vixen Collection captures the vivid and saturated hues of the 1940’s with this seductively complex palette. These classic shades of the season recreate the timeless tableau of movie land mystique, perfect red pouts and steamy nights where swing was the scene!
Step out with these multi-faceted jewel tones, rich reds, titillating taupes and smoldering sands. This collection deliverers a high octane 40’s era glamour with a sophisticated edge! The 12 colors in this collection include:
- Goin’ My Way Brown frost with copper shimmer
- Riveter Rouge Deep red shimmer
- Classic Camel Khaki crème with gold micro glitter
- Emerald Fitzgerald Turquoise green frost with shimmer
- Midnight Mission Navy blue frost with silver micro glitter
- First Class Tocket Deep purple frost with shimmer
- Jitterbug Grey chrome with silver micro glitter
- Bogie Plum frost with shimmer
- Hey Doll Rose frost with shimmer
- Foxy Burgundy frost with shimmer
- Ingrid “Greige” crème with copper micro glitter
- Swing Baby Taupe frost with silver micro glitter
Availability: The China Glaze Vintage Vixen collection starts shipping June 6th internationally and July 6th, 2010 domestically. All 12 colors will be available as open stock, in 6 piece box collections, a 12 piece counter display and a 36 piece rack. China Glaze is free of DBP, toluene, and added formaldehyde.
This Week’s Beauty Report: Saturday, May 8th, 2010
- Illamasqua‘s BODY ELECTRICS will launch in select Sephora stores and online at Sephora.com this month.
- Kiehl’s will launch SUPER FLUID UV DEFENSE SPF 50+ this May. It contains stabilized Parsol 1789 and Oxybenzone, as well as Homosalate, Octocrylene, and Octisalate for both UVA and UVB protection. It will retail for $32.
- Beauty.com has paired up with Lela Rose to launch the Lela Rose Feather Painted Linen Beauty Clutch, which is available with purchase of $100 or more.
- Smashbox’s Naked Beauty Collection has launched on Nordstrom.
- Kate Somerville launches CYTOCELL, which comes at a pricey $150 for 1.7 oz.
- TEMPTU has their SUMMER GLAM kit, which includes a limited edition blush and highlighter just in time for summer.
Seems like a slow week… Ha!
La Prairie Whisper Shades Collection for Summer 2010
La Prairie’s newest colour collection is a juxtaposition of past and present, sweet and sultry, subtle and sparkling. A comprehensive collection of products for the face, eyes and lips, “Whisper Shades” provides a natural segue from the deeper, richer colours of winter to the more light, carefree shades of spring and summer. With an emphasis on bright, lush lips and muted eyes lined in black, “Whisper Shades” begs to be on the vanities and in the makeup bags of modern women of all ages everywhere.
Says noted New York City makeup artist, founder of Cheek to Chic makeup consultancy and La Prairie Colour Ambassador Raychel Wade, “This collection is quite literally spring / summer in a package – a chic, silver package that is! Not only are the colours completely wearable, but there are a wide array of shades to allow for women to experiment with subtly different looks depending on the day – something I strongly advocate with my clients. These are colours you’ll rely on every day to bring light and beauty to your face.”
“Our customers depend on La Prairie for the very best in beauty, and that extends beyond skincare to makeup. Our colour système brings the same level of luxury and innovation we’re known for in skincare to life in stunning colour palettes,” says La Prairie President Lynne Florio.
Les Lignes et Lumieres Cellular Treatment Eye Colour Ensemble ($70.00) (Limited Edition)
- A quad of soft pastel eye shadows (ivory, lilac, gold, grass green) with a contrasting black powder eye liner shade
Cellular Treatment Illuminating Face Powder ($60.00)
- Warm Glow Warm sunny beige
Cellular Luxe Lip Colour ($55.00)
- Quiet Rose Universally flattering warm, woody rose
- Tender Pink Delicate, pastel shimmering pink
- Sunset Coral Medium, bright true coral
- Tawny Soft, neutral rosy brown
- Pink Coral Modernized versio
Cellular Lip Colour Effects ($40.00)
- Quiet Fig Hint of brown combined with cranberry
- Cocoa Perfect nude, with a soft shimmer
- Breezy Coral Pink tinted color (Limited Edition)
- Guava Spice Coppery peach (Limited Edition)
- Island Orchid Light raspberry lilac (Limited Edition)
- Pink Shell Sheer blush pink (Limited Edition)
By Terry Graphic Wave Collection for Summer 2010
- Creme Brulee
- Peach Loukoum
- Rose Macaroon
- Golden Honey
- Black is Black
Ligne Blackstar (£28.00)
- Bamboo Brown
- Ocean Spirit
Mascara Soyeux (£23.00)
Availability: Space NK
NARS Schiap Lipstick
The Summer Season: NARS Schiap Lipstick
NARS Schiap Lipstick ($24.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a bright, fuchsia-pink with a semi-matte finish. It has no shimmer, but it does have a slightly glossy sheen, so it doesn’t a completely matte finish. Schiap applies beautifully–soft, smooth, and the color looks even with little effort. I like that it’s not totally matte, because I think if it was, this shade might be drying. The slight creaminess and glisten to it give it enough moisture to keep from drying your lips out (but if you have really dry lips, I recommend prepping well before wearing this). NARS lipsticks are scent-free and taste-free (though you might detect a wax-y scent). I got about four hours of wear before it started fading, but it held on pretty well.
Is this the right pink lipstick for you? Would you wear it?
The Summer Season is a series of posts featuring bright, vibrant shades of coral, orange, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for a summer of fun — that runs through July 2010.
MAC to the Beach Sneak Peek! I mean… Faux Peek!
I might not be able to give you a true-and-blue sneak peek, but here’s a faux peek instead. MAC’s To the Beach Collection includes several repromoted/permanent shades, and since I do own a few of those, here are photos and swatches of those products. Just to be clear, none of the products shown are in the limited edition packaging of the actual collection. I don’t own Golden Bronzer or Rosemary & Thyme Eyeliner, but both of these are also permanent shades.
Please know that if I haven’t posted swatches or photos, it’s because I don’t have the products–sometimes I get press samples early, but many times I purchase the products myself when they’re available for sale. Trust me, I wouldn’t hold back from you!
- Hipness Blush is a soft pink with a hint of coral with a smooth finish–very satiny, not shimmery. It was originally released with the Fafi and MAC collaboration.
- Refined Golden Bronzer is a dirty brown with a very fine golden shimmer strewn through the powder that’s barely noticeable when used. I don’t find it turns orange-y at all, so I like it for a bronzing option. It’s dark enough to work on light to medium dark complexions, but it’s not so dark that it will look drastic on lighter skin tones. This is a permanent product, but I have it because it was released with Style Warriors. (Which also released Solar Riche as the second bronzer in that collection, whereas To the Beach features Golden, also a permanent bronzing shade.)
- Shimmermoss Eyeshadow is a darkened aqua-teal with a frosty sheen. It’s part of MAC’s permanent line, and it’s definitely one of my favorite eyeshadows, too. It’s a shade I think everyone who loves colors and MAC should own. If you depot your products or don’t care about the special packaging, you can snag it in pan form and save a few bucks.
- Humid Eyeshadow is a darkened green with a yellow undertone and slight golden sheen. Like Shimmermoss, it’s a permanent shade, but it’s a classic shade, too. It’s soft, smooth, and has great color pay off. Humid is a must for green fiend like myself!
- Thrills Lipstick is a stunning combination of red-rose and amber-bronze shimmer/frost. It’s a shade you just don’t see often. The only shade that comes close is nearly three times the price–La Prairie’s Rose Bronze (but that’s much pinker, rosier; same effect, but the base color is stronger). This originally launched with Rushmetal, way back in 2007. I don’t even have to see anything else from To the Beach to tell you this is a must-have from it, though. It’s AMAZING!
- Pink Rebel Lustre Drops is a slightly pink-toned peach highlighter. Lustre Drops are, essentially, liquid highlighters. You can use them on your cheeks, brows, decolletage… whatever. You can mix it in with your foundation or moisturizer for an all-over sheen. Naturally, this one suits those with pinker undertones, but it can easily work with warmer complexions as well. Lustre Drops debuted in Style Warriors last year.
- Sun Rush Lustre Drops is a golden peach highlighter. This one is definitely more suitable for those with warmer undertones, but if used sheerly (which is really the best way to use these anyway), it’s not so warm that it would turn orange on cooler undertones.
Availability: May 27th, 2010 in-store, May 24th or 25th for online; Unveiling parties on May 18th at select locations
Let’s get a list going of unveilings happening around the country on May 18th… Comment if you know of any stores that are
- MAC @ El Segundo, El Segundo, CA
- MAC @ Hillsdale Mall, San Mateo, CA
- MAC @ Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA
- MAC @ Bridgeport Village, Portland, OR
- MAC @ Uptown, Albuquerque, NM
- MAC @ The Parks, Arlington, TX
- MAC @ The Domain, Austin, TX
- MAC @ Nordstrom Stone Briar Mall, Dallas, TX (5/22)
- MAC @ Hennepin, Minneapolis, MN
- MAC @ King of Prussia, PA
- MAC @ Natick, Natick, MA
- MAC @ Smithaven Mall, Lake Grove, NY
- MAC @ Montague, Brooklyn, NY
- MAC @ 125th Street, Harlem, NY
- MAC @ Columbus, NYC, NY
- MAC @ Gardens, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- MAC @ Kingsway, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- MAC @ Robson, Vancouver, Canada
- MAC @ Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada