SONIC CHIC | Mineralize Blush to break the style barrier: Screamingly chic, but soft, sheer, lightweight. Build continuous colour in superfine pearl with a soft shimmer. Enhance cheekbones, create planes and contours with the greatest of ease, in breakthrough baked particles applied with a quick, dome-tipped buffer brush. The fastest route to perfection yet is Ultra-Sonic.
Read collection details and see high res images of the products! Continue reading →
In Bobbi Brown’s Fall Mauve palette, it contains three shadows, three lip colors, and one blush. I’m much more pleased with this palette than say Bobbi Brown’s Nude palette, because the colors show up on me a lot better. The eyeshadows include Navajo, which seems to make regular appearances in her palettes, and I find it can be a chalky color on my skintone if I don’t use it right (which generally means using it lightly and blending/fading it moreso than normal); Vintage, a gray with mauve undertones color; and Chocolate Mauve, which is like a subdued chocolate shade. The blush is simply called Mauve, and it is a pinky-mauve tone. I imagine this particular shade of pinky-mauve is fairly universal. As for the lip colors, Dusty Mauve is a creamy lip color that goes on incredibly sheer for me; Mauve lip sheer is a little more pigmented, but not too much; and Vintage Mauve is the most pigmented, though still quite creamy and sheer. If you go heavier with the shadows, these included lip colors will work out, since you can pair the heavy eyes with softer lips.
I much preferred the individual lip colors for this launch, though admittedly, I’ve only tried Heather Mauve (a truly pale, toned down mauve with gray-pink). I also tried Black Pearl Shimmer Lip Gloss, which is a deep purplish-brown with icy pearl. Mauve Lip Gloss is a pale, low-sheen purple-mauve. It’s very opaque, which I like for this particular color. But the most stunning item from the launch was Bobbi’s Black Mauve Shimmer Ink Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner! It’s like a black-brown-purple. I suppose it reminds me of a deeper, darker MAC Nice Vice Paint Pot (which was LE, anyway), but this formula is great for when you need eyeliner that sticks around all day long!
Overall, in my limited experience with Bobbi Brown as a brand, I found this collection more impressive than some of the others (like the Nude Collection). I feel like these offer pops of color and fun, while still being subtle and appropriate. I hope that you, like me, will look at Bobbi Brown through a different lens than you would a MAC collection–because the brands are distinctly different and separate!
Anything from Bobbi’s Mauve Collection inspire you? Will you at least check it out or will you let it pass you by?
See product photos and swatches… Continue reading →
I recently purchased samples of the seven new pigments from MAC Overrich, and they finally arrived today! (Quite literally, five minutes or so!) You know I had to give you guys swatches right away!
So here are my quick thoughts on the seven colors:
- Blonde’s Gold is nice neutral-white kind of color with a touch of warmth in the form of bronzy-gold; it makes a great neutral base.
- Museum Bronze is a deep, metallic bronzy-gold color. I know in the swatch photo it looks rather bronzy, but I swear it seems more like an antique gold shade when I stare at on my hand (then again, the light by my desk isn’t the *best*). Anyway, gorgeous bronze color. It’s probably not a “must have” for everyone, but it is for me.
- Mega-Rich is a subdued coppery orange color. It’s not really like Coppersparkle, just because it has a subtle sheen, no over-the-top frosty shimmer/sparkle. I think it’s a bit more orange, too.
- Copperbeam is a rich copper-burgundy color; I see definite tones of earthy red mixed in. This is actually somewhat similar to Heritage Rouge — it’s distinctly different in a sense, but the two are close. This one has more red-brown to it; it reminds me of Antiqued eyeshadow, actually.
- Vintage Gold is a more antique version of Golden Olive (and less frost in its finish, more subtle sheen). Kind of like a dirty green with lots of gold pearl.
- Antique Green kind of reminds me of Deep Blue Green with more teal and gold in it (I am not saying it is a dupe for this color!!). Maybe a lighter version? The color is very much like a dirty green-teal color. It will be interesting to use this in a look.
- Heritage Rouge is a reddish purple–kind of like Cranberry eyeshadow. Like the others, this has a metallic sheen, but it isn’t too much, unlike some of the existing frost pigments. I think the texture and finish of these alone makes them worth checking out, even if you might have a possible dupe.
Check out swatches! Continue reading →
EstÄ“e Lauder | Chocolate Decadence
A Temptingly Delectable Color Collection for Fall
That palette does look tempting, doesn’t it? I love the swirled parts. Hmm… just may have to pick this up for fall!
This fall, Estee Lauder brings you an array of sugary-rich confections to tempt your color palette. From Berry Chocolate Truffles and Caramel Pralines to swirls of marbled fondant dusted with golden spun sugar, Estee Lauder has captured the essence of a luxurious chocolate boutique filled with rich chocolate works of art.
Introducing the new Estee Lauder Chocolate Decadence Collection — a delightful and truly delectable new color collection for fall, full of warm chocolate hues enhanced by luxurious caramel gold and sugared berry tones. The look features intensified lined eyes and softly glowing skin complemented by lightly sculpted lips and perfectly polished nails. To create a complete impression, pair the look with fall’s vintage-inspired suits in wools, jacquard and tweed and sensual satin blouses in warm golden tones and accessorize with sculpted boots and gloves in luxury leathers.
Base Look for Face
- New, Limited Edition Creme Caramel Shimmer Powder ($32.00)
- Projectionist Mascara in Black ($19.50)
For the Berry Chocolate Look
- New, Limited Edition Pure Color Lipstick in Berry Cordial & Berry Swirl ($22.00)
- New, Limited Edition Pure Color Swirl Gloss in Berry Swirl ($18.00)
- New, Limited Edition Signature Eyeshadow Quad in Berry Truffle ($35.00)
- Artist’s Eye Pencil in Plum Writer ($18.50)
- New, Limited Edition Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Berry Cordial ($18.00)
For the Caramel Chocolate Look
- New, Limited Edition Pure Color Lipstick in Creme Caramel & Caramel Chocolate Swirl ($22.00)
- New, Limited Edition Pure Color Swirl Gloss in Caramel Swirl ($18.00)
- New, Limited Edition Signature Eyeshadow Quad in Caramel Truffle ($35.00)
- Artist’s Eye Pencil in Brown Writer ($18.50)
- New, Limited Edition Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Creme Caramel ($18.00)
For more details… Continue reading →
Set for July 2008, Bobbi Brown will launch her Mauve Collection, which is for those who want “definition and polish without looking overdone.” Review is forthcoming!
Bobbi on her inspiration: “These shades were inspired by the covers of beautiful vintage books. Infused with hints of purple, grey and brown, mauve makeup is a cool neutral that’s very wearable.”
Mauve Face Palette ($55.00) | This season, diffused hues of mauve add definition and polish without looking overdone. Get the look with Bobbi’s new Mauve Face Palette, featuring cool neutral shades for cheeks, eyes and lips. Palette includes three Eye Shadows, one Blush, a Creamy Lip Color, a Lip Sheer and a Lip Color.
- Exclusive Navajo Eye Shadow
- New, Exclusive Vintage Eye Shadow
- New, Exclusive Chocolate Mauve Eye Shadow
- New, Exclusive Mauve Blush
- New, Exclusive Dusty Mauve Creamy Lip Color
- New, Exclusive Mauve Lip Sheer
- New, Exclusive Vintage Mauve Lip Color
Mini Brush Set ($55.00) | Designed with professional-quality brush heads and convenient mini handles, the Mini Brush Set is a must-have for the season. Soft black zip around case features the three brushes a woman needs to apply her Mauve Face Palette: Blush, Eye Shadow, and Eye Liner Brushes.
Lip Color in Pale Mauve and Heather Mauve ($22.00)
Lip Gloss & Shimmer Lip Gloss in Black Pearl Shimmer Lip Gloss (LE), Mauve Lip Gloss (LE), Iced Mauve Shimmer Lip Gloss ($19.00)
Black Mauve Shimmer Ink Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner ($19.00)
See photos… Continue reading →
According to D Magazine, in a recent article on wedding makeup, MAC artists created looks using some upcoming products! They mentioned two Cremesheen lipsticks (Brave Red & Speed Dial), two Starflash Eyeshadows (Grand Entrance & Smoke & Diamonds), and Mineralize Blush in Merrily.
The look breakdowns are:
On face: MAC Prep + Prime Skin ($22), MAC Face and Body Foundation ($31), MAC PRO set powder in Porcelain ($21); on eyes: MAC Eye Shadow in Hepcat ($14), MAC Star Flash eye shadow in Grand Entrance ($14.50), MAC Eye Kohl in Prunella ($13.50), MAC Eye Shadow in Nehru ($14), MAC Eye Brows pencil in Lingering ($14), MAC Zoom Lash in Zoomblack ($11); on lips: MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Speed Dial ($14) and MAC Lipglass in Sonic Vibe ($14); on cheeks: MAC Blushcreme in Brit Wit ($17.50).
On face: MAC Prep + Prime Skin ($22), MAC Face and Body Foundation ($31), MAC PRO set powder in Porcelain ($21); on eyes: MAC Eye Shadow in Folie ($14), MAC Star Flash eye shadow in Smoke & Diamonds ($14.50), MAC Eye Shadow in Shroom ($14), MAC Zoom Lash in Zoomblack ($11), MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack ($15), MAC #20 lashes ($11); on cheeks: MAC Powder Blush in Pinch O’ Peach ($17.50) and MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl ($16.50); on lips: MAC Frost lipstick in Chic ($14) and MAC Satin lipstick in Myth ($14).
On face: MAC Prep + Prime Skin ($22), MAC Face and Body Foundation ($31), MAC PRO set powder in Porcelain ($21); on eyes: MAC Eye Shadow in Yogurt ($14), MAC Eye Shadow in Cork ($14), MAC Eye Shadow in Vapour ($14), MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack ($15), MAC Zoom Lash in Zoomblack ($11), MAC #36 lashes ($11); on cheeks: MAC Mineralize Blush in Merrily ($21); on lips: MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Brave Red ($14) and MAC Lip Pencil in Burgundy ($12.50).
You can see images for The Sophisticate and The Starlet! Continue reading →