Illamasqua: Nail Varnishes
Everybody’s been talking about new UK brand Illamasqua, and for good reason–it’s not just hype. For now, let’s talk about their Nail Varnish (£12.50 for 15ml) — I tried out Phallic, which is a rich, deep dark midnight-blue with silver-blue glitter; and Loella, which is a subtle bubblegum pink with fuchsia-pink shimmer. Both shades went on smoothly and opaque with two medium thick coats. I found the formula to be incredibly easy to work with, and I loved how glittery Phallic was without making the texture feel gritty. There’s gotta be at least ten more colors I want to try now!
See swatches… Continue reading →
Chantecaille Sylvie Personal Collection for Fall 2009
Chic and sophisticated, the Sylvie Personal Collection embodies today’s strong, modern woman. Sparked by the energy and excitement of the city, this new collection speaks to women who are active, engaged and stylish—women who find beauty in a confident, elegant look.
The Sylvie Personal Collection was inspired by Chantecaille founder, Sylvie Chantecaille, and is thoroughly contemporary in its fashionforward palette and sleek, brand-new gunmetal packaging. This simple, streamlined look reflects an up-to-date femininity—a simple, authentic statement that exudes smart, urban cool. A complete collection for face, eyes and lips, re-imagined for Fall.
Sylvie’s Personal Palette ($72.00)
A new, square, super-stylized compact contains a complete palette for eyes and cheeks. Each of the four colors is intricately embossed in the shape of the rose, the symbol of Chantecaille. Eyes are the focus of Fall’s face, and three deep tones include two Lasting Eyeshades in a rich plum brown and a matte beige, both of which can be applied wet or dry. A Shine Eyeshade in shimmery fawn is an opulent highlight and can be easily blended in the crease of the eye for added sparkle. A Perfect Blush in a medium toned rose for cheeks comes in an ultra-fine highly adherent formula for a smooth, flawless complexion. All delivered in one chic, metalized pouch, it creates a rich and elegant vision for fall.
Lip Chic in Heirloom ($30.00)
New, deep berry tone that anchors Fall’s sophisticated face. The newest addition to Chantecaille’s Lip Chic collection, a highly emollient formula that offers the even coverage of a lipstick with the high shine and plumping effects of a gloss. Added collagen give lips a boost, leaving them fuller and decidedly more youthful in appearance, with out any irritation.
Luminous Eye Liner in Viola ($22.00)
An intense, long-wearing liquid eyeliner in plum with brown overtones. A unique formula rich in pearls and pigments is easily applied with the brush applicator to deliver a high-glamour look.
Le Stylo in Dark Brown ($26.00)
A dramatic, long-lasting liquid liner in an innovative marker form. Perfect for graphically defining eyes with a highly precise line of rich, dark brown.
Availability: August 2009 at Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Frédéric Fekkai Salons, Neiman Marcus, select Saks Fifth Avenue locations, and Space NK.
See more images… Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics Colour Craft Collection Facecharts
Here are eight face charts designed and created for their upcoming Colour Craft Collection!
- Brow Highlight: Passionate Eye Shadow (left eye) with 222 Brush
- Eyelid: Fresh Green Mix Mineralize Eye Shadow (solid shade)(inner, centre) with 252 Brush
- Liner: Smolder Eye Kohl (waterline), Rapidblack Penultimate Eye Liner
- Liner, Lower: Passionate Eye Shadow with 219 Brush
- Lashes: Zoomblack Zoom Lash
- Left Eye: Top circle at brow bone – Natural Flare Mineralize Eye Shadow (orange shade); middle circle at temple; Fashion Patch Mineralize Eye Shadow (blue and white shades); bottom circle at eyelid – Deep Truth Eye Shadow with
242 Brush; Rapidblack Penultimate Eye Liner (outline)
- Inner Eye Design (both eyes): Fresh Green Mix Mineralize Eye Shadow (solid shade) with 252 Brush and Rapidblack Penultimate Eye Liner (outline)
- Pencil: Beet Lip Pencil
- Lipstick: Trimming Talk Lipstick (outer) with 316 Brush and Miss Marble Lipglass and Melon Pigment
See seven more! Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics Graphic Garden Collection Facecharts
- Foundation: Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation with 188 Brush
- Blush: Dollymix Sheertone Shimmer Blush with 116 Brush
- Brows: Clear Brow Set
- Primer: Prep + Prime Eye with 242 Brush
- Brow Highlight: Social Climber Eye Shadow with 239 Brush
- Eyelid: Botanical Blue and Straight Hedge
- Eye Shadows with 239 Brush
- Liner, Upper: Point Black Liquidlast Liner with 212 Brush
- Liner, Lower: Graphic Garden Eye Shadow with 212 Brush
- Lashes: Black Dazzle Dazzle Lash
- Primer: Prep + Prime Lip with 311 Brush
- Pencil: Sublime Culture Cremestick Liner
- Lipstick: Soft Illusion Lipstick with 311 Brush and Baby Blooms Lipglass
See seven more… Continue reading →
China Glaze Retro Diva Collection for Fall 2009 – Part 2
Six more shades from China Glaze’s latest launch, and there is sure to be at least one that catches your eye. My personal favorites were Cords, Let’s Groove, and Thunderbird. What are your faves?
- Cords is a metallic-y grayish taupe-brown. It has silver flecks of shimmer and a metallic sheen, but I did find brush strokes to show up more often in the finish.
- Let’s Groove is a rich, vroyal purple with cool purple and hot pink shimmer laced within it. I loved this shade — it looked so stunning on the nails.
- Thunderbird is a vibrant ruby red with softer red shimmer. It applied easily and without a fuss. It’s just such a rich shade of red that made me go “ooh!”
- Skate Night is a raspberryish shade with softer pink-raspberry shimmer. It’s a gorgeous shade, and it is lighter than Stroll, for those who thought they looked the same.
- Cruisin’ is a paler, lighter shade of orange with brown undertones. It has soft orange shimmer. It’s not as bright as Free Love, especially because the brown helps tone it down quite a bit.
- Street Racing is a rustic shade of copper with a little bit of red. It has flecks of bronzy-red shimmer and a metallic finish. I found brush strokes did show up a bit, but not too badly in this one.
See more swatches… Continue reading →
China Glaze Retro Diva Collection for Fall 2009 – Part 1
For fall, China Glaze is bringing back the shades of the 70s for your polishing pleasure. Twelve shades with metallic-y finishes, soft shimmer, and lots of deep hues. Here are six of the twelve, with the second set to follow shortly! Of these six, my favorites were Short & Sassy, Stella, and Stroll.
- Far Out is a warm-toned caramel brown with golden-bronze shimmer. It applies evenly and is opaque in about one medium thick coat or two thin-to-medium coats.
- Short & Sassy is a gorgeous, rich burgundy-red-wine with low shimmer. It’s a rich shade of garnet, which definitely makes it a perfect hue for the cooler fall season.
- Stella is a purple wine shade with fuchsia-pink shimmer. It applies easily and streak-free with either two thin or medium thick coats.
- Stroll is a mostly opaque strawberry-jelly shade of red with golden shimmer weaved through it. I really loved the color itself, but I found application a bit more finnicky, so more precise, clean application is a must.
- Drive In is a fiery red with orange glimmer that really does remind mem of the way fire looks at night. Very pretty!
- Free Love is a bright shade of orange with just a touch of brownish-red in it that keeps it from being too bright. I love the flecks of orange shimmer in it.
See more swatches… Continue reading →