shu uemura mode make-up collection
There are periods of time a woman has an alluring glow and enlightened expression, often times of great pleasure and confidence. Capture these most sensuous moments and recreate the indulgent merge of mesmeric forces with the collection of Instinct. shu uemura explores the power of instinct with an arousing collection of deep color veils and lush texture to reveal the evocative allure of every woman. Mode make-up, biannual color collections by shu uemura, transforms a woman’s face into art. Experience beauty alchemy with shu uemura’s 127th mode make-up created by the newly appointed international artistic director Kakuyasu Uchiide, exposing sensuality through the resonance of layers.
Luring Powder ($38.00)
The bare, expressive skin of the face and neck is treated to a light powder mist of flushed pink for a tantalizing sheen and natural rosy sheer complexion. Apply the powder with a brush along the hairline and heightened parts of the face and decolletage to add a touch of color and recreate a sensual glow. Available in ROSE, a calm pink shade .
Duo Eyeshadow (LE) ($36.00)
New duo eye shadow palette features rich creams in smoked, veiled colors contrasting with powders in warm, bronzed shades. Available in MYSTIFIER, MESMERIZER, and TANTALIZER.
- Mystifier: Black Cream/Brownish Bronze
- Tantalizer: Green Cream/Goldish Bronze
- Mesmerizer: Purple Cream/Silvery Bronze
Glow On (LE) ($21.00)
Colors inspired by the natural tint of blush and a luxuriously platinum-like highlight shade for a glamorous sheen. Available in LUST, PULSE and STEAM.
- lust – a reddish pink with a subtle pearl finish.
- pulse – a warm, lush pink with a subtle pearl finish steam
- steam - a luxurious highlight shade with a platinum-like finish.
Rouge Unlimited Crystal Shine (LE) ($23.00)
Smooth, gliding application leaves vivid color and volumizing shine on lips. Advanced crystal shine formula colors leave a supple, soft touch. Available in CRIMSON DAZZLE and BROWN DAZZLE.
Availability: September 2008
See more photos… Continue reading →
2008: The make-up collections pay tribute to the couturier and celebrate thirty years of beauty, taking inspiration from the house’s legendary icons. The starring chapters for Autumn/Winter 2008/2009: the tuxedo and color.
The tuxedo. A diaphanous complexion. Deep, deep eyes – metallic and smoky. Shocking pink lips. A provocative, intriguing allure. With the divine brushstrokes of Val Garland, Artistic Adviser for YSL Make-Up, Coco Rocha personifies the Yves Saint Laurent woman – feline and mysterious.
BLACK OR WHITE
The tuxedo, a fashion icon of the Yves Saint Laurent universe created in 1966, is the standard of the masculine-feminine style. Emblematic of the collection, two limited edition palettes – for eyes and for the complexion – offer a free, graphic interpretation, between light and shadow.
New Ombres 5 Lumieres reinterpret the Yves Saint Laurent palette and take a monochrome stand to make an elegant, subtle color play with fashion. Four colors – dark, iridescent and satiny shades plus a highlighter – in each of the six compacts give eyes natural-looking or spectacular depth.
As the signature touch, the lips are inimitable in shocking pink. Autumn/Winter ’08/’09 introduces dark, spicy, fuchsia, ROUGE PURE SHINE N 31 Tuxedo Pink and the tamer ROUGE PUR N 141 Pink Satin.
With this collection, the following also make their debut:
- Blush Variation N 17 Silky Nude
- Everlong Mascara N 6 Ever Green
- Eyeliner Moire N 9 Emerald Reflections
- Fard A Levres Rouge Pur N 140 Purple Velvet
- Rouge PurE Shine N 30 Shimmering Pink
- Golden Gloss N 14 Golden Purple
- Golden Gloss N 15 Golden Berry
- La Laque N 35 Tuxedo Grey
- La Laque N 36 Rich Coffee
Availability on counter is September 1st, but product information will pop on www.yslbaeutyus.com in mid-August.
Here are some product photos of the Lustre Twins Pro Longwear Lustre Lip Colours!
See more photos… Continue reading →
Long-time Temptalia readers probably know that my favorite concealer is Kanebo’s Brush-Type Concealer ($33.00). Kanebo has recently reformulated and improved its popular concealer. Part of their new foundation series, the Kanebo Concealer is now touted as an anti-aging brush-on foundation tool. It has Kanzo Extract, which is supposed to soothe blemishes and reduce/prevent irritation. There is also moistened powder, which helps you retain the natural oil in your skin.
Above, the picture is of my naked eye, without any makeup, completely unretouched–truly my naked eye! I actually haven’t been sleeping very well, and I’ve cried more than usual, so it was the perfect time to check out the concealer. (By the way, can you see those awful undereye wrinkles? Sigh!)
Below is a picture with my undereye area concealed using Kanebo. The concealer has really neutralized the redness/puffiness as well as reduced the darkness of the undereye circle. I have never had a lot of bags, because I have hated, hated, HATED them. I do everything I can to keep them at bay; I’ve always been a good girl and done my best to get a full eight hours! What I like about Kanebo is its wear, because I don’t find that it migrates or emphasizes my fine lines throughout the day. It stays put, and it does its job well!
You know how people always recommend that you get a professional bikini wax done before attempting it yourself at-home? Well, LISTEN TO THEM! I am telling you from experience that this is probably the best way to go about it. You will see how it should be done; you get a real, live visual experience and can file it away for future use. It is not to say that my at-home bikini waxing experience was regrettable, but it did not go as smoothly as it could have gone.
I recently received Parissa’s Quick & Easy 2-in1 Roll-On Body Sugar ($19.99) waxing kit that’s good for legs, body, eyebrows, face, and bikini. So it’s pretty much the mega-kit of waxing kits because it’s ready to take on any unwanted hair wherever it may grow! You also get 20 large, reusable (!!) wax strips. Yes, I said reusable, and yes, they really are reusable!
The best part about the wax kit is the wax itself. It is a sugar-based wax that you heat up quickly in the microwave, then roll onto the hairy bit. Apply the wax strip, then remove lightning-fast in the opposite direction as the hair growth. It isn’t painless, don’t let someone fool you that it’s painless! There may be some lucky ladies who don’t experience much pain, but for the rest of us? Probably some involved. The faster you do it, the less painful it is–much like pulling a bandaid off. Back to why the wax itself is awesome: it washes off with complete ease. No matter if you’re a pro and get the job done or if you can’t get it and want to give up, you can wash off any excess or residual wax easily with lukewarm water. What I like about it is this means you don’t have to worry about sticky wax clinging around, but also if you can’t handle it or it’s not working out–you can pack up the kit and not have to keep truckin’.
The second best part is the reusable strips. The strips are large, which is great for larger parts of your body (I imagine you might be able to cut and trim if you wanted to be all DIY with it), and since the wax dissolves so easily, the strips rinse right now. I set them out on a towel to dry, and then back in the box they go.
I give this kit a big thumbs up! It’s budget-friendly, will last you awhile (with the reusable strips–also eco-friendly), and it’s pretty easy to use. The only exception is I advise anyone wanting to use it for the bikini area to make sure they have a good grasp on how to do it and not just go gung-ho into it (like I did, stupidly!).
Get Parissa at Ulta, Whole Foods, and www.parissa.com.
Cult of Cherry
Cherry on top. Pity poor Eve, there’s a new forbidden fruit. With a smouldering eye and a plush, purple-red mouth, she’s a living, sensual pleasure. The Cult of Cherry is luscious, dramatic, undeniably eroticized. Ripened lips, Spiced Hot Chocolate eyes or Illegal Purple nails, combine to seduce with a sweet-and-shock,
way-to-go dark. Separates the bitter from the sweet. This drama just gets more delicious.
- Creme Cerise Sheer yellow taupe (lustre)
- Lightly Ripe Sheer mid-tone pink (lustre)
- Russian Red Intense bluish red (matte)
- “O” Intense purplish red with metallic gold (frost)
- So Scarlet Clean grape burgundy (amplified)
- Cherry Blossom Sheer light pink with multi-dimensional pearl (frost)
- Rich & Ripe Mid-tone pinkish red with multi-dimensional pearl (frost)
- Cult of Cherry Clean red with red pearl (frost)
- Liqueur Neutral brownish mauve with multi-dimensional pearl (frost)
- Jampacked Sheer grape with multi-dimensional pearl (frost)
- Rapturous Deep berry red (matte)
- Kirsch Blackened cranberry (matte)
- Chock-ful Blackened brown (matte)
- Bing Blackened eggplant (matte)
Powder Blush ($17.50)
- Blooming Frosted deep dirty peach (frost)
- Plum de Bois Frosted deep pink bronze with gold pearl (frost)
Nail Lacquer ($10.00)
- Silverstruck Frosty greyed taupe with multi-dimensional pearl (frost)
- Illegal Purple Creamy blackened eggplant (cream)
Zoom Lash ($11.00)
Eye shadow X4 – Spiced Chocolate Quad ($36.00)
- Nanogold Sheer yellow pink with pink pearl (frost)
- Brash Frosty reddish copper (vxp)
- Spiced Dirty deep reddish brown (matte)
- Sweet Chestnut Frosted cranberry (frost)
Eye shadow X4 – Tempting Quad ($36.00)
- Next to Nothing Sheer yellow beige with pink pearl (frost)
- Sharp Frosty bright yellow gold (satin)
- Dark Edge Dirty chocolate brown (satin)
- Tempting Rich coco (lustre)
Eye shadow X4 – Shadowy Lady Quad ($36.00)
- Light Fall Dirty light pink (satin)
- Smudge Violet Frosty blackened lavender with multi-dimensional pearl (frost)
- Deep Truth Very dark blue (frost)
- Shadowy Lady Darkly veiled plum (matte)
Available September 2008 at all MAC locations, 1.800.387.6707, www.maccosmetics.com.
See more photos… Continue reading →