Hourglass @ Imitation of Christ S/S 2012
Hourglass @ Imitation of Christ S/S 2012
Here is the beauty look created by Hourglass Artistic Director Gina Brooke for the Imitation of Christ Spring 2012 runway show that took place at the W Hotel at Union Square on Thursday, September 8. The theme of the show was a super-chic wedding party and designer Tara Subkoff orchestrated the affair to seem like a lighthearted walk down the aisle. Models wore gossamer silk and lace confections, grooms were in crisp suits, rose petals arrayed the runway and a real-life priest even helmed the occasion. Tying the knot was modeling star, actress and heiress Lydia Hearst—who even threw her bouquet over her shoulder.
Each model was prepped with a new Primer Serum, launching in Summer 2012, which treats your skin as it prepares it for makeup. It is a silky, luxurious oil blend that glides on to create a retexturized surface for foundation, hydrates the complexion and triggers a sensory experience with a host of fragrant essential oils. Suitable for all skin types. Formulated with 28 beneficial ingredients (14 essential oils, 10 lipid-rich oils and 4 vitamins).
Models with oily complexions were sporting Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation, launching Spring 2012. The advanced new makeup base delivers an exquisitely matte finish that lasts all day—without the need for touchups. In addition, the foundation uses clinical levels of two anti-aging ingredients to visibly improves the skin’s texture and help create a more youthful-looking visage.
- SKIN: Start with Primer Serum to create a moisturized canvas for makeup. Follow with Illusion Tinted Moisturizer, or Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation, and apply with No. 2 Foundation brush. Conceal dark circles or blemishes with Hidden Corrective Concealer.
- EYES: Apply Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Lagoon (blue), Dune (gold) or Prism (silver) on the lid and blend with fingers. Follow with a subtle application of Script Precision Liner to enhance the lash line. Follow with Film Noir Mascara to define the lashes and finish with a glossy topcoat of Film Noir Lash Lacquer.
- CHEEKS: Apply Aura Sheer Cheek Stain in Flush to the apples of the cheeks and blend with the fingers. Highlight cheeks with Illume Crème-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Bronze Light.
- LIPS: Apply Aura Sheer Lip Stain in Flush to lips.
The team from Skyn ICELAND prepped the models skin before the show.
Hourglass is sold at Sephora, Barneys and Bergdorf Goodman.
See more photos!
Illamasqua Theatre of the Nameless Collection
Descend into the riotous scene of erotic adventure that is THE THEATRE OF THE NAMELESS, nocturnal den of the dissident leaders of underworld subcultures. Exotic dancers rub shoulders with expressionist actors and performers; nudists and Boot Girls openly compete for the Conférencier’s eye; and all participate in the Club’s endless, pleasure-seeking rituals, immersing themselves in a heady world of sensual delight …
Teased by the sweet, pungent tang of opium, the air throbs with the electric shock of lovers’ flesh. Dare to feel the intensity of the club’s intimate caress, and abandon yourself to the glorious wonders of unfettered night-time make-up.
“Theatre Of The Nameless is a heady mixture of opulent hues, decadent pigments and fearless application. A bruised and burnished pallet that gives a sensual slip that bleeds colour into colour, worn through and kissed off.” — Alex Box, Illamasqua Creative Director
Infused with the essence of self-expression that transformed 1920s Berlin, this rich and indulgent collection envelops the senses. Darkly sophisticated tones are accompanied by shocks of dazzling iridescence, creating a breathtakingly modern interpretation of the most illicit nightlife in history.
It’s time to cross the threshold and embrace a world of unadulterated decadence …
Cream Pigment ($24.00 / £17.00)
- Andorgen Coral
- Depravity Magenta
Pure Pigment ($24.00 / £15.50)
- Beguile Shimmering white pearl
- Berber Auburn shimmer
- Zeitgeist Shimmering black
Mascara ($ / £15.00)
- Raven Midnight black
Precision Ink ($27.50 / £17.00)
- Havoc Aubergine
Nail Varnish ($14.00 / £13.50)
- Taint Stone brown
- Kink Bottle green
- Vice Deep cerise
- Faux Pas Blue violet
Shimmer Blush ($24.00 / £16.50)
- Ambition Neutral
- Morale Rosed flush
Lipgloss ($20.00 / £13.00)
- Facade Grey pink
- Violate Dark green shimmer
Lipstick ($22.00 / £15.50)
- Kontrol Blue violet
False Eye Lashes ($16.00 / £16.00)
- Grandeur Fluttering, tapered elegance
- Weimar Thick, long, luxurious blackened auburn