ORLY Cosmix Collection for Fall 2010
ORLY introduces its latest addition to its portfolio of textured finishes with Cosmic FX. The new, limited-edition collection delivers multi-dimensional flashes of intense shimmering shine that is so electrifying your nails will explode with color! This lighting phenomenon is achieved by ORLY’s exclusive MINERAL FX technology.
The innovation infuses natural rock minerals, crystals, and glass to give nails a special optical effect with extreme luster, rich pearlescence, and a smooth, sparkling spectrum of concentrated color.
The MINERALFX technology includes specialty mica, that allows for a clearer, vibrantly bright lustrous shimmer. Crystals allow for a multi-dimensional color transformation. Glass particles carefully controlled in shape and size create a luminous phenomenon. This combination infused with the Silica and specific colors selected create this exclusive technology that gives nails a unique optical effect that’s magnified as the lighting source intensifies or viewing angle changes.
Nail Lacquer ($10.00)
- Lunar Eclipse Blue with pink purple FX
- Galaxy Girl Purple with blue green FX
- It’s Not Rocket Science Green with gold blue FX
- Space Cadet Green with purple gold FX
- Halley’s Comet Turquoise with green yellow FX
- Out of This World Purple with pink silver FX
Availability: September 2010 at orlybeauty.com, Sally Beauty, Ulta and fine salons and spas throughout the U.S. and in over 70 countries worldwide.
ORLY Plastix Collection for Fall 2010
ORLY, the company that continually pioneers the Nail Lacquer arena with the most cutting edge colors, technology and textures, introduces the Plastix Collection. Complementing the Fall 2010 runway looks that featured bright neon colors amid shiny black plastic, latex, and rubber reinventions of vintage must-haves, Plastix evokes the vintage classic trend with four new lacquers and a unique new formula that coats the nails with a smooth glossy matte “plastic” finish. The exclusive finish and texture is a first in the nail category, delivering a monochromatic, shiny and rubbery look that takes experimentation to an entirely new level, with the focus being on both the distinctive nail surface, as well as the latest in color trends. The unique look can not be achieved with color alone as the finish is a must for recreating the true “plastic” statement.
Nail Lacquer ($7.50)
- Viridian Vinyl Glossy blue-green
- Purple Pleather Shiny purple
- Old School Orange Classic orange
- Retro Red Traditional red
Availability: July 2010 at orlybeauty.com, Sally Beauty, Ulta and fine salons and spas throughout the U.S. and in over 70 countries worldwide.
Orly Nail Lacquer: Ole, La Playa, Bailamos, Fiesta
Orly Viva Collection for Summer 2010
Viva is a short and sweet lacquer collection featuring four bold, summer-ready shades. The formula on all four shades was excellent — thin enough that it wasn’t goopy or hard to work with, but the formula was richly pigmented. You could do just two coats on all of these shades, but I did three because that’s my style These were easy to work with and required no trickery or playing around to get a smooth, even application. I also love Orly’s rubber-grip bottles, because it makes it easier for me to hold onto the polish when applying!
- Ole is a vibrant orange cream with just a hint of redness in it, but it’s still very much an orange. It’s not neon or construction orange, because it’s much, much deeper. This easily goes opaque in two coats, though the swatches feature three.
- La Playa is a darkened navy blue cream. It has a very glossy finish on its own, and it’s quite pigmented. This had the thinnest consistency, but I had no troubles with it. It applied evenly and smoothly, and this one could get nearly opaque with two coats, but I did three just for good measure. It’s a very inky blue.
- Bailamos is a teal-shimmered turquoise-blue. This is exactly what I think of when it comes to summer–lots and lots of aqua, teal, and turquoise. Two coats and it’s opaque, but the swatches are with three, for reference.
- Fiesta is a bright medium pink with iridescent pink sparkle. It’s a fun, totally-pefect-pink for summer kind of shade. I think this would look particularly fitting on summer toes.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 29/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 5/5
Recommendation: If you love bolder, vibrant shades for summer nails, Orly’s Viva Collection offers an excellent formula in four fun-for-summer shades.
Availability: Orly in May 2010
ORLY Sugar Coated Spring Collection | Confections that Sparkle!
Los Angeles (December 2007) — A sweet garden of delights awaits you in ORLY’s new Sugar Coated Color Collection. Creamy lilacs, sugary pinks and icy whites combine for a color palette that will make your clients feel as sweet as candy.
The Sugar Coated palette contains:
- Rock Candy — sheer lilac with turquoise flip
- Cupcake – demure classic pink crème
- Meringue — winter white shimmer with sugary gold flip
- Petit Four — classic orchid crème
- Taffy — baby pink glitter
- Bon Bon — classic lavender crème
With the launch of this Spring collection, ORLY introduces a new packaging design for all their nail lacquers. The new silver bottle screening and matching silver signature Gripper Cap™ create a unique, fresh look for the ORLY brand. All ORLY nail lacquers including the Sugar Coated Spring Collection are free of DBP and all traces of Toluene and Formaldehyde.
The Sugar Coated collection lacquers are available beginning in March 2008 . The collection is available at fine salons, beauty supply stores and purveyors of beauty throughout the U.S. and in over 65 countries worldwide. Visit ORLY’s web site at www.orlybeauty.com.
Any of these catch your eye? Share your thoughts in the comments!