Introducing SCI-FI LULLABIES, OCC’s newest colour collection for Spring 2013! Spring has always been a time for transformation, and this season we explore the dichotomy between two realities: What is truth and what is fantasy. Showcased alongside Ready- To-Wear shades are fantasias of Couture Colors designed to transport you to your idyllic designation, whether it’s firmly planted on the Earth or exists only on an unexplored off-world colony. Inspired by the Science Fiction Genre, this collection of metallic shades will make on-lookers question if you are human…or more human than human.
Lip Tar ($18.00)
- Pris Palest champagne metallic
- Lovecraft Iridescent pink/lilac metallic
- Zhora Pale peach, pink/red metallic
- Batty Midnight black/gunmetal metallic
- Clockwork Rich terracotta with an orange undertone
- Annika Pale neutral peach
Nail Lacquer ($10.00)
- batty Midnight black with silver glitter (Glitter)
- Ripley Blackened antique gold (Metallic)
- Pond True royal blue (Satin)
- Leeloo Vibrant orange with gold shimmer (Metallic)
- Videodrome Greyed, vaguely teal blue (Satin)
- Electric Sheep Pale lavender with silver shimmer (Metallic)
Availability: March 15th @ OCC
Here’s a little mix of my picks for Valentine’s Day-themed lipsticks that range from light pink to vibrant red! I’d love to hear your picks!
- MAC Lickable — bright pink
- Giorgio Armani #503 — rich red
- NARS Dragon Girl — blue-based matte red
- OCC Femme — light-medium pink
- Revlon Lollipop — glossy fuchsia pink
What lipsticks remind you of Valentine’s Day?
5 Golden Eyeshadows for the Holidays
I could have easily given you a list of ten, being the gold fiend that I am, but I’ll keep it to the current five that really say holiday to me. I think gold is a very versatile color. It pairs well with warmer shades like bronze, rust, and berry, but it can also work with cooler-toned shades like violet, teal, and blue. And if golds not your cup of tea, I have five of my favorite silvers for holiday coming right up. Any interest in seeing some holiday blue shades? What other holiday-themed favorites would you like to see?
- L’Oreal Eternal Sunshine — metallic yellow gold; not too yellow, not too orange
- OCC Triptych — rich, molten, honey gold
- Make Up For Ever #11 — dirty antique gold
- Inglot #430 — frosted, rich gold
- MAC Old Gold — tarnished gold
What’s your favorite holiday gold eyeshadow?
5 Great Layering Shades to Create Festive Lip Looks
Whether you love a red, berry, burgundy, copper, or orange lip for the holidays, these are fantastic products to layer with your favorite lipstick to add the sparkle and shine of the holiday season.
- Bobbi Brown Canary — clear gloss packed with orange-gold shimmer and sparkle
- OCC Triptych — bright gold; alone or patted on top, it is absolutely festive
- Illamasqua Opulent — mix of champagne, pink, and gold shimmer
- NARS Albatross — white gold shimmer
- Hourglass Imagine — glossy, champagne shimmer